ADVERTISEMENT

Four ACC schools are reportedly “in talks” with the Big 12.

Makes total sense that UVA/UNC/FSU/Clemson are headed to greener pastures with Pitt/VPI/NCSU/Louisville headed to XII.

I would also maybe add GT and Miami to XII but they don’t really have committed fans. They are both Northeastern in culture despite GT being in the ATL.

Very weak fans.

However, they both have a 20th century history of success. Would just be AWFUL fits for land grant “red state” football though.

TX football superior to Southeastern football in all ways. I know this from WVU recruiting the pi** out of FLA.

No offense to you guys, but Gators only school in FLA worth red state football. The others mostly suck.

I’m very much a red state football snob though. Don’t pay much mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Why has Miami not won more in the last 20 years than they have? They have a top 25 recruiting class every year. Shouldn't they be at worst 8-4 based on the blue chip ratio? Yet they seem to miss bowl season a lot. And lose to crappy teams in bowl games, at least compared to their roster. Have they just had bad head coaches for the past 20 years. Did that PI against tOSU really set them back 20 years? Not trying to start anything, but Al Golden was a successful coach, before Miami. Randy Shannon was beloved by Hurricane nation, before he became the head coach; I believe a #1 recruiting ranking in there. Why haven't they won? Before you dump on us, look in the mirror for the past 20 years. Think about that. 20 years. A quarter of your life expectancy. We have been to NY6 Bowl games, won a couple. What has Miami done since GOL took over our program. Mediocrity at best. UCF is on an upwards trajectory. Miami has plateaued. Regressed in reality.

In the past 20 years, how many times has Miami been in the top 15 come the month of November? I would guess after 2006, maybe once. Turnover chain. Nice and gaudy- totally Miami.
Lol turn over chain😭 Then they came out with the rings when someone scored a TD. How embarrassing . I remember a game where Alabama was winning by 5 touchdowns and you had Miami players celebrating the turnover chain thing on the sideline.

Reactions: Robert0122
Lol turn over chain😭 Then they came out with the rings when someone scored a TD. How embarrassing . I remember a game where Alabama was winning by 5 touchdowns and you had Miami players celebrating the turnover chain thing on the sideline.
They should wear the chain everytime they turnover their coaching staff every other year

Reactions: U C to the F
ZERO ACC schools are “in talks” with the Big 12. None.
As of today, I agree. If any contacts are being made it would be 3rd level type talks. Asst AD maybe.
If 2 leave the ACC there will be 4 and quite likely 6. UM is likely going to be in that mix.

So lets say for giggles, Clemson, FSU, NC, and VT to SEC and VA and UM to the Big, The rest of the ACC will be on the block and the west coast/smu adds won't help, Everyone else will be looking at options, and there will only be one, the B12. I could easily at that point see NC st, Pitt, Ga tech, UL jumping to the life boat.

For UM I think they really need FSU to SEC and not the Big. I think UM is great add for Big, SEC, maybe yes maybe no.

Is that what will happen? don't know. Could that be close to the final result? Yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT