ADVERTISEMENT

FPI has us at 55 in 2018

Man you guys are jumping at shadows.... Coach Beckton was with UCF for 20 years or so and was a player here. He took a job that doubled his salary and he is spending some of that money on UCF season tickets.
Honestly, I think you’re being a little to light on the guy. Loyalty can change at a whim. I’m a bit more skeptical.

Put 2 and 2 together. I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it walks like a duck......

For all we know this guy could absolutely despise UCF right now and have an agenda. Actions speak louder than words

Honestly, I think you’re being a little to light on the guy. Loyalty can change at a whim. I’m a bit more skeptical.

Put 2 and 2 together. I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it walks like a duck......

For all we know this guy could absolutely despise UCF right now and have an agenda. Actions speak louder than words

Bingo!

The guy is a Nobraska employee and is being paid by Nobraska. He’s on a search and destroy mission and wants to build up his new employer. He’s loyal to a different program now. As much as it may hurt some, he’s probably saying f**k UCF

Reactions: JAFFX2
Yes I live in Nebraska and on every game Day UCF has I’ll be with Nebraska Football Team. Can I buy season tix I’ll never use? Small price to pay to pretend you aren’t there to sway the kids you ran out on.

Who shows up on campus to “renew season tickets” and accidentally stumbles into a closed practice unannounced and uninvited on the first day of spring practice? Best case scenario is the guy is an idiot. Worst case is he had nefarious intentions.

Who shows up on campus to “renew season tickets” and accidentally stumbles into a closed practice unannounced and uninvited on the first day of spring practice? Best case scenario is the guy is an idiot. Worst case is he had nefarious intentions.
[thumb2]:clap::okay:

Who shows up on campus to “renew season tickets”
I have renewed my tickets on-line or over the phone for a decade and I live local. Guess you can’t do that from Nobraska in the winter months
Phone lines out of the state are cut off from civilization

No worries. “The guy has bled black and gold for 25 years and has done more for UCF than any meaningless plebe or peasant on this board.”

[pfftt]

[roll][roll][roll]

Why is it hard to believe that he bought season tickets for whatever family and friends he has local, where he lived for 20 years. Pretty sure it's not uncommon that alumni who live all over the country buy season tickets that rarely get to personally use them.

Why is it hard to believe that he bought season tickets for whatever family and friends he has local, where he lived for 20 years. Pretty sure it's not uncommon that alumni who live all over the country buy season tickets that rarely get to personally use them.

Not too plausible for a coach that is employed by and committed to another team halfway across the country that gutted our entire coaching staff...but even if you are naive enough to believe that crap, what is your logic in him showing up to a closed practiced uninvited, unannounced, and obviously not welcome????

Reactions: Mikesi
This is completely ridiculous. Open up your eyes people. Maybe Otis is transferring (doubtful) and maybe he’s not, but rest assured, Becktondict is up to no good. Isn’t it obvious?

Beckton spent more time at the UCF facilities than some of you have been alive. You don't just turn that off. When you return,to your old haunts, you visit and you try to remain on good terms. You get nostalgic etc.. Yes you keep your season tickets just like many of us keep season tickets even though we live 7 hours away. Was it a wise move to come to the practice so soon after departure? Probably not, but I am pretty sure he does not have any intentions of harming UCF.

People on this board that are more loyal to UCF than Bectondict Arnold:

Lemmy
Mikesi
Firm_Bizzle
Knight_light
UCFHonors
Poolside
SCKnight
JAFX2
BlackNGoldAllday
HeMightbeJeremy
Lawknight

And many many more!! Sorry if I left names out. Don’t underestimate or downplay the dedication, loyalty and lifelong passion of long-term real true fans.

You wouldn’t see these guys go to Nobraska, steal recruits, leave the coaching cupboard bare and try to get players to transfer.

Anyone will be dedicated to UCF as a coach for $200-$300,000 a year and a 4 year scholarship

UCF pays the above fans nothing

Last edited:
Beckton spent more time at the UCF facilities than some of you have been alive. You don't just turn that off. When you return,to your old haunts, you visit and you try to remain on good terms. You get nostalgic etc.. Yes you keep your season tickets just like many of us keep season tickets even though we live 7 hours away. Was it a wise move to come to the practice so soon after departure? Probably not, but I am pretty sure he does not have any intentions of harming UCF.

Stop looking through those rose colored glasses and open your eyes to reality. He is part of a coaching staff that was recruiting against UCF within 1 hour of the AAC championship confetti flying. WTF do you think he was doing in Florida? Recruiting is cut throat...... it is foolish to think he showed up because he was nostalgic and home sick. Even if his intentions were completely innocent which is doubtful, it was a total bonehead move to show up at a closed practice!

Stop looking through those rose colored glasses and open your eyes to reality. He is part of a coaching staff that was recruiting against UCF within 1 hour of the AAC championship confetti flying. WTF do you think he was doing in Florida? Recruiting is cut throat...... it is foolish to think he showed up because he was nostalgic and home sick. Even if his intentions were completely innocent which is doubtful, it was a total bonehead move to show up at a closed practice!

It is a business. Stuff like that happens in this business. If you expected him to forego a doubling of his salary and the opportunity he is getting at Nebraska than you have the rose colored glasses. UCF will goes toe to toe against Nebraska all day long. Beckton will work hard to get the recruits he can using all the contacts and ability he has. He does not need to steal existing players from UCF. I guarantee almost every player at spring practice has Beckton's cell phone number, e-mail, snapchat account..whatever. If they want to reach out to him they can. If he wants to steal those guys he already has full access. He does not need to be at practice to do it.

Beckton didn't get his salary "doubled" to go to Nebraska. I believe he got a slight increase over what UCF offered which with state taxes was negligible. He could have made an innocent boneheaded mistake. Let's hope that that's all it was.

UCF offered 350K and Nebraska gave him 400K. Taking into account state taxes, he got roughly $8,800 more in take home pay going to Nebraska over UCF.

If he wants to steal those guys he already has full access. He does not need to be at practice to do it.

If you are correct and that is an awfully big if, then plain and simple it was very f*cking stupid for him to stroll into a closed practice

If you are correct and that is an awfully big if, then plain and simple it was very f*cking stupid for him to stroll into a closed practice
It’s not correct at all. Coaches for other teams cannot contact UCF players. Players can contact the coaches if they have permission from their current school and are seeking transfer.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
It’s not correct at all. Coaches for other teams cannot contact UCF players. Players can contact the coaches if they have permission from their current school and are seeking transfer.

So people think Beckton was trying to walk into a UCF practice and steal players because he would have permission of the coaches? The guy was just visiting and it was naive and stupid of him to think he could stroll into practice. But I doubt it was nefarious

Beckton didn't get his salary "doubled" to go to Nebraska. I believe he got a slight increase over what UCF offered which with state taxes was negligible. He could have made an innocent boneheaded mistake. Let's hope that that's all it was.

UCF offered 350K and Nebraska gave him 400K. Taking into account state taxes, he got roughly $8,800 more in take home pay going to Nebraska over UCF.
How much of that went into Winter clothes purchases? Most of it for he and wife. Not sure if his kids live with him or not.

All of it and a snowblower as well. He’s essentially homeless now.
His money goes a lot farther in Nebraska. Here is a live look at his new house.

Castles-snow-14.jpg

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi

Castles-snow-14.jpg
Hahahahaha. What’s the old saying? It’s better to rule in hell than serve in heaven. Well.., looks like he’s ruling from his castle in the winter wasteland called Nebraska.

So people think Beckton was trying to walk into a UCF practice and steal players because he would have permission of the coaches? The guy was just visiting and it was naive and stupid of him to think he could stroll into practice. But I doubt it was nefarious
[pfftt]

I think it's not so much a question of him buying season tickets, it's a question of him going to the campus to buy them. I've had season tickets to the Gators for decades, like many of you have to the Knights, and I have never bought them on campus. Sounds like he was looking for an excuse to be on campus and it just "happened" to be the first week of spring practice and he just happened to stop by the practice facility.

I think it's not so much a question of him buying season tickets, it's a question of him going to the campus to buy them. I've had season tickets to the Gators for decades, like many of you have to the Knights, and I have never bought them on campus. Sounds like he was looking for an excuse to be on campus and it just "happened" to be the first week of spring practice and he just happened to stop by the practice facility.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!! [thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]

How do you even buy season tickets on campus anymore? Do you stand at the box office window and pick seats off a laminated seating chart?

Reactions: Knight Strength
How do you even buy season tickets on campus anymore? Do you stand at the box office window and pick seats off a laminated seating chart?
You don’t. Especially if you been associated with UCF for 25 years. Becktondict Arnold alert!

Castles-snow-14.jpg

Fake news! There are no trees in Nebraska, just corn fields. Lots and lots of corn fields! He should also start learning all of the ways you can eat corn. There is corn on the cob, creamed corn, corn salad, roasted corn, corn ice cream, roasted corn guacamole, corn salsa, popped corn, kettle corn, corned dogs, corn meal mush... https://www.buzzfeed.com/christineb...rn-this-summer?utm_term=.raV4ydbxN#.tnwYmDRAJ

When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.

The paranoia and sour grapes are ridiculous. Listen to yourselves. Yeah, the former player and coach that was here for 20+ years obviously thought he could just walk into a closed practice and slyly "sway" kids to leave the program to go to Nebraska even though he already had the chance to do that before he left in the first place.

That makes way more logical sense than the former player and coach here for 20+ years stopping by practice (of a team his new employer doesn't even play) while in town to say "hi" to his former players and see how they are doing.

Good grief.

The paranoia and sour grapes are ridiculous. Listen to yourselves. Yeah, the former player and coach that was here for 20+ years obviously thought he could just walk into a closed practice and slyly "sway" kids to leave the program to go to Nebraska even though he already had the chance to do that before he left in the first place.

That makes way more logical sense than the former player and coach here for 20+ years stopping by practice (of a team his new employer doesn't even play) while in town to say "hi" to his former players and see how they are doing.

Good grief.
Agree 100%

Death to Becktondict Arnold by hanging!

[cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT