ADVERTISEMENT

Frequent travelers

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
If Delta was sold out of a return flight would you fly Jet Blue? My options are limited unless I want to get back at 11pm. And I don't.

Reactions: UCFBS
definitely. Avoid Delta, American, United at all costs when flying domestic

I wish JetBlue would expand even more, their Mint flights are great

If Delta was sold out of a return flight would you fly Jet Blue? My options are limited unless I want to get back at 11pm. And I don't.

Always fly non stop when you can...and JB is pretty good...almost as good as it's sister airline, BJ.*

Delta is actually my preferred legacy carrier. United is by far the worst domestically.

If you’re someone who will be traveling a lot and want to stick to one carrier for points, delta is easily the best option. Their reach and routes are the best and in the southeast Atlanta is a great hub for Florida people.

I use them on overseas flights all the time and they are by FAR the best US carrier for overseas business travel.

I’ve been traveling seriously for 8 years and have 1M miles on delta. They take really good care of me.

That said, if I could pick my airlines with no cost consideration, I’d choose Emirates, Singapore, Qantas, and Qatar Airways

If you’re someone who will be traveling a lot and want to stick to one carrier for points, delta is easily the best option. Their reach and routes are the best and in the southeast Atlanta is a great hub for Florida people.

I use them on overseas flights all the time and they are by FAR the best US carrier for overseas business travel.

I’ve been traveling seriously for 8 years and have 1M miles on delta. They take really good care of me.

That said, if I could pick my airlines with no cost consideration, I’d choose Emirates, Singapore, Qantas, and Qatar Airways

You're making me jealous with that many miles. Unfortunately, I don't travel much for work, not enough to get me serious points.

You're making me jealous with that many miles. Unfortunately, I don't travel much for work, not enough to get me serious points.

It’s only really awesome when you go to pay for a vacation and fly for free. Lots of crappy time stuck on long flights or airports.

I get to keep the associated AmEx points too which IMO is a better bargain

Since we are talking flying .... How bout a dress code for you flithy fukers. No need for coat and tie like the old days of flying but no damn pajamas and flip flops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_Light
Since we are talking flying .... How bout you dress code for you flithy fukers. No need for coat and tie like the old days of flying but no damn pajamas and flip flops.

At minimum- jeans, closed toe shoes, and a shirt that doesn’t stink like shit.

It’d amazing how many people think sandals are appropriate.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Thanks for the JB endoresment...as I sit here on a fvcking 3.5 delay because the crew wasn't available.

That being said Logan is a really nice ap.
That's never happened to me on American or Delta. I've never had a crew not arrive and flight get canceled before either.

Reactions: cnsaguy
Thanks for the JB endoresment...as I sit here on a fvcking 3.5 delay because the crew wasn't available.

In the summer, always fly first thing in the morning. Always. Summer storms almost assure an afternoon flight will be screwed up

Jet Blue delays is the major flaw i have. I had an early morning flight delay to 7am. Return flight got pushed back 3 hours.

Dang, 85... you fly a lot. Not me, I hate flying. I do it as little as possible.

Dang, 85... you fly a lot. Not me, I hate flying. I do it as little as possible.

I’m not really a fan either. If I’m on a trip and if the next place is 4-6 hours by car I’ll do it. I drive from Montreal to Hartford all the time and it’s a relaxing drive.

I’m not really a fan either. If I’m on a trip and if the next place is 4-6 hours by car I’ll do it. I drive from Montreal to Hartford all the time and it’s a relaxing drive.
Such a hard life, being a salesman who wasn't smart enough to get an engineering degree.

Such a hard life, being a salesman who wasn't smart enough to get an engineering degree.

I get to actually travel to all of those places that you tell your hipster douche friends youve travel to.

Speaking of which, I just booked my vacation for next year!!!

Orlando to Colombo, Sri Lanka, and return Male, Maldives to Orlando, Qatar Airways Business Class with a nice little layover in the beautiful lounge in Doha... $175 round-trip and 140K AAdvantage Miles.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
JetBlue may very well has the most direct options to New York and New England of anyone from MCO. They have been a godsend at times, especially when you're not going downtown Boston, which is all BOS is really good for.**

E.g., I used to fly to Westford, MA regularly and getting in/out of BOS is always a PITA if you're not downtown.

They also fly directly to Providence, RI, as my wife has attended graduate school there, and still infrequently works with professors at URI.

JetBlue has relatively low-to-moderate cycle (number of takeoffs/landings) AirBus A320 series, which is semi-equivalent to the Boeing 737.

They, like United and others, also added the Embraer EJ-190/195 series in the late '00, after Boeing (stupidly) shut down the 717 (fka McDonald Douglas MD-95) line in '05. The 717 (MD-95) was [previously**] the last, domestically made 80-100 seat aircraft.**

Boeing felt the 80-100 seat class 'undercut' the 737's 130+ seat class sales. So not only did they never market the 717, they cut AirTran's 717 order short by 50 aircraft. So they had to sell AirTran 737s at near-717 prices, to honor the contract -- part of the reason SouthWest bought AirTran, 737 options for dirt cheap. At the time, SouthWest had one of the oldest 737 fleets. It's also why SouthWest's 737-MAX order has been pushed back 5 years too.

The on-time departure rates (within 15 minutes scheduled) of 80-100 seat aircraft tend to be higher, with the AirTran 717 taking the top spot 3 years in a row, before they were bought by Southwest -- who leased the 717 to Delta. It is still the most desirable, used-resale 80-100 seat aircraft in the world, and even overlook the, now almost 'too old', 757 for the most desired, used aircraft.

Now challenging the dominance of the Embraer EJ series is the newly renamed Bombadier C-series, especially the 190/195, which -- again -- many airlines have been loading up on since the late '00s.

Ironically, with the whole Boeing non-sense (constantly using the US courts and WTO to inhibit competition), Bombardier sold a 51% share to AirBus, who is now making portions of their C-series in the US -- including none-too-far from myself in Birmingham, AL. As an even further irony, Boeing just bought Embraer -- to get the competitive EJ series to the C-series -- when they could have just kept making the 717.

So JetBlue's EJs -- like most 190/195s -- are largely are low cycle too, with an excellent departure rate (almost as good as the 717 was).

Now that was a good one! I'll give you credit for that one. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know why all the hate on Delta ITT. I was a loyal Northwest Airlines customer until the merger with Delta. At that time I began flying out west a lot, so I took the opportunity to switch to US Airways (so that I could connect through PHX). I have been loyal through the merger with American; but, my recent trip to Europe forced me to rethink things. I had such an abysmal experience on AA during the international legs (to and from). We were treated like second-rate citizens. Over the last few years, however, I've had the opportunity to fly Delta international first class (Ireland for the UCF game and western Canada/Alaska) and I came away thoroughly impressed. I haven't flown Delta domestically as much - really only opportunities to fly direct when it's not involving Atlanta (MSP, LGA, etc.) - but, I haven't had many, if any, poor experiences (in terms of service, schedule, etc.). That said, I've been an ardent defender of AA for years, but there really is no comparison. I just got my status match confirmation from Delta, so I've officially switched carriers.

Speaking of which, I just booked my vacation for next year!!!

Orlando to Colombo, Sri Lanka, and return Male, Maldives to Orlando, Qatar Airways Business Class with a nice little layover in the beautiful lounge in Doha... $175 round-trip and 140K AAdvantage Miles.
So many places to get fatter.

I don't know why all the hate on Delta ITT. I was a loyal Northwest Airlines customer until the merger with Delta. At that time I began flying out west a lot, so I took the opportunity to switch to US Airways (so that I could connect through PHX). I have been loyal through the merger with American; but, my recent trip to Europe forced me to rethink things. I had such an abysmal experience on AA during the international legs (to and from). We were treated like second-rate citizens. Over the last few years, however, I've had the opportunity to fly Delta international first class (Ireland for the UCF game and western Canada/Alaska) and I came away thoroughly impressed. I haven't flown Delta domestically as much - really only opportunities to fly direct when it's not involving Atlanta (MSP, LGA, etc.) - but, I haven't had many, if any, poor experiences (in terms of service, schedule, etc.). That said, I've been an ardent defender of AA for years, but there really is no comparison. I just got my status match confirmation from Delta, so I've officially switched carriers.
Whomever 'Big Airline' is/are contracted to Republic Air and several other, always bankrupting, codeshares is/are always the worst.

EDIT(thanx to @YouSeeEffer): Most of United's recent 'overbook' issues have been 100% Republic planes, aircrews and even gate staff, especially at locations where United has minimal (if any) direct staff.. Previously, American had a lot of them. Republic just came out bankruptcy ... again.

This is why I loved AirTran (the only, major low-cost carrier with Business Class, now gone), and now just 'deal' with Southwest. Regional airlines who do not use codeshares are best. They own their own pilots, planes and staff. JetBlue is yet another.

JetBlue's sole issue was the "we're going to stay on the runway until we get clearance" attitude, which they corrected back in '08.

Although here at BHM, Southwest has jacked up the prices from just BHM-MCO to $200-350/way! I used to drive over to ATL, but Frontier has come into BHM for $39-79/way, and flies Fri and Mon. They also go from BHM to DEN, and all points west (like LAS) for cheap too.

From MCO, consider Frontier if you're headed west. They are another A320 operator, with DEN as their major hub. They are a heavy baggage-fee revenue operator, but their flight costs make them worth considering.

Also ... Internationally ... still do not fly a 'Big Airline' domestic carrier either. Having just gone to Paris in June, I made the mistake of flying a domestic carrier. They literally do not know what they are doing, and kept bouncing me west (in the US) ... when I was trying to get to Europe! They do not have regular enough flights.

At least a foreign, national carrier will actually get you to Europe ... immediately, and non-stop, and not to an "US hub," that may be having issues.

Aer Lingus (Ireland) to DUB being the 'ultimate fallback.' Once in DUB, one can fly RyanAir anywhere around the EU. RyanAir staff are much nicer than typical domestic, as long as you take their baggage-fees seriously. RyanAir operates 737s.

Last edited:

I love AA simply because they still have the best rewards program, especially for international travel. Between Cathay Pacific and Qatar, in the OneWorld alliance, you can get pretty much anywhere. The only thing that sucks is getting to Europe because British Airways charges outrageous fees.

Whomever "Big Airline" is/are contracted to Republic Air and several other, always bankrupting, codeshares is/are always the worst. 100% of all of United's recent issues have been 100% Republic planes, aircrews and even gate staff. Previously, American had a lot of them. Republic just came out bankruptcy ... again.
Simply not true. While the doctor being dragged off the flight was Republic, the mom who was forced to hold her over-two-year old son in her lap (violating FAA rules) because her son's ticket was resold was on a United flight from IAH to BOS. The flight in which a child had to be rushed to Denver Children's Hospital because of overheating after sitting on the tarmac in DEN for over 2 hours was operated by Trans States. And let's not even get started on the incidents involving United airport employees getting into physical altercations with passengers.

Please explain.

As I've stated before, I avoid Delta just because of having to stop in Atlanta all the time from Orlando where AA's hub in Dallas really splits up a cross country flight well. Really, I'll fly whatever airline makes the most sense for the areas of the country I'm flying most.

I just flew Delta using miles for the first time in probably 6+ years due to the flight time and it being direct to Salt lake city. I was pleasantly surprised in the improvement.

Please explain.

As I've stated before, I avoid Delta just because of having to stop in Atlanta all the time from Orlando where AA's hub in Dallas really splits up a cross country flight well. Really, I'll fly whatever airline makes the most sense for the areas of the country I'm flying most.

I just flew Delta using miles for the first time in probably 6+ years due to the flight time and it being direct to Salt lake city. I was pleasantly surprised in the improvement.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/status-match-challenge.html

I called and the Delta rep directed me to the above link. I had to provide a current statement and proof of status on AA. Now I have to fly 12,500 miles within three months to maintain status on Delta. That said, Delta only gave me Gold although I'm Platinum/Platinum Pro on AA. I'm not sure if they'll increase it once I meet the challenge - the rules on that weren't clear.

Simply not true. While the doctor being dragged off the flight was Republic,
There were four (4) similar 'overbooking' incidents with Republic in just a six (6) month period. Republic simply doesn't care about United(R) branding. That's the case with a lot of 'oursourcing.'

This is also CNN's problem. All 24x7 cable networks outsource, but CNN has been a huge victim of contractors and 3rd parties violating their intergity standards, as they outsource the most of any major cable news, last time I checked. I actually defend CNN proper, and their C-level has been taking this problem seriously ... although they just can't control some things.

the mom who was forced to hold her over-two-year old son in her lap (violating FAA rules) because her son's ticket was resold was on a United flight from IAH to BOS.
IIRC, the gate agents that did this weren't United employees. Again, goes back to outsourcing. They don't care about the United(R) branding.

The flight in which a child had to be rushed to Denver Children's Hospital because of overheating after sitting on the tarmac in DEN for over 2 hours was operated by Trans States.
I'll look that up. Thanx for the reference.

And let's not even get started on the incidents involving United airport employees getting into physical altercations with passengers.
Well, I think the negative news helped increase that number, but that's another debate.

Please explain.
As I've stated before, I avoid Delta just because of having to stop in Atlanta all the time ...
ATL is now the largest/busiest airport with the least number of airlines calling it a 'major hub.' I believe it's just dropped to six (6) now ... where all others are easily double-digits (teens to 20+).

After a 4.5 hour delay, Jet Blue gave me a $100 credit/ticket. Nice gesture, but now I have to fly Jet Blue again...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT