ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting inflation with… inflation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28321
  • Start date
California’s constitution requires that they can only keep a certain amount of budget surplus and the rest they have to give back to taxpayers. They reportedly have a $97 billion surplus this year (or roughly $2500 per resident) so that is likely why you are seeing these payments. If they had called this a tax break the GOP would eat it up. Rookie mistake.

Did most of you miss that this is a California only thing? Has nothing to do with Biden or the fed.

Do you believe that Joe Biden caused inflation?
I don’t think Joe Biden caused anything, other than that farting noise and bathroom smell when he crapped his pants during his meeting with the Pope about a year ago.

Some inflation is nature. The unnatural spike in inflation is absolutely caused by the people who run the Biden Presidency and Administration.

Reactions: Tony791314
I don’t think Joe Biden caused anything, other than that farting noise and bathroom smell when he crapped his pants during his meeting with the Pope about a year ago.

Some inflation is nature. The unnatural spike in inflation is absolutely caused by the people who run the Biden Presidency and Administration.
So the Biden administration created inflation in a year?

Joe Biden is giving California an inflation stimulus check? California is the countries largest economy and had a $31 billion surplus last year. Inflation, as we have seen, lags actual stimulus. They are probably banking on negligible effect seen 18-24 months from now when national inflation and gas prices will be lower.
I know you like to cherry-pick stats. But honest with yourself and others and share the rest of the findings re the deficit.

Republicans causing inflation again by wanting to give people back money after they were overtaxed.

6-C270-E8-A-7306-4-CD1-A69-B-E130-D3-C6-A641.jpg

/thread

Reactions: FRIGHTKNIGHT
It really is crazy to watch the same people, year after year, go at it, and then never change a viewpoint.
Yep, and continually come to a sports message board to post this crap!

Last edited:
I'll admit I've shifted a few of my economic viewpoints slightly rightward after reading thoughtful discussion in soms of these threads over the years. I guess it conveniently coincides with my tax payments getting larger, like a lot of people.

That said, it is amazing the amount of hardcore back and forth political banter that runs here. Like man some of you guys need to meet up @ Pollo and settle your differences.

Reactions: Tony791314
California’s constitution requires that they can only keep a certain amount of budget surplus and the rest they have to give back to taxpayers. They reportedly have a $97 billion surplus this year (or roughly $2500 per resident) so that is likely why you are seeing these payments. If they had called this a tax break the GOP would eat it up. Rookie mistake.
I believe Cali is $100+ billion in debt.

They should lower taxes. This is essentially just wealth distribution.

I'll admit I've shifted a few of my economic viewpoints slightly rightward after reading thoughtful discussion in soms of these threads over the years. I guess it conveniently coincides with my tax payments getting larger, like a lot of people.

That said, it is amazing the amount of hardcore back and forth political banter that runs here. Like man some of you guys need to meet up @ Pollo and settle your differences.
I'm trying to get a pay per view @Pollo with @UCFKnight85 vs @chemmie with an undercard of @Bob the Citronaut vs @Jaredf29 There is a lot NIL money on the table here.

Reactions: RoverKnight
Surplus implies something good but it’s not bc it was taken from people by way of overtaxation in the first place.*

I believe Cali is $100+ billion in debt.

They should lower taxes. This is essentially just wealth distribution.
Chevron is selling their 100 acre Global Headquater Campus in the Bay Area and will be moving thousands of employees to Houston. (They will keep some workers in CA).

Chevron will pay all moving costs for those wanting to keep their positions in TX.

Reactions: Robert0122
I travel a bit to CA after I bought a company that was based there. I moved the corporation out of CA to FL but still have some manufacturing there. The previous owners all left CA which is a common theme. Everyone I talk with out there hates the political situation it seems. Mind you, I’m meeting with people who work and take pride in what they do. So most find redistribution appalling. Last time I was out there, LA county was holding their lottery for UBI. It’s a shame what has happened to that state, such a beautiful place.

The homeless situation is intense out there. I’m not super versed in the CA political environment but I know they state is a pain in the ass to conduct commerce in. Pretty much every issue the progressives complain about exist more in CA than they do in other states. It seems like a great place to live if you are very very rich.

We’ve fallen so far political topics don’t even get an OT tag. There’s also a whole ass political thread that’s pinned btw.

We’ve fallen so far political topics don’t even get an OT tag. There’s also a whole ass political thread that’s pinned btw.
Economics*

Anything can be turned political. We’ve got housing market threads, covid, business, elon musk, guns, transgender, etc. lately. Spare me the “future of NIL prediction” threads that get started every other day.

The ignorant thing about California’s surplus is the same thing that contributed the most to the surplus will lead to a deficit next year. Maybe they should plan for that?

Did most of you miss that this is a California only thing? Has nothing to do with Biden or the fed.
California is the Progressive standard, and 40% of the GDP. The Progressive leadership literally looks to the state, and it really boggles my mind how bass-ackwards they are on everything from the economy to the environment.

Do you literally not know California history?!
He seemingly doesn't know much, other than to throw thoughtless insults out to people he doesn't know behind the veil of anonymity on a UCF message board. I've not seen many posts with original thought or content unfortunately; his entire posting career belongs in the parking lot 😁👍 ...I hope someday he surprises us and proves me wrong by sharing a post with actual information

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
LOL.

How many trillions of dollars have been flooded into our markets to keep business artificially floating? The dinky amounts to normal citizens aren't the cause of inflation, the trillions sitting in cash reserves of huge corporations and not "trickling down" are.
Here is another way to look at it. Infusion of trillions in cash into the economy increases the money supply thus reducing the vale of said cash. As you seem to understand it companies hoarding the cash are the problem but if they are hoarding the cash it's technically not in circulation. If it's not in circulation then how can it dilute the value of the money in your pocket ? It can't. If the government gave me a $2,000 and I sit on it and I sit on it for a decade that money technically was spent by the government but it's not available to anyone it's just a number on their ledger .

The problem we are facing is 100% the result of government action from COVID until now. COVID empowered through fairy dust and fear for government to define some businesses as essential and the rest nonessential and as such they ruined the lives of millions by closing down businesses out of fear not science . Magically you couldn't catch COVID at Walmart but you would say shopping in my store .

Then government says well we have to help everyone out and we will do COVID relief and stimulus. Everyone now gets $600 a week plus 100% unemployment . This lasted 18 months. At the sane time government tells landlords and banks you must defer taking rent and allow those who want to defer mortgage payments to do so. These actions infused a lot of cash into the hands of people directly. Imagine getting free $2,400 a month and at the same time not having to pay $1,200 or $3,00 a month in rent ? That's potentially a $5,000 swing for a lot of people.

The.n you had another round of stimulus last spring coupled with energy policy to reduce oil and gas supplies with increased permitting , regulatory delays coupled with reduced. Access to the resources . These moves were all done by a stroke of the pen and we saw gas prices and diesel prices tick up within days of signing executive orders.

Everything you buy right here right now is trucked or the supply chain of it touched by a truck. Trucks run on diesel . Those costs are passed onto the end user of the product which are ultimately passed onto you and I . When my shipping costs goes up or wholesale supply goes up I raise prices . Energy costs are a huge driver of product inflation. Fuel costs have doubled to tripled and businesses are not going to eat those costs. We are.

So, from where I sit inflation we have today is from bad fiscal policy of both Trump and Biden, bad COVID policy of shutting the country down and bad energy policy creating the perfect storm we are all facing today . I am sorry Chemmie my friend ,Amazon or who ever sitting on cash is not the reason a gallon of milk has gone from $1.79 a gallon a year and half ago to $3.79 at Publix or $5.89 at my local IGA. It's not the reason chicken wings are expensive or steak is through the roof or any other food prices going up. It's the price of energy for shipping it and the lights and refrigeration costs and then factor in labor issues employers are force to pay a lot more post COVID for labor than precovid . All those costs flow to us the consumer.

Here is another way to look at it. Infusion of trillions in cash into the economy increases the money supply thus reducing the vale of said cash. As you seem to understand it companies hoarding the cash are the problem but if they are hoarding the cash it's technically not in circulation. If it's not in circulation then how can it dilute the value of the money in your pocket ? It can't. If the government gave me a $2,000 and I sit on it and I sit on it for a decade that money technically was spent by the government but it's not available to anyone it's just a number on their ledger .

The problem we are facing is 100% the result of government action from COVID until now. COVID empowered through fairy dust and fear for government to define some businesses as essential and the rest nonessential and as such they ruined the lives of millions by closing down businesses out of fear not science . Magically you couldn't catch COVID at Walmart but you would say shopping in my store .

Then government says well we have to help everyone out and we will do COVID relief and stimulus. Everyone now gets $600 a week plus 100% unemployment . This lasted 18 months. At the sane time government tells landlords and banks you must defer taking rent and allow those who want to defer mortgage payments to do so. These actions infused a lot of cash into the hands of people directly. Imagine getting free $2,400 a month and at the same time not having to pay $1,200 or $3,00 a month in rent ? That's potentially a $5,000 swing for a lot of people.

The.n you had another round of stimulus last spring coupled with energy policy to reduce oil and gas supplies with increased permitting , regulatory delays coupled with reduced. Access to the resources . These moves were all done by a stroke of the pen and we saw gas prices and diesel prices tick up within days of signing executive orders.

Everything you buy right here right now is trucked or the supply chain of it touched by a truck. Trucks run on diesel . Those costs are passed onto the end user of the product which are ultimately passed onto you and I . When my shipping costs goes up or wholesale supply goes up I raise prices . Energy costs are a huge driver of product inflation. Fuel costs have doubled to tripled and businesses are not going to eat those costs. We are.

So, from where I sit inflation we have today is from bad fiscal policy of both Trump and Biden, bad COVID policy of shutting the country down and bad energy policy creating the perfect storm we are all facing today . I am sorry Chemmie my friend ,Amazon or who ever sitting on cash is not the reason a gallon of milk has gone from $1.79 a gallon a year and half ago to $3.79 at Publix or $5.89 at my local IGA. It's not the reason chicken wings are expensive or steak is through the roof or any other food prices going up. It's the price of energy for shipping it and the lights and refrigeration costs and then factor in labor issues employers are force to pay a lot more post COVID for labor than precovid . All those costs flow to us the consumer.
Some of what you wrote is correct.
A lot of what you wrote is just flat-out wrong. So much, that I can't approach it without writing a novel, which I have no desire to do.

The poor fiscal policy goes back before Nixon, not just Trump and Biden or even Obama and Bush, too.

Reactions: DaShuckster
... The problem we are facing is 100% the result of government action from COVID until now. COVID empowered through fairy dust and fear for government to define some businesses as essential and the rest nonessential and as such they ruined the lives of millions by closing down businesses out of fear not science . Magically you couldn't catch COVID at Walmart but you would say shopping in my store ....
^^^ Forget it. They don't get it. And they just destroyed many small businesses.

And if you say it only saved 5% more lives, they think it's better to save 50,000 lives, over 85% of them over 65, than destroy 50M livelihoods ... especially with the wealth shift to the entities they allegedly are 'evil corporations.' But then again, they're not evil ... because they mainly donate to the DNC.

It says a lot about the US right now that enough people are defending this. It just does.

Last edited:

I will say that money has potential though. If all of the hoarded money hit the market at once, we’d see the supply chains crash and massive inflation. Pretty much what is happening now from COVID policies here and in China but on a bigger scale. The government could go Venezuela and seize that money or find a way to tax it (or maybe ESG-score penalties?) but those actions cause very severe reactions. Or they could find some way to level the playing field and find a way to make producing things in this country competitive with the global market and solve a bunch of issues. Of course, this admin has gone in the direction of making Chinese production more attractive so I can’t see that happening.

Biden just dropped the mic that he is now saving you money for fuel. Even worse if you look over the graphic for a while to notice something off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT