ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

Not news about this cycle but last. Christian Beard, 2 star CC transfer OL from 2016 class is moving back home to TX. Frees up another scholly?

Not news about this cycle but last. Christian Beard, 2 star CC transfer OL from 2016 class is moving back home to TX. Frees up another scholly?

One of the main reasons why Frost brought in a JUCO Head Coach like Held was all of his JUCO contacts...but unfortunately all of the JUCO signees last year didn't pan out.

Believe all 4 JUCO's signed last year are not with the UCF Program as some never even made it to campus:

DL Joe Sanders
DL Josh Odigie
DL Chris Mulumba
OL Christian Beard

That's a huge epic fail....as 20% of your entire class and ALL of your JUCO signees never helped your program for even 1 play...let alone a season.

I hope those percentages go WAY up in this year's class.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I thought Beard was a commit from GOL's staff that was hurt for a full year? Either way Beard could never stay healthy.

And KL you're wrong on Odigie, he did make it On Campus. He just didn't see playing time yet. Way too early to say 'he didn't pan out'. He'll probably be on the 2 deep this Fall.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons why Frost brought in a JUCO Head Coach like Held was all of his JUCO contacts...but unfortunately all of the JUCO signees last year didn't pan out.

Believe all 4 JUCO's signed last year are not with the UCF Program as some never even made it to campus:

DL Joe Sanders
DL Josh Odigie
DL Chris Mulumba
OL Christian Beard

That's a huge epic fail....as 20% of your entire class and ALL of your JUCO signees never helped your program for even 1 play...let alone a season.

I have to agree. Beard was supposed to be a "Frost System" type of offensive linemen and turned out to be a miserable fail. I'm way down on JUCO transfers at this point overall. Name a few good ones in our history?? Even the defensive lineman who everyone wanted from Nassau CC wasn't that great in 2014 and 2015.

I have to agree. Beard was supposed to be a "Frost System" type of offensive linemen and turned out to be a miserable fail. I'm way down on JUCO transfers at this point overall. Name a few good ones in our history?? Even the defensive lineman who everyone wanted from Nassau CC wasn't that great in 2014 and 2015.
JUCO kids are either there because of not qualifying or not enough talent. So for every superstar that isn't smart, there are 10 guys who are essentially walkons.

DL Joe Sanders
DL Josh Odigie
DL Chris Mulumba
OL Christian Beard

Doesnt that just open up more scholarships for this year?

If this was Alabama, they would be burning trees and poisoning them around Kevin Smith's house about now.

Excuse my hyperbole, tens of people.
Ok.., so they are passionate and easily disappointed. A passionate and "somehwhat fanatical" fanbase is a good thing. They are used to success now.

We weren't exactly cheering our team coming home after losing the Bitcoin bowl to NC state after flooding the streets when they arrived home from the Fiesta Bowl the year before.

Point is, let's fully back the new regime and although I fully enjoyed watching Kevin Smith as a Knight, he's the enemy now, until he's not. He's not having a problem stealing recruits and he's not going to have a problem coaching his RBs to run over
us.

Reactions: GILL T
maybe it's time to stop tweeting about former players recruiting for competing Programs, especially in the same conference(Temple)

why continue to give them Pub? Promote UCF Coaches on Frost's staff

In spirit I agree, but I think it's good information for UCF fans following the countdown to NSD. I'm glad Brandon isn't a pure propaganda mouthpiece and he gave this info. It's not like we get any information from the Orlando Sentinel. We always wonder what impact losing assets to another school might have, particularly another in-state G5 program. 24K is using his inside knowledge to reach out to some UCF commits he may like or think he can flip, as he should. Now if Carpenter ends up flipping on NSD, we won't be totally caught by surprise.

In spirit I agree, but I think it's good information for UCF fans following the countdown to NSD. I'm glad Brandon isn't a pure propaganda mouthpiece and he gave this info. It's not like we get any information from the Orlando Sentinel. We always wonder what impact losing assets to another school might have, particularly another in-state G5 program. 24K is using his inside knowledge to reach out to some UCF commits he may like or think he can flip, as he should. Now if Carpenter ends up flipping on NSD, we won't be totally caught by surprise.

Those are the worst. A guy who has been committed for 6-9 months flips on NSD. If you are thinking about other schools just open up your commitment.

Ensuring Beach sticks with UCF clearly a big priority with the assets deployed here:

May have been talked about already but have we had any JUCO guys go on to the NFL or at least make a practice squad for a bit?

Doug Gabriel wasnt a JUCO right? FSU transfer I think.
I believe one of the DEs we had went practice squad but not for long. Toby Jackson or maybe the other one that was high rated and didn't do much here.

Ok.., so they are passionate and easily disappointed. A passionate and "somehwhat fanatical" fanbase is a good thing. They are used to success now.

We weren't exactly cheering our team coming home after losing the Bitcoin bowl to NC state after flooding the streets when they arrived home from the Fiesta Bowl the year before.

Point is, let's fully back the new regime and although I fully enjoyed watching Kevin Smith as a Knight, he's the enemy now, until he's not. He's not having a problem stealing recruits and he's not going to have a problem coaching his RBs to run over
us.
I wouldn't except anyone to welcome home from a bitcoin loss. But from CFP win or lose I would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT