ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

Another smart, strategic move whether it pays off or not. The entire secondary is gone = playing time! Bring plenty of bio info and signed pictures of Ismael, Robinson, and Bouye
regardless of the final result I love the work ethic of this coaching staff on the Recruiting Trail, it's refreshing to have the Head Coach & not just assistants crisscrossing the State/Region and hitting as many living rooms as possible.

Tariq certainly looks like an old style UCF safety who likes to hit. I sure hope we can keep him because his 2-star rating is bogus. He'll have a more difficult time getting playing time at UM and we do have multiple good hitting safeties in the NFL (don't forget Clayton Geathers).

Reactions: Mikesi
I thought something was up with him when he was scheduled to enroll in the Spring and he never did

Who else is recruiting him as a QB?

edit guess the rumor is he started wavering after D. Mack committed but with Milton far from a sure thing this seems like a dumb move for him unless somewhere like West Virginia wants him as a QB.

There is going to be a roller coaster of subtraction/addition when the staff uses the strategy throwing out that wide net on offers.

Last edited:
Recruiting has become such a fiasco
Too many kids don't have the balls
to compete for and win a job. I'm all for the strategy of throwing out way more offers than we need. Especially at offensive line

Recruiting has become such a fiasco
Too many kids don't have the balls
to compete for and win a job. I'm all for the strategy of throwing out way more offers than we need. Especially at offensive line
yeah I'm for it. It can get messy but once signing day comes I think the quality across the board will be higher compared to what we used to bring in. Looks like Mack is solid.

it sucks that the QB Perry out of Ocala(Daunte's old HS) is a solid commit to Miami. That would be the dream & potential Program changing QB commit for Frost's system. Richt is starting to run some RPOs but it's still a mostly Pro Set.

Ok, so we have Milton, Dinovo, Mack and Vedral. Not a disaster and better than most years. It's going to be hard to convince another decent QB to be one of 5 at this point.

So.., do we have 2 QBs signing at this point?
However, the kid from Nebraska who cut it as a D1 QB...... From what I have heard I would compare him to Pete D...... Not a bad thing just not going to be able to run this offense

I thought something was up with him when he was scheduled to enroll in the Spring and he never did

Who else is recruiting him as a QB?

edit guess the rumor is he started wavering after D. Mack committed but with Milton far from a sure thing this seems like a dumb move for him unless somewhere like West Virginia wants him as a QB.

There is going to be a roller coaster of subtraction/addition when the staff uses the strategy throwing out that wide net on offers.
PK, I also was wondering why he didn't enroll in January as originally stated. I saw this decommit coming for a while. Actually, with 3 QBs in one class, for several months now I thought either Washington or Vedral would jump ship. I really hope we keep Vedral who is an accurate passer with good speed (4.6 forty).

I think this can actually be a good thing as we won't have as many QBs sharing practice reps and have another scholarship to use for late commits who can possibly have impact this year.

Ok, so we have Milton, Dinovo, Mack and Vedral. Not a disaster and better than most years. It's going to be hard to convince another decent QB to be one of 5 at this point.
What's even harder is to convince a kid to come in to be one of 3 QB's in the same class. It screams career/graduation overlap.

Reactions: Mikesi
I don't understand why there can't be 2 QBs in this offense at the same time.

Dinovo still going to stay?
I think so. He has one year left. Things didn't workout for him early. It's a shame because he has a great attitude and was a helpful recruiter. At least he will get a degree for free. Nice to see him play Vs FIU a little

PK, I also was wondering why he didn't enroll in January as originally stated. I saw this decommit coming for a while. Actually, with 3 QBs in one class, for several months now I thought either Washington or Vedral would jump ship. I really hope we keep Vedral who is an accurate passer with good speed (4.6 forty).

I think this can actually be a good thing as we won't have as many QBs sharing practice reps and have another scholarship to use for late commits who can possibly have impact this year.
It's all about quality and not quantity
Once you have more than 3 active QBs not redshirting, it just spells unhappiness and transfer

Reactions: KnightLife1
I think so. He has one year left. Things didn't workout for him early. It's a shame because he has a great attitude and was a helpful recruiter. At least he will get a degree for free. Nice to see him play Vs FIU a little
I'm hoping DiNovo can at least give us one last good year of backup QB if not more. He always was a pretty accurate passer, has decent speed, around 4.65 I saw. I think he has the physical tools to run Frost's offense if he can use solid decision making.

I'm hoping DiNovo can at least give us one last good year of backup QB if not more. He always was a pretty accurate passer, has decent speed, around 4.65 I saw. I think he has the physical tools to run Frost's offense if he can use solid decision making.
The whole Dinovo thing was unnecessarily a disaster from day one. GOL threw him to the wolves and he simply wasn't ready.
He should have transferred long ago. There's no way such a prolific HS passer became a bum overnight. I don't buy it.

Anyway., I do have confidence that he's a capable backup.

The whole Dinovo thing was unnecessarily a disaster from day one. GOL threw him to the wolves and he simply wasn't ready.
He should have transferred long ago. There's no way such a prolific HS passer became a bum overnight. I don't buy it.

Anyway., I do have confidence that he's a capable backup.
I think this year he would have seen the field if he was ever going to. Unless we are going to redshirt both Freshmen this year no matter what and roll with Milton and Dinovo. Not too sure of that though. Mack looked bad in the All Star game but he was sharing reps and had limited practice time for game.

It's all about quality and not quantity
Once you have more than 3 active QBs not redshirting, it just spells unhappiness and transfer
We don't have one solid QB at the present time, so bring several in knowing a couple will go elsewhere eventually.

The only thing DiNovo is going to see are the games from the sidelines and his diploma, which is going to be the most important part of him being at UCF (unless he got some worthless degree that will have no ROI in life). At least he should be debt-free after college which is a big bonus.

We don't have one solid QB at the present time, so bring several in knowing a couple will go elsewhere eventually.
I'm good with 2 QBs. Honestly we might have the 2 best decision makers. Would love to have a local kid from DP but we'll be ok. Cream rises to the top.

the Orlando Sentinel article seems confused by the timing of Washington decommiting unless he has another place already in mind behind the scenes, said he was determined to play QB at this level where a lot of his other offers were to change a position.

Looks like Tariq & Gave Davis are the 2 to watch in danger in flipping.

Connecting the visit date dots I think if Gabe Davis stays on board and doesn't flip to FSU we don't get Louis Dorsey, if he flips Dorsey to UCF. Pretty sure the coaches have Davis higher on their board.

How do you know we dont have 1 solid QB- we dont know about Vedral or Mack yet- they can end up being solid.
I'm one of the few that hasn't given up on Milton yet, he showed flashes when he was not playing behind a D2 Oline(Temple first half, UCONN).

And on the topic of Marvin Washington ITT.. if Milton didn't injure his collarbone his Senior season I'm pretty sure his offer list would have grown towards the end of last cycle with more interest than M. Washington currently has to play QB.

Still shouldn't be the same. Have you been to Memphis? That 4 star is going to leave.

You still have this misguided notion that location should be such a big factor. I think you give too much weight to this. Location might be a big factor to a Florida kid who wants his parents to watch a game but Memphis has only one kid from Florida. Most of their big recruits are local Tennessee kids.

I agree that the city of Memphis is a dump, but I dont think that matters as much as you think it does.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT