ADVERTISEMENT

Football Excellence Fund - Not Just For Big Donors

Square Knight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This article posted on UCFKnights.com focuses on high level UCFAA folks trying to attract big name donors.
http://ucfknights.com/news/2017/10/17/football-excellence-fund-campaign.aspx

But UCF also has a set up where UCF fans and alumni with more normal budgets can contribute. This is where UCF needs to demonstrate the power of its huge Alumni population. It's time to blow the lid off of this campaign! Everyone needs to set up a monthly contribution, even if all you can afford is a small amount. Then share the opportunity with UCF fans/friends/alumni via FB, Twitter, etc.

Go to this UCF Foundation website and make a monthly gift to the football fund.
https://www.ucffoundation.org/donation-everyday-champions
https://www.ucffoundation.org/donation-everyday-champions
Indicate your "Other Amount" at the bottom of the dollar level options. Right below that select UCF Football Fund from the drop down box, and then right below that indicate recurring gift.

UCF has over 260,000 alumni and over 100,000 of them live in Central Florida. Using the power of social media for crowdfunding, if we can get just 10,000 of them to support at $10 per month, that's $1.2 million per year. Your $10 combined with others can make a huge difference!

FYI...I am not suggesting limiting the amount to $10 per month. If you can afford and are comfortable with more, join the people who (in less than 24 hours after the campaign was officially announced) have joined in at levels ranging from $10 per month to over $50 per month.

this is when it would help for Alumni w large social media followings to link this if they care enough

I have a question, do the new license plates go to athletics or academics?

Fees from the UCF license plates are not for athletics...but it is a great way to promote UCF for a very low cost. The more the UCF logo is seen on UCF plates, magnets and window decals the more it creates a positive vibe toward the university and it's athletic programs.

The fees go the university where at UCF they are used mostly for scholarships (including a fund for first generation college students).

Reactions: 2DogKnight
this is when it would help for Alumni w large social media followings to link this if they care enough

Well, we can always tweet the info to Daniel Tosh (and others) to let them know about it. [cheers]

Getting high reach like that wold be great.

But let's remember back to the Boston College game in Sept 2011 (the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks). ONE person came up with the red bandana idea to honor the former BC athlete who saved so many people on 9/11. She shared the idea and it blew up on social media because individuals shared/retweeted both in general and addressed to specific friends.

Here's my brainstorm. If somebody on campus set up a table in the Student Union taking donations in a jar .... that's on every local TV channel by the evening news that night. If any of the football players got filmed dropping their lunch money in the jar ... national news and ESPN.

Good Luck.

Nebraska's season ticket "Donations" Chart

2013_projected_levels.jpg

Good Luck.

2013_projected_levels.jpg

Coach Frost has committed his support: “I’m very excited about the success we’ve had in our time here and I’m committed to helping this program continue growing. I’m happy to be part of the UCF Football Excellence Fund. We need more resources to keep taking this program where we want it to go. I’m hopeful my support will be a catalyst for others to jump on board and take part.”

This has nothing to do with UCF season ticket donations to the athletic department. This is above and beyond fund to "be used to pay Frost and his staff of highly respected assistant coaches........Taking care of his assistant coaches is so important to Frost that he is personally donating some of his own money to the Football Excellence Fund". Now that really sounds like a coach looking for another job. [jumpingsmile]

Reactions: Mikesi
I feel kind of weird donating to people who already have higher salaries than me lol. If it was like an upgrade to the stadium I would donate. I’ll just keep supporting by buying tickets and let you fat cats do the rest :)

I feel kind of weird donating to people who already have higher salaries than me lol. If it was like an upgrade to the stadium I would donate. I’ll just keep supporting by buying tickets and let you fat cats do the rest :)

I feel the same way. However did those people bring you enjoyment recently? Would you like more enjoyment? #handitover

I understand. It's not like giving to a church or charity. Everyone is different

I look as it that it's my passion and I'm going to spend money on what's going to make my life happy. You only live one life and I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

I understand. It's not like giving to a church or charity. Everyone is different

I look as it that it's my passion and I'm going to spend money on what's going to make my life happy. You only live one life and I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
I view it as "if UCF sucked and went 0-12 what would I pay for them to magically two years later be in a three way race for an NY6 bowl game"? And then that's what I give

I just pictured Scott Frost hanging me upside down by my ankles shaking all my loose change out.
Shake away frost, it's either another year+ of joy from frost football, for the cost of a few less beers of the course of the year, or i go ahead and get those few beers that have the buzz leave in an hour? Its not much in reality for the amount of time and effort we invest into UCF football and making sure our future is bright.

Do you pay to go to concerts, pay for music, do you own an apple or Android phone, use Amazon? All richer that you, but you pay.

Kind of different. Something more similar would be like Taylor swift saying, I’m not making anymore music until I get a donation and getting nothing directly in return. You’ll still pay for the music anyway. I understand people willing to donate, I guess I’m not that rich lol. But like I said if it was for like a stadium upgrade, I would donate in a heart beat.

Also I’d like to point out I have no problem with this just putting in my two cents

Reactions: Mikesi
Kind of different. Something more similar would be like Taylor swift saying, I’m not making anymore music until I get a donation and getting nothing directly in return. You’ll still pay for the music anyway. I understand people willing to donate, I guess I’m not that rich lol. But like I said if it was for like a stadium upgrade, I would donate in a heart beat.

Also I’d like to point out I have no problem with this just putting in my two cents
You know they are also raising money for stadium upgrades? Multiple stadiums that is

Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT