ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE Terry Mohajir NOW!!!

The biggest problem with Gus is that he isn't capable of putting this team in a position to compete for conference championships. Why? Because he refuses to install a 21st-century offense. His one-dimensional, 80% run/20% pass game plan is way too easy to defend in 2024. You need to be able to outscore the other team and over the course of 12 games (with a few anomalies thrown in) we aren't going to be able to do that. Once Big 12 opponents saw we weren't going to throw the ball this season we were toast. I doubt we win another game this year.

I agree this year is not good. But analysis of the next moves are to be looked at strongly before making them. U don’t blow everything up with knowing ur next move imo.

Btw I think Gus is limited and bringing in KJ destroyed this season
What a BAD BAD decision that was by Gus. I didn't see the skill in KJ at the spring game this year. I was wondering what the hype was.

The truth is we had equal to or better talent and were outcoached. Malzahn and his assistants have not coached up this team. It's the reason we are 3-3 and headed south....and right now Malzahn is clueless.
Totally out coached. Frost was creative enough with speed (players and no huddle) to get us ahead (even with a not so good defense). Frost was VERY creative with play calling! I loved it. And look at the QBs Frost brought in! Milton, Dillon.

The biggest problem with Gus is that he isn't capable of putting this team in a position to compete for conference championships. Why? Because he refuses to install a 21st-century offense. His one-dimensional, 80% run/20% pass game plan is way too easy to defend in 2024. You need to be able to outscore the other team and over the course of 12 games (with a few anomalies thrown in) we aren't going to be able to do that. Once Big 12 opponents saw we weren't going to throw the ball this season we were toast. I doubt we win another game this year.
Every postgame interview with the opposing coach said “we knew if we slowed down the run we WOULD WIN!” When asked if they saw what they were expecting from a Gus Malzahn offense, they ALL smirk and said “yes, we saw exactly what we were expecting.”

Gus literally runs the same high school offense he started his career with.

You honestly think that our roster should be more talented than Florida or Colorado at this point?
Yes, I do. You change quarterbacks with Colorado. we change Gus for the offensive coordinator at Colorado it is a BIG upgrade. We win by about 7 touchdowns. Running back room is much better than Colorado. The problem is that Gus brought in a fullback to become quarterback. There are many reasons for that as he cannot even distinguish between a fullback and quarterback, and his coaching quarterback is horrid. Coaching goes beyond the game day. Our defensive backs are not even that bad. The problem is the coaching in the defensive backfield and teaching the proper techniques is limited with our staff. The o
line the same.

I have faith in our players to an extent, quarterback not included, a heck of a lot more than I do those coaching them.
Gus has been given every accommodation from the administration to succeed. It all lays on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT