ADVERTISEMENT

Foo Fighters

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Never been a huge fan but always dug a lot of their stuff. Took the family last week to Tampa as they are all huge fans and I'll tell you what, they kicked ass. Never realized how great their songs come off live. One of the best shows I've seen from anyone not named Rush.

and btw, way better than Ghost live.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I've never been lucky enough to go to their show live, but I bet it would be amazing. I'm jealous. What venue were they in?

Foo Fighters is one of the few big mainstream acts still touting the cause of pure rock n roll. They rock.

Reactions: crambone
I liken them to AC/DC. Not technically the most proficient band out there but they write great vocal melodies and catchy riffs. You can argue that most of their songs sound the same but they still pull it off.

I could do without a couple of covers they did. They could have fit in more of their own songs. They also jammed/broke down too many times during the night for my taste but it didn't take it away from the awesomeness. Btw, Youtube the Imagine/Jump mash up they did. Pretty funny.

They are one of the few bands that sound as good or better live than on their albums. In that same genre about the only other band that's like that is Korn.

The comment about Ghost is funny, because Dave Grohl played drums for a few Ghost songs at one point.

Foo Fighters are really the last great American rock band. A throwback to the arena rock era. They are really the only one left.

Neil Peart, John Bonham and Keith Moon could play drums for Ghost and they'd still be boring live. Although I kinda dig the new song, Rats.

So the Mrs and I went to Boston for our bdays to see them in Fenway. Amazing once again. Even brought out Joe Walsh to play Rocky Mtn Way. They have a new fan in me. Do not miss the chance to see them live.

Not FF related but I was just looking at Metallica tour dates- those guys are incredible. They started a worldwide tour back in 2016 and haven't really stopped. They're were just overseas again and in September they're re-starting a N AMerica tour leg that takes them through March 2019.

That's effectively 3 years+ of touring.

Not FF related but I was just looking at Metallica tour dates- those guys are incredible. They started a worldwide tour back in 2016 and haven't really stopped. They're were just overseas again and in September they're re-starting a N AMerica tour leg that takes them through March 2019.

That's effectively 3 years+ of touring.

I saw them in 96 at Lollapalooza. Almost every song on their set was from their 80s albums, which was more than a pleasant surprise. I dont know that I would see them today because it sounds like they only play a couple of songs from RTL and thats it from the pre Black album days.

FWIW, I saw primus last month and would highly recommend it. Sound exactly the same as they did in the 90s.

The only way bands can earn a living any more. It's too bad.

That's just the thing though, Metallica definitely doesn't need the money or prove anything at this point. Yet they're still spending 3 years circling the globe and playing hundreds of shows.

I've watched video of their performances over the past few months and they sound great. Hetfield's voice is 80's-esque on most of the older songs and Kirk Hammett is finally practicing again. They sound really tight.

The only pet peeve is that they've only played Spit Out the Bone a few times live. I have no idea why since it's their best song in years and not really any faster than Battery (which they play all the time). It was rumored Lars couldn't keep up with the speed for that long but meh.

I just watched this and it’s increeible. This is from May of this year and yet Metallica sounds like its 1991. Unreal they’re doing this at their age.

Meanwhile Dave Mustiane can barely sing

I just watched this and it’s increeible. This is from May of this year and yet Metallica sounds like its 1991. Unreal they’re doing this at their age.

Meanwhile Dave Mustiane can barely sing

I saw Metallica twice in the 90’s . Identical sound pretty much . They are so good live . I think they’ve always spent so much time on stage playing on front of fans they just keep getting tighter and tighter

I saw Metallica twice in the 90’s . Identical sound pretty much . They are so good live . I think they’ve always spent so much time on stage playing on front of fans they just keep getting tighter and tighter

They got real sloppy between St Anger and Death Magnetic. They had trouble with the older stuff since Lars was too slow and sloppy, Kirk was butchering solos, and James had throat issues.

I think they started recommitting to practicing more when they made Hardwired. They’ve sounded so on point ever since starting touring in 2016.

They got real sloppy between St Anger and Death Magnetic. They had trouble with the older stuff since Lars was too slow and sloppy, Kirk was butchering solos, and James had throat issues.

I think they started recommitting to practicing more when they made Hardwired. They’ve sounded so on point ever since starting touring in 2016.
85 is a Metalica superfan of course.

Metallica hasn't made a decent record in over 25 years.

...and 311 never toured with Metallica and Guns n Roses. That was Faith No More.

Metallica is hyper aggressive shitlord music. You're a hyper aggressive shitlord.

Lol! So what are beta pansy asses like you listening to?

This is all so hilarious considering that Chemmie used to claim to be a fan of pre-1990 Metallica (before his balls fell off), which as easily considered their most “aggressive” era. Yet you fellate Chemmie for every post he gives here.

Lol! So what are beta pansy asses like you listening to?

This is all so hilarious considering that Chemmie used to claim to be a fan of pre-1990 Metallica (before his balls fell off), which as easily considered their most “aggressive” era. Yet you fellate Chemmie for every post he gives here.
I haven't listened to Metallica since you were in diapers, Meathead. They are the only band in history who managed to get so shitty that it actually tainted their back catalog.
...and we all know you and your frat bros love you some Slipknot. Gotta get out your aggression eh, Meathead?

Reactions: Crazyhole
I haven't listened to Metallica since you were in diapers, Meathead. They are the only band in history who managed to get so shitty that it actually tainted their back catalog.
...and we all know you and your frat bros love you some Slipknot. Gotta get out your aggression eh, Meathead?

Hypocrite alert!

Don’t I recall you claiming that I was “soft” with my music choices becuase I didn’t listen to Dying Fetus? A band you routinely blew in the past?

Seems to me anyone with an aggression problem would be the person listening to Dying Fetus (who positively sucks by the way)

Dying Fetus is in Orlando this fall. Will Chemmie be there?

Laughing at the fact that this thread started as a discussion about Foo Fighters in concert ..... and now ..... well .... it has deteriorated.

Hypocrite alert!

Don’t I recall you claiming that I was “soft” with my music choices becuase I didn’t listen to Dying Fetus? A band you routinely blew in the past?

Seems to me anyone with an aggression problem would be the person listening to Dying Fetus (who positively sucks by the way)
There is a big difference between death metal and bro-rock, Brochacho.

There is a big difference between death metal and bro-rock, Brochacho.

You’re right. Death metal is for people who sit in their rooms alone while staring at “life is agony” poster on the wall.

Metallica is the best thrash band ever but you go for the faux cool angle by bashing them. Yawn.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
You’re right. Death metal is for people who sit in their rooms alone while staring at “life is agony” poster on the wall.

Metallica is the best thrash band ever but you go for the faux cool angle by bashing them. Yawn.
How old were you when you started liking Metallica

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT