ADVERTISEMENT

Four ACC schools are reportedly “in talks” with the Big 12.

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Internet rumor or not, I'd welcome those teams. In other news Army to join the AAC in 2025.

Morgantown, WV – Conference realignment talk is ramping up once again.

According to Greg Swaim of The Greg Swaim Show, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida State, and Clemson are putting plans into place to leave the ACC as early as 2025. With these moves, more ACC schools will look to leave, and a move to the Big 12 may be in the cards.

Swaim would add that Louisville, NC State, Pitt, and Virginia Tech have had “informal third party talks” with the Big 12.

that is the hilarious part of the delusion over in Temple Terrace. They think the rest of the conference would just sit there and welcome them and other loser Programs?

The Pitt poster on this board said they have already flirted w the Big 12 .

Last edited:
Internet rumor or not, I'd welcome those teams. In other news Army to join the AAC in 2025.

According to Greg Swaim of The Greg Swaim Show, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida State, and Clemson are putting plans into place to leave the ACC as early as 2025. With these moves, more ACC schools will look to leave, and a move to the Big 12 may be in the cards.

Swaim would add that Louisville, NC State, Pitt, and Virginia Tech have had “informal third party talks” with the Big 12.
Louisville, NC State, Pitt, and Virginia Tech seem very realistic to me. If you think otherwise, let me remind you fans of Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah never thought they'd be going to the B12 yet it happened anyways.

3rd party talks---- what their wives, or husbands of female ADs- or whatever, are talking to the married beings or consorts of the Big XII commissioner?

No mention of the u.

just an fyi, anything that's to do with conference realignment originating from Swaim or Morgantown, WV is more than likely bullshit.
Zero ACC teams want to move to the Big 12. None. There’s no money or brand football programs in that conference.

Zero ACC teams want to move to the Big 12. None. There’s no money or brand football programs in that conference.
Weird. In a year or so UCF will be making almost double what Miami makes in the ACC. You're right. There's no money in the Big XII. You're also wrong. UCF is growing in its brand and will likely contend for the Conference title in 2-3 years. In fact I predict UCF wins the Big XII before Miami wins its first ACC title, ever.

Weird. In a year or so UCF will be making almost double what Miami makes in the ACC. You're right. There's no money in the Big XII. You're also wrong. UCF is growing in its brand and will likely contend for the Conference title in 2-3 years. In fact I predict UCF wins the Big XII before Miami wins its first ACC title, ever.
I hear Washington State and Oregon State might be interested in the u joining the PAC-3.

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Double? I believe it's slightly more than the ACC. Not by much.

Double? I believe it's slightly more than the ACC. Not by much.
When you add it all up they project close to $50 million and the ACC deal is what, like $30 million? I could be mistaken of course. Either way ucf is going to have more revenue than the bony legged ibis. 😆

Lamo. You boys believe anything

The Big 12 is a trash football conference with zero football national brands. What do you boys want me to say? Lol…not about to lie to make you happy.

The Malzahn simp…Auburn 0-4 in the SEC and UCF 0-4 in the Big 12. Dude is 0-8.

The Big 12 is a trash football conference with zero football national brands.
You don't get it. For being a fan since 83, you've got no excuse, but you're still missing it. All that recruiting talk and graphics with players in them on your Twitter and you still don't see the forest for the trees. I'm going to help you. Pay close attention...

UCF _is_ the national brand in the big 12. After a few years of UCF winning playoffs games and titles, the people who care about "brands" will be saying "Texas who? Are they the ones with the Knight on the horse?" It's coming. You can't stop it.

The future is bright here. It's black and gold. I've got my shades on already. Well the gold is bright, but the black is dark. The future is bright and dark. Do you see it now? Do you get it? Don't tell me you get it if you don't get it.

It's OK Lobo. This football stuff is hard. It's not like the NFL where the teams are all pretty much equal. It's nuanced, and I can't explain it all to you right now, but stick around and listen, I mean really listen, and the people here will help you understand. You can't listen when you're mocking. See what I mean? I mean really listen, and when Gus is hoisting the trophy, you'll say, "I understand, because they didn't give up on me and helped me understand."

Rome wasn't built in a day. It won't be fast, but you'll get there, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life.

When you add it all up they project close to $50 million and the ACC deal is what, like $30 million? I could be mistaken of course. Either way ucf is going to have more revenue than the bony legged ibis. 😆
Don’t forget that OC money! $10M/yr

The Big 12 is a trash football conference with zero football national brands. What do you boys want me to say? Lol…not about to lie to make you happy.

The Malzahn simp…Auburn 0-4 in the SEC and UCF 0-4 in the Big 12. Dude is 0-8.
As an Auburn and UCF fan, I am envious of how lonely it must be at the top of the 10th best team in the ACC standings with that 1-2 league record of yours.

Keep beating your chest over how wins against Texas A&M and Clemson makes south beach the champion of also-rans.

Last edited:
As an Auburn and UCF fan, I am envious of how lonely it must be at the top of the 10th best team in the ACC standings with that 1-2 league record of yours.

Keep beating your chest over how wins against Texas A&M and Clemson makes south beach the champion of also-rans.
What wins does UCF or Auburn have? Boys beat Boise 18-16 on a last minute 55 yard FG (WELP - UCF’s “best win”. Let’s rewind and see how many points teams have scored against 3-4 Boise.

Washington 56
UCF 18
North Dakota 18
Sand Diego State 31
Memphis 35
San Jose State 27
Colorado State 31

That Malzon offense is REALLY something .

Get it through your thick skulls…the only schools that wanted to joint the Little 12 are the G5s and the Arizonas of the world.

That conference got poached of the two wealthy, national brands it had. You think the legacy teams are happy with that? You believe the legacy big 12 programs are good with Texas and Oklahoma leaving and the likes of UCF joining the conference? Do you want me to answer for you?

Get it through your thick skulls…the only schools that wanted to joint the Little 12 are the G5s and the Arizonas of the world.

That conference got poached of the two wealthy, national brands it had. You think the legacy teams are happy with that? You believe the legacy big 12 programs are good with Texas and Oklahoma leaving and the likes of UCF joining the conference? Do you want me to answer for you?
If it remains P5 they don’t mind them leaving. Makes the conference more even. Lose out on a little more money is a drawback.

Can't wait for our first conference game with The U. You'd be a good travel partner for Olympic sports.

But we might pass on you guys, you know, for recruiting footprint and all. Sports is very complicated.

I agree with you that no one WANTED to join, but the 4 schools that did HAD to join or get left behind.

What do you think is going to happen to the ACC? FSU/Clemson (two National Brands) and possibly others are going to leave as soon as they can unless something drastically changes money wise. Depending on who is left over it will again not be about WANTING to join another conference but HAVING too. The payout for TV w/o those brands takes a big hit come negotiation time (see PAC).

In terms of landing spots for the remaining teams, the BIGXII is the logical destination.

I think that if the Big12 gets 4 teams, I think they should be: (1) Pitt because they are the natural rival for WV, (2) Louisville because they are a natural rival for Cinci, (3) Virginia Tech and (4) Duke because both of these schools are competitive in both football and basketball. Though I could get behind adding any ACC school we can drive to for an away game.

I think that if the Big12 gets 4 teams, I think they should be: (1) Pitt because they are the natural rival for WV, (2) Louisville because they are a natural rival for Cinci, (3) Virginia Tech and (4) Duke because both of these schools are competitive in both football and basketball. Though I could get behind adding any ACC school we can drive to for an away game.
I think the u should be added to the Big 12 so all the Miami fan will have a reason to come here.

Reactions: rainman614
I actually enjoy watching the ACC and hopes it stays together as constructed

It is not the Big12’s fault that FSU has gone full doomsday paranoid bc they are upset UCF is gonna make a few more million in TV money. They can compete and win Natties in the ACC..they might win it this season. If the ACC breaks up it is their fault

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I actually enjoy watching the ACC and hopes it stays together as constructed
I agree. College football is strong when there are strong regional conferences.

The conferences made a lot of sense a few years ago. They all had an identity and a few strong teams. The old Big East should've stayed together. Is Miami in a better place now than they were back then? How's it worked out for VT? TAMU, Missouri? Good luck TX, OU, or not, or whatever.

I don't really want to be playing at Arizona (who is on CA time most of the season). I'd much rather be playing in our time zone.

I don't really care about TV money. I want exciting football. If all the P5 conferences fall apart and consolidate, what identities are left? It's just a bunch of random teams on the schedule. Fewer rivalries since you're playing teams less often. I don't like it.

Houston TCU
BYU Utah
Arizona Arizona St
Kansas Kansas State

more to be added in the near future.

What's the problem?

I think we should take the warning from those wanting to leave, Duke does not give a crap about football. They might have a few good years, but it's probably luck.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was questioning just what the hell that meant! lol
If it were true, not the school president, or the AD, but likely an assistant of the AD. That would likely be 3rd party talks. Not the mailman of a neighbor of a cousin of the AD. Or whatever was listed above.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN

So little respect for the game of college football outside of Miami. Utah is a great program. All the media pundits keep talking about is USC, Oregon, Washington, and UCLA. But who has won the last 2 Pac 12 titles? Utah. Who still has a shot, playing their #2 and #3 QB the entire season, to win the PAC 12? Utah. As we go forward, Utah, and Colorado as long as Coach Prime stays there will be the toughest outs in the Big 12. I think we will get to that level as well.

Utah may not have wanted to, but they did. NC State, Va Tech and others may not want to, but they may have to. Realistically, I think Miami gets into the SEC. I don't see the SEC wanting the Big 10 building a pipeline to Dade Broward County. Honestly, I don't get the attraction to Clemson. Why? They had 3 good QB's, and then, the wheels seemed to fall off. They have gone back to what Clemson really is; 8-4, 7-5. I would love Miami in the Big 12, but my guess is the SEC will either take them, or pass on them if they know the Big 10 is going to pass. But by having the Big 3 in Florida, you lock up recruiting in the state. Then again, maybe, maybe, the SEC is eyeing us? The longer the break up of the ACC takes, the more time it gives us to develop as a program, build solid years in the Power 5. Who knows? I don't think it will be more than 2-3 years, if that long. But if it does, who knows. Small private school in Miami vs the largest university in the state. Not really sure if I want to face an SEC gauntlet of a schedule.

Why has Miami not won more in the last 20 years than they have? They have a top 25 recruiting class every year. Shouldn't they be at worst 8-4 based on the blue chip ratio? Yet they seem to miss bowl season a lot. And lose to crappy teams in bowl games, at least compared to their roster. Have they just had bad head coaches for the past 20 years. Did that PI against tOSU really set them back 20 years? Not trying to start anything, but Al Golden was a successful coach, before Miami. Randy Shannon was beloved by Hurricane nation, before he became the head coach; I believe a #1 recruiting ranking in there. Why haven't they won? Before you dump on us, look in the mirror for the past 20 years. Think about that. 20 years. A quarter of your life expectancy. We have been to NY6 Bowl games, won a couple. What has Miami done since GOL took over our program. Mediocrity at best. UCF is on an upwards trajectory. Miami has plateaued. Regressed in reality.

In the past 20 years, how many times has Miami been in the top 15 come the month of November? I would guess after 2006, maybe once. Turnover chain. Nice and gaudy- totally Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT