ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci admits that hes been lying to us

Not likely. 330 million people and we are losing around 3000 a day. This thing is everywhere so the vaccine has to be extremely widespread and in huge numbers to cut into a statistically insignificant amount. Half of the states now aren't even going to prioritize the elderly populations which have the highest death rates. Hell, nebraska is going to vaccinate the prison population first. It'll be months before the vaccine makes a dent.

Wow Nebraska really is the armpit of the midwest! 😂

Reactions: Crazyhole
So you really believe that vaccinating 100-200M people will take as long as the virus running its natural course?
Well Fauci says 90% will have to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity, (which is utter bullshit) so it will actually take 300 million doses to get it down to a 1:1 rate. That'll probably take at least a year if not more, and would require a vaccine mandate that isnt going to happen.

Wow Nebraska really is the armpit of the midwest! 😂
People aren't thrilled about it, that's for sure. I can understand vaccinating guards and staff, but people on death row? Utter stupidity.

Not likely. 330 million people and we are losing around 3000 a day. This thing is everywhere so the vaccine has to be extremely widespread and in huge numbers to cut into a statistically insignificant amount. Half of the states now aren't even going to prioritize the elderly populations which have the highest death rates. Hell, nebraska is going to vaccinate the prison population first. It'll be months before the vaccine makes a dent.

The approach has to be very targeted at high risk groups.......If the first priority remains long term care facilities and the elderly the vaccine will be very statistically significant to those targeted populations..........

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Well Fauci says 90% will have to be vaccinated to reach herd immunity, (which is utter bullshit) so it will actually take 300 million doses to get it down to a 1:1 rate. That'll probably take at least a year if not more, and would require a vaccine mandate that isnt going to happen.
Well the vaccine is 95% effective at preventing infection and decreases severity of symptoms. So those getting it will be at drastically reduced risk. Since we are prioritizing the high risk populations first, we will be saving countless lives with the vaccine. Even if herd immunity is never even achieved.

Reactions: JAFFX2
The approach has to be very targeted at high risk groups.......If the first priority remains long term care facilities and the elderly the vaccine will be very statistically significant to those targeted populations..........
Now don't go using common sense. That will lead to you being labeled a racist because the elderly are, by a vast majority, white. Its why states are prioritizing minorities over the elderly. Sure, I could see making them priority #2 but not ahead of the highest risk category.

Of course we also have the issue of illegals being reticent of going to the doctor or getting the vaccine out of fear of deportation so they are one of the largest spreader demographics in the country. Not sure how you deal with that.

Well the vaccine is 95% effective at preventing infection and decreases severity of symptoms. So those getting it will be at drastically reduced risk. Since we are prioritizing the high risk populations first, we will be saving countless lives with the vaccine. Even if herd immunity is never even achieved.
Yeah, but the interoffice memo said the vaccine won't stop you from transmitting it if you're exposed (yeah, science makes a lot of sense on this one). Kind of like how if I fart in your mouth, you can go blow it on someone else and they'll get the full scent of my butthole vapor.

Yeah, but the interoffice memo said the vaccine won't stop you from transmitting it if you're exposed (yeah, science makes a lot of sense on this one). Kind of like how if I fart in your mouth, you can go blow it on someone else and they'll get the full scent of my butthole vapor.
Nope

Funny how Mr. Anti-Lockdown is ho-hum about the vaccines which, if we can get most people to take them, will end this pandemic.
Who’s ho-hum about the vaccine??? I really think you have trouble with reading comprehension. Just once maybe you will actually read ANY post and stay focused enough to respond to THAT post

So... you think this pandemic will end with the vaccine? How do you plan on getting people to take them??

1) Lock them up?
2) execute them?
3) Death Camps?
4) Fines? Yeah.,, that’s constitutional
5) Kill or threaten to kill their family
6) Riots

Mr. anti-lockdown is asking Mr. “Loves the unemployed and impoverished.”

So.., that’s your answer? Yeah.., that should work :rolleyes: Ironically your common sense answer makes no common sense
Let's review....
1) Deadly virus hits for which there is no cure.
2) 300,000 Americans die from it and counting.
3) In record time, vaccines are developed that are 95% effective.
4) Ucfmikes logic: We desperately need to jump-start the economy but--doggone it--65% of the country won't take it and refuse to wear masks. So I guess we'll have to wait a few years until the virus "burns itself out."

Let's review....
1) Deadly virus hits for which there is no cure.
2) 300,000 Americans die from it and counting.
3) In record time, vaccines are developed that are 95% effective.
4) Ucfmikes logic: We desperately need to jump-start the economy but--doggone it--65% of the country won't take it and refuse to wear masks. So I guess we'll have to wait a few years until the virus "burns itself out."
That’s not “MY LOGIC.” That’s a FACT! Do you ever pay attention to FACTS? Go ahead and argue with the facts and then call it “MY LOGIC.”

Dec. 7, 2020 -- Sixty percent of people questioned in November said they would “definitely or probably” take the coronavirus vaccine

probably?? Hmmm

What’s @DaShuckster brilliant solution to save America?

COMMON SENSE!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Why didn’t HE run for President? That’s a brilliant idea!!! Now we just need a vaccine for uncommon sense. How long will THAT take?

Right guys? [roll] :uzi:[eyeroll]:flush:

Last edited:
While an exact threshold is not known, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said recently that 75% to 85% of the population will need to get the vaccine to stop the spread.

Hmmm.. I didn’t even look that up until now. Didn’t I just stay that?

Looks like this virus is going to be with us for awhile.

What‘a @DaShuckster solution to
problem?

LOCKDOWN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, BUT BACKDATE IT TO APRIL OF 2020 WITHOUT A BREAK

Why don’t we just tear down every predominantly eat-in restaurant for 2-3 years for starters? Riiiiight guys???

While an exact threshold is not known, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said recently that 75% to 85% of the population will need to get the vaccine to stop the spread.

Hmmm.. I didn’t even look that up until now. Didn’t I just stay that?

Looks like this virus is going to be with us for awhile.

What‘a @DaShuckster solution to
problem?

LOCKDOWN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, BUT BACKDATE IT TO APRIL OF 2020 WITHOUT A BREAK

Why don’t we just tear down every predominantly eat-in restaurant for 2-3 years for starters? Riiiiight guys???

Thats an impossible threshold to cross, and it doesn't even make sense quite honestly. If this virus is truly that transmissible, after a year we should have a heck of a lot more cases. Even if we have 120 million already, which is making a huge assumption, it shouldn't take 85% being vaccinated to stop this thing.

Thats an impossible threshold to cross, and it doesn't even make sense quite honestly. If this virus is truly that transmissible, after a year we should have a heck of a lot more cases. Even if we have 120 million already, which is making a huge assumption, it shouldn't take 85% being vaccinated to stop this thing.
Why are you doubting the famous Dr Fraudci??

Well, the good news is according to Dr. @DaShuckster all we need is:

tenor.gif

Why are you doubting the famous Dr Fraudci??

Well, the good news is according to Dr. @DaShuckster all we need is:

tenor.gif

Common sense? Let's just go by the numbers that are reported. 20 million cases is basically 6% of our population. His 90% needing the vaccine gets us to 96% of people being exposed/vaccinated before we have it under control. That puts this on the level of smallpox, which by all accounts was far deadlier than covid. Maybe if the CFR was in the double digits I could see that, but this is also assuming that after a year only 6% of people have actually caught it. None of the math adds up to believing we need 90% of people to be vaccinated.
I've pointed it out before, but at our current rate it would take over 1,000 years to kill every living American. None of what fauci says meets the level of common sense

None of what fauci says meets the level of common sense
Our board's Trumpets need commonsense AND a better memory.

If this story is accurate (which is doubtful), it means Dr. Fauci downplayed the virus like POTUS Trump did.

If this story is accurate (which is doubtful), it means Dr. Fauci downplayed the virus like POTUS Trump did.
Once again, deflecting back to Trump and arguing with the facts. Maybe you need to review a few of the articles and polls about this subject and not rely on MEMORY. Then let us all know how many of you Bidets don’t want to have COMMON SENSE and take the vaccine

Once again, deflecting back to Trump and arguing with the facts. Maybe you need to review a few of the articles and polls about this subject and not rely on MEMORY. Then let us all know how many of you Bidets don’t want to have COMMON SENSE and take the vaccine
You're embarrassing yourself. (again)

You're embarrassing yourself. (again)
That’s your response when you’re backed into a corner. Have you looked up the facts yet?

No.., only you can embarrass yourself with your addiction to Trump, obsession with the virus, and living your entire life on the WC thinking that all your comrades are your “friends”. Had a beer with @NinjaKnight lately? [roll]

@DaShuckster is just pissed off because he knows the vaccine isn’t going to end this like he thought and either are masks. He’s going to be on his own personal, self-induced, lockdown for years. Maybe change your avatar to a big vagina

If it's accurate? It's from the NYT who interviewed him.

I’ll probably be taking it relatively soon, but the point is, I HAVE A STRONG FEELING that we are going to still have to wear masks unfortunately. Simply, because it will not drop the numbers quickly enough.
Not enough people will take it.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
If it's accurate? It's from the NYT who interviewed him.
I find it fascinating that Conservative media outlets have all jumped on characterizing Fauci's reported comment as a lie.

Where is the New York Times article? What does the author of the NYT piece have to say about it?

I find it fascinating that Conservative media outlets have all jumped on characterizing Fauci's reported comment as a lie.

Where is the New York Times article? What does the author of the NYT piece have to say about it?
I linked to it on page one

I linked to it on page one
So THIS is what all the fuss is about?

Quoting from the article:
"In the pandemic’s early days, Dr. Fauci tended to cite the same 60 to 70 percent estimate that most experts did. About a month ago, he began saying “70, 75 percent” in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said “75, 80, 85 percent” and “75 to 80-plus percent.”

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak."

This had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with 'downplaying the virus.' This was a question about what percent of our population needed to be vaccinated to bring the virus to a halt.

Good grief, all it took was for the Right Wing media to totally mischaracterize this NYT article to get our Usual Suspects' panties in a wad.

So THIS is what all the fuss is about?

Quoting from the article:
"In the pandemic’s early days, Dr. Fauci tended to cite the same 60 to 70 percent estimate that most experts did. About a month ago, he began saying “70, 75 percent” in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said “75, 80, 85 percent” and “75 to 80-plus percent.”

In a telephone interview the next day, Dr. Fauci acknowledged that he had slowly but deliberately been moving the goal posts. He is doing so, he said, partly based on new science, and partly on his gut feeling that the country is finally ready to hear what he really thinks.

Hard as it may be to hear, he said, he believes that it may take close to 90 percent immunity to bring the virus to a halt — almost as much as is needed to stop a measles outbreak."

This had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with 'downplaying the virus.' This was a question about what percent of our population needed to be vaccinated to bring the virus to a halt.

Good grief, all it took was for the Right Wing media to totally mischaracterize this NYT article to get our Usual Suspects' panties in a wad.
And you think its a rational position to believe it will take 90% of the population to get the virus under control? That would mean there would only be a 1% chance of a person being able to pass it to another person.

And you think its a rational position to believe it will take 90% of the population to get the virus under control? That would mean there would only be a 1% chance of a person being able to pass it to another person.
I'm thinking that Dr. Fauci knows a tad bit more about herd immunity than you or I do.

I'm thinking that Dr. Fauci knows a tad bit more about herd immunity than you or I do.
Somehow it doesn't seem like it. It seems more like he wants to sell more vaccines and is using his influence to do so. Like I said, is it reasonable to think that a 1% chance of passing on a virus is the realistic threshold to say its under control?

Somehow it doesn't seem like it. It seems more like he wants to sell more vaccines and is using his influence to do so.
I'm going to go waaaaaay out on a limb here and say I highly doubt Dr. Fauci is a member of the board of one of these pharmaceutical companies that have developed vaccines.

I'm guessing he's 'pushing the vaccines' to prevent more people from catching the bug. It's kind of his job.

I'm going to go waaaaaay out on a limb here and say I highly doubt Dr. Fauci is a member of the board of one of these pharmaceutical companies that have developed vaccines.

I'm guessing he's 'pushing the vaccines' to prevent more people from catching the bug. It's kind of his job.
Ignoring the 1% number, huh?

Crazy, you have no f*king clue what you're talking about.

It's WAY PAST TIME to give it up.
It's simple math. Yes I know what I'm talking about. When only 1 in 10 can carry it and only 1 in 10 can catch it, thats a 1% chance of transmission. If we needed that level of herd immunity then we should have seen a hell of a lot more cases after a year because this thing would be insanely infectious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT