ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Gus, fire the OC, and anyone who went to this game don’t come back.

25 point lead in the 4th quarter, with a team that is top in the nation in rushing against a team that has trouble stopping the rush. Doesn't matter if you recruit 5 stars for every position, you should be able to have a game plan that can close out a game with a huge lead even with FCS talent.

Dude you better be watching the rest of the season. I’m pissed and not happy with the coaching. But as a fan you stick with them no matter what even during frustrating times
Been sticking with this team way too long. Will not invest anymore time into this soft team

Been sticking with this team way too long. Will not invest anymore time into this soft team
Too long ??? they have had a bunch of winning season lately. Unless you’re Alabama and Clemson. You have up and down years. This seasons not over yet. But something needs to happen with the play calling and coaching (I want to see a coach on the sideline light a fire) l

Reactions: U C to the F
Too long ??? they have had a bunch of winning season lately. Unless you’re Alabama and Clemson. You have up and down years. This seasons not over yet. But something needs to happen with the play calling and coaching (I want to see a coach on the sideline light a fire) l
Mark my words, the season is over. The locker room will be toxic and we will be lucky to be bowl eligible. This team doesntbhave a winning mindset

Reactions: vroomba
So by OC, you mean Gus? His fingerprints are all over the second half.
whichever OC as you think, but if you unhinged yourself enough to read what I said is we had the plays and the wild knight rb and the backup qb couldn’t deliver. Take away that terrible wild knight snap fumble for a TD and we win. On Gus, or whatever OC? Backup Qb not up to snuff, on OC or Gus? Get a grip bro.

Mark my words, the season is over. The locker room will be toxic and we will be lucky to be bowl eligible. This team doesntbhave a winning mindset
Lockeroom has been toxic since Malzahn has came in. Team captains transferring after the end of the season the past couple years.

Honestly I thought this was the most important game of the season going in. Win and you prove last week was a tough road game that we just couldn't hang with, and .500 in conference is attainable. Lose and this becomes a trend with a bad loss against a struggling Baylor, plus you see 0-2 in conference play for the first time in a long time. All ripe for an internal team mess.

Reactions: Yaes
this was prob the worst loss I’ve ever seen by UCF. But we are playing up in the Big12, with a backup qb who is quite over his head at the moment. We should have won both Big12 games past 2 weeks, but player errors prohibited it.

Sleep it off, these statements are extreme.

You guys think when Hinshaw and Gus go to a restaurant and Hinshaw is about to order what he wants, Gus butts in and tells the waiter what to give Hinshaw instead?

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
If memory serves me Gus hired Hinshaw and said he was the second coming.I

Honestly I thought this was the most important game of the season going in. Win and you prove last week was a tough road game that we just couldn't hang with, and .500 in conference is attainable. Lose and this becomes a trend with a bad loss against a struggling Baylor, plus you see 0-2 in conference play for the first time in a long time. All ripe for an internal team mess.
We have Kansas next week. Although they lost today, they're still a good team and it's an away game for us. Lets see how we respond next week before we call the season a wash. Never give up the ship.

this was prob the worst loss I’ve ever seen by UCF. But we are playing up in the Big12, with a backup qb who is quite over his head at the moment. We should have won both Big12 games past 2 weeks, but player errors prohibited it.

Sleep it off, these statements are extreme.
Not really. We havent proven otherwise

Started playing not to lose instead of playing to win in the 3rd quarter. Should never let up
Absolutely! Why would coaches believe we could run out the clock by just running the football? The passing game was working why abandon it until 3rd down? Made no sense to be. Keep doing what's working for you until it doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight59
I’m not convinced Gus is letting him call the plays. So much of tonight had the feel of a Gus-called play.
Watch Gus’ postgame. He admits he’s calling the same plays that he used while coaching High School. Hinshaw isn’t calling plays.

• Sad
Reactions: Knight59
yup, the only difference was a loser program in USF couldn't complete the comeback while baylor had just enough to do it. new conference, new opponent, new DC, new "OC", but gus is the common denominator in both games.
Also concerning is losing games like this at home. Losing to navy at home. Blowing a lead at home. Just piss poor all around

Also concerning is losing games like this at home. Losing to navy at home. Blowing a lead at home. Just piss poor all around
D depth is responsible for both. That was Heupel's even bigger problem. Don't forget that.

Heupel was made to use Shannon as DC. Shannon sucked I’m sure you know. That’s on White.
Had little to do with Shannon. Seriously. And his problems continue to follow him too. But even worse for us, Heupel couldn't recruit the G5.

Heupel didn't even want Gabriel until Milton went down. Stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT