ADVERTISEMENT

Football Signing Day/Recruiting Countdown - Post all info here!

I watched his tape. Kid is a freak athletically, and has great instincts to the ball. Knifes thru garbage really well. Doesn't move his feet as well, but makes up for it in ability. We are STACKED at inside LB for the next few years, with at least 3 in this class, and what we have on the roster.

Yeah, he seems highly rated and has some impressive offers. A position we definitely needed to get some depth in for with the move from a 4-3 to a 3-4 base defense.

I watched his tape. Kid is a freak athletically, and has great instincts to the ball. Knifes thru garbage really well. Doesn't move his feet as well, but makes up for it in ability. We are STACKED at inside LB for the next few years, with at least 3 in this class, and what we have on the roster.

And that's with Chisolm flipping to Texas. Well done by Frost in the Staff. Day is not over but UCF currently has the highest point Average in the AAC.
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

Pretty excited with this class...tons of playmakers! That being said, I don't think we did a great job addressing our biggest needs. (OL and QB). We could have the best RBs and WRs in the country and it wouldn't matter if we show up with an offensive line and QB similar to last year. Just look at Tre'Quan Smith..an excellent WR who would have 1400 yards a year with an average QB throwing to him. Let's hope Mack or Vedral pan out.

Reactions: Mikesi
Did we show Marvin Washington the door, or did he simply decommit? In my opinion, he was our best QB commit and someone who could've started over Milton next year.

Did we show Marvin Washington the door, or did he simply decommit? In my opinion, he was our best QB commit and someone who could've started over Milton next year.
slow down there.

the coaches seemed to cool on Marvin as the year went on and really wanted him to enroll early this Spring, once he didn't the coaches seemed to cool on him even more

Pretty excited with this class...tons of playmakers! That being said, I don't think we did a great job addressing our biggest needs. (OL and QB). We could have the best RBs and WRs in the country and it wouldn't matter if we show up with an offensive line and QB similar to last year. Just look at Tre'Quan Smith..an excellent WR who would have 1400 yards a year with an average QB throwing to him. Let's hope Mack or Vedral pan out.

I try not to be a negative guy, but I agree with this (Although I think Mack will turn out to be the guy). OL still remains our biggest concern, and I would have loved to have either held on to the 2 guys that decommitted, or replace them with 2 more. Hopefully the young guys can get coached up quick and hold down the fort. I'm still optimistic!

I try not to be a negative guy, but I agree with this (Although I think Mack will turn out to be the guy). OL still remains our biggest concern, and I would have loved to have either held on to the 2 guys that decommitted, or replace them with 2 more. Hopefully the young guys can get coached up quick and hold down the fort. I'm still optimistic!
Everyone talked OLine, but UCF was getting destroyed last season after opponents discovered they could pound it up the middle. There was no DLine, especially after they all were hobbled, and little size among the LBs. By, the second half, they were exhausted and beat up. Signing 3 DEs and 5 LBs was what the doctor ordered (especially after 5 decommitted).

Everyone talked OLine, but UCF was getting destroyed last season after opponents discovered they could pound it up the middle. There was no DLine, especially after they all were hobbled, and little size among the LBs. By, the second half, they were exhausted and beat up. Signing 3 DEs and 5 LBs was what the doctor ordered (especially after 5 decommitted).

Glad that at least was addressed. Our first team guys (Pittman, and Hill) are legit, but once they both got knicked up, it was down hill from there.

doesn't technically count towards this class but the Bama DB transfer is going to help immediately on Defense as well

I think Frost will find 1 transfer OT

Reactions: UCFProf
I think the coaches lost their excitement for him and focused on more talented recruits

This. It's so difficult for G5 schools to get quality lineman. Especially a few. We have recruited 3 offensive linemen and they are a the bottom of our class

According to Juan:

With a 166.96 rating, UCF finishes with their highest-rated class since joining the AAC. Previous high was 165.79 in 2014:

So all the gloom and doom from when all the decommits were happening, turned out to be pretty nice haul.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Also point of information- looks like UCF got the #3 class out of all G5 schools- only Boise and Memphis ranked higher, but #1 G5 school by average recruit ranking. Isn't that what we are striving to be - #1 G5 school/new Boise St if we cant make it to a P5 conf?

Also point of information- looks like UCF got the #3 class out of all G5 schools- only Boise and Memphis ranked higher, but #1 G5 school by average recruit ranking. Isn't that what we are striving to be - #1 G5 school/new Boise St if we cant make it to a P5 conf?
We briefly fell to #3 in the AAC this morning, but returned to #2 since then on 247 (and #3 in G5).
We are 60th in FBS, a shade behind #58 Memphis and #59 Boise, but ahead of the following P5 schools:
Indiana, Vandy, Wake Forest, Boston College, Purdue, Kansas St., Kansas, and Cal

Cincy and Houston are also above the last 4 on this list). So 4 of the top-5 G5 schools in recruiting are in the AAC.

Final List:

Time
Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown
11/16/16 Otis Anderson RB 5-11 170 Jacksonville, Fla.
11/30/16 Emmanuel Greene WR 5-10 171 Bradenton, Fla.
12/14/16 Gabriel Luyanda OLB 6-5 230 Tampa, Fla.
12/18/16 Antwan Collier CB 6-3 178 Miami, Fla.
7:07 a.m. Mason Cholewa DE 6-7 265 McKees Rocks, Pa.
7:08 a.m. Zamari Maxwell DB 6-1 175 Largo, Fla.
7:12 a.m. Cole Schneider OL 6-4 295 Fort Myers, Fla.
7:13 a.m. Samuel Jackson OT 6-6 332 Bradenton, Fla.
7:14 a.m. Julio Castillo OT 6-6 315 Mayo, Fla.
7:19 a.m. T.J. Pitts LB 6-1 250 Williston, Fla.
7:28 a.m. Stephon Zayas DE 6-6 210 Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
7:31 a.m. Jeremiah Zio DE 6-8 245 St. Petersburg, Fla.
7:35 a.m. Gabriel Davis WR 6-3 215 Sanford, Fla.
7:59 a.m. Darriel Mack Jr. QB 6-3 215 Norfolk, Va.
8:00 a.m. Rennard Bozeman CB 5-10 173 Lauderdale Lakes, Fla.
8:15 a.m. Marlon Williams WR 6-0 205 Mobile, Ala.
8:16 a.m. Kalia Davis LB 6-2 250 Pensacola, Fla.
8:47 a.m. Noah Vedral QB 6-2 184 Wahoo, Neb.
10:46 a.m. Bentavious Thompson RB 6-1 190 Miami, Fla.
10:50 a.m. Sterling Jones ILB 6-2 225 Montgomery, Ala.
11:15 a.m. Lionel "LJ" Cummings OLB 6-3 205 Bartow, Fla.

We briefly fell to #3 in the AAC this morning, but returned to #2 since then on 247 (and #3 in G5).
We are 60th in FBS, a shade behind #58 Memphis and #59 Boise, but ahead of the following P5 schools:
Indiana, Vandy, Wake Forest, Boston College, Purdue, Kansas St., Kansas, and Cal

Cincy and Houston are also above the last 4 on this list). So 4 of the top-5 G5 schools in recruiting are in the AAC.

Suck it, Purdue! Quit coming for our guys!

I am referring to 247, and we are #1 in average recruit ranking in AAC as you can see here: http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC and ahead of Boise in that aspect to.

I would much prefer this and be consistently be successful then be an average or mediocre P5 school like Iowa State or Wake Forest

Reactions: UCFan07
I would much prefer this and be consistently be successful then be an average or mediocre P5 school like Iowa State or Wake Forest
It also gives us a stronger argument for an invite to a P5. We're out-recruiting schools from each of the P5 conferences despite the lack of P5 media coverage and money. Think how much we could benefit those elite conferences if we had those same advantages.

I know we're on Rivals but 247 has the best ranking, their database is larger & still rates Jucos that Rivals sometimes doesn't rate

Reactions: UCFan07
a little OT but Juan posted a few hours ago that UCF was going to look into him post signing day but guess Coach Mac moved quick. He's the guy that got caught smoking weed on his Ohio State visit, Coach Mac deciding to roll the dice when their fans were getting restless about how he was recruiting going into today[smoke][laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT