ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting inflation with… inflation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28321
  • Start date
LOL.

How many trillions of dollars have been flooded into our markets to keep business artificially floating? The dinky amounts to normal citizens aren't the cause of inflation, the trillions sitting in cash reserves of huge corporations and not "trickling down" are.

LOL.

How many trillions of dollars have been flooded into our markets to keep business artificially floating? The dinky amounts to normal citizens aren't the cause of inflation, the trillions sitting in cash reserves of huge corporations and not "trickling down" are.
“Inflation is not due to my prized politicians’ (who I love) printing money and giving it away, it’s caused my evil corporations (whom I loath) for hoarding trillions of dollars.”

- @chemmie
Child Groomer, Democratic Party Apologist, and Part Time Economist

“Inflation is not due to my prized politicians’ (who I love) printing money and giving it away, it’s caused my evil corporations (whom I loath) for hoarding trillions of dollars.”

- @chemmie
Child Groomer, Democratic Party Apologist, and Part Time Economist
Actually, it would be due to both of those reasons combined, and both parties of politicians are guilty.

Try again, Copernicus.

Calling people groomers completely unwarranted is a great way to have rational people disregard everything else you have to say.
That makes sense to me.

Here, it’s warranted, but thanks anyway for the etiquette refresh.

Interesting you don’t do that for the people whose opinion you share, but, hey, why let bias get in the way of a good passive aggressive insult. Amiright?

Actually, it would be due to both of those reasons combined, and both parties of politicians are guilty.

Try again, Copernicus.
The Executive branch can't do any "spending' without the legislative branch. One one has access to the treasury.

That makes sense to me.

Here, it’s warranted, but thanks anyway for the etiquette refresh.

Interesting you don’t do that for the people whose opinion you share, but, hey, why let bias get in the way of a good passive aggressive insult. Amiright?

show me an equivalent statement in this thread.

The Executive branch can't do any "spending' without the legislative branch. One one has access to the treasury.
And neither branch have anything to do with the Federal Reserve handing out trillions of dollars for the last 20 years.

this is actually the first time I’ve said it anywhere. Not as a defense of anybody.
Not a defense? The entire point is to deflect the horrific policy decisions of the person(s) telling Joe Biden what to do and justifying America’s inflation by pointing out that other country’s have inflation.

Serious question: if that was not your point, what was it? Not arguing - just probing to get your thoughts.

Reactions: Robert0122
you realize inflation is happening at the same (or higher) levels everywhere else too, right?
Yes, largely a consequence of central banks and their governments who can’t please political demands without stealing via inflation/money supply manipulation. We live in a world of fiat and everyone is going to manipulate their currency to meet their own needs. I wasn’t making a dig at any particular party, they both spend like crazy and fail to grasp basic laws of economics. That being said, the combination of this administration and fed era is one of not facing the economic truth. It’s become too political. QE to the moon is going to create misery long term.

Not a defense? The entire point is to deflect the horrific policy decisions of the person(s) telling Joe Biden what to do and justifying America’s inflation by pointing out that other country’s have inflation.

Serious question: if that was not your point, what was it? Not arguing - just probing to get your thoughts.

nah I’m good.

It really isn’t that hard but they’d rather hire economists who never worked a day in the private sector and advisors who check quota boxes. This isn’t about polls, it’s what happens when you spend recklessly and dump trillions into the money supply. The fed and their monetary policy is largely to blame for the increase in inequality.

There is absolutely ZERO accountability in Washington in regard to fiscal responsibility. It’s ok to rob trillions of dollars from people, just get mad about a police killing, court ruling or stories from the border. Unfortunately, they don’t want to teach people about money and how it works in the public education system.

Anyone with half an economic understanding knew this covid relief bill would create monetary inflation. They wanted people to believe it was transitory. One of these straws will break the camels back. It’s been 40+ years in the making.

There is absolutely ZERO accountability in Washington in regard to fiscal responsibility. It’s ok to rob trillions of dollars from people, just get mad about a police killing, court ruling or stories from the border. Unfortunately, they don’t want to teach people about money and how it works in the public education system.

Anyone with half an economic understanding knew this covid relief bill would create monetary inflation. They wanted people to believe it was transitory. One of these straws will break the camels back. It’s been 40+ years in the making.
For years you would hear " they are kicking the can down the road". You don’t hear that phrase anymore because we hit the end of the road and unfortunately it is time to pay for it.

Last edited:
For years you would here " they are kicking the can down the road". You don’t hear that phrase anymore because we hit the end of the road and unfortunately it is time to pay for it.
while I agree with you, I wouldn't bet on us not being able to kick the can any farther.

How the hell else is JP Morgan and their $1.4 Trillion cash reserves gonna keep their stock up???

Those complaining about the tiny amounts sent directly to citizens literally crack me up. The Payroll Protection Plan (PPP) and the Employee Tax Retention (ERT) programs that were handed out to business gave billions to the richest segment of our population. These funds didn’t even have to reported as business income. It was straight profit to business owners.

I guess it’s only bad if relief actually goes to those that need it, huh???

Last edited:
What’s funny to me is the tax breaks, easy money, and near unlimited pumping businesses have enjoyed for decades not being a problem. But the one time individuals get a decent sized check in the midst of a global pandemic, that was the thing that caused all the issues.

Not supply chains/logistics operations running on duct tape and bubblegum, not warehousing being run at the bare minimum possible (just in time), not workers being squeezed for as much as possible with a few exceptions and the long term short staffing in those areas as a result. But it was $1400/person from one admin and $600/person from another plus a child tax credit one year extension for those in the middle/lower economic classes. That was the main culprit.

What’s funny to me is the tax breaks, easy money, and near unlimited pumping businesses have enjoyed for decades not being a problem. But the one time individuals get a decent sized check in the midst of a global pandemic, that was the thing that caused all the issues.

Not supply chains/logistics operations running on duct tape and bubblegum, not warehousing being run at the bare minimum possible (just in time), not workers being squeezed for as much as possible with a few exceptions and the long term short staffing in those areas as a result. But it was $1400/person from one admin and $600/person from another plus a child tax credit one year extension for those in the middle/lower economic classes. That was the main culprit.
Gotta keep us all fighting with each other while the real robbery happens in plain view.

Do you believe that Joe Biden caused inflation?

Joe Biden is giving California an inflation stimulus check? California is the countries largest economy and had a $31 billion surplus last year. Inflation, as we have seen, lags actual stimulus. They are probably banking on negligible effect seen 18-24 months from now when national inflation and gas prices will be lower.

Reactions: FRIGHTKNIGHT
I thought this was a joke when I first heard this. If the govt wants to give me 2K for my wife and I to go on a mini vacation or put away incase of any increases for 1st year BigXII season tickets then sure why the hell not. Im actually saving more money during this high inflationary period as we are being a lot more disciplined with our budget. Maybe im the poster child double income of why the recession is coming/here.

The lower and middle class are eating this shit up. If California passes im sure other states would follow. We are a country of instant gratification and throwing additional money to shut people up for just long enough seems to be what's going on. I feel like my core team I work with at my job and the 5-6 departments we interact with could do a better job navigating post covid. It just baffles me people didn't see this coming.

a673c570a54f92514660946be26e0f4a48ad52f29ce6506ebbd5da708fdf33e8_1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT