ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs V. Tech

x5c0JgC.gif

Wonder where the next stop for the bus will be? After this, he should be done fooling programs and stealing their money

Reactions: Knight Strength
Enjoy what we have Knight fans, because these other Florida fanbases are not enjoying life right now. USF will join them after playing GT
Gators are feeling ok right now. We won't really know what we have for another 4 weeks when we play Miss State. Regardless, we are just happy that SwampDonkey is gone.

Reactions: Mikesi
Gators are feeling ok right now. We won't really know what we have for another 4 weeks when we play Miss State. Regardless, we are just happy that SwampDonkey is gone.
It’s all about the QB. Let’s see if Franks is that guy

Taggart was held under 30 points in 28 of his first 33 games at USF until Flowers took over and they went to a spread over his offense. Never won anything there (even a bowl) goes 7-6 at Oregon and he is one of the top coaching candidates. A sub .500 coach with no conference championships or bowl victories. Get on the bus.
Did he not coach in the Bham bowl vs USC in '16?

It’s all about the QB. Let’s see if Franks is that guy
That's what scares me. He just doesn't seem that bright. However, I think Mullen is a good enough coach to devise an offense that plays to his strengths. We'll see in a few weeks. We still have a LONG way to go before I would say we are a good team again. But we appear to be more disciplined, more organized, and have a better overall scheme. It's a great start.

That's what scares me. He just doesn't seem that bright. However, I think Mullen is a good enough coach to devise an offense that plays to his strengths. We'll see in a few weeks. We still have a LONG way to go before I would say we are a good team again. But we appear to be more disciplined, more organized, and have a better overall scheme. It's a great start.
Agreed. Mullen is a big upgrade. The Gators will go as far as Franks can take them this year. Only time will tell. If only Grier didn’t screw up!

He’s definitely done falling forward... he better make this opportunity work. Or else he’ll end back in the trenches at USF.
No thanks... Will take good ole Jim Leavitt back.... Ya guys remember him? 0-4 against him isn't it?

I really don’t see Willie T remaining at FSU for long at all. Are there any obvious choices right now for who they could go after next?

No thanks... Will take good ole Jim Leavitt back.... Ya guys remember him? 0-4 against him isn't it?

84871861.gif

And also remember that time you almost got laid?
Yeah, that was pretty sweet bro

Last edited:

With all the incredible things USF has done in the past decade , the 5 conference championships, 2 New Year day bowl wins, and your National Championship, you would think revisiting 0-4 would be redundant.

Oh wait, aren't you the school who hasn't done anything, ever? Even to the point of needing to re-brand yourself because you have no fans and no identity?

LOL heifers....

Reactions: UCFEMUP
Not really, that was sooo long ago. Two NY6 bowl wins and multiple conference championships have clouded our memories. I guess there is nothing preventing you from remembering you glory days?

USF has had their best run in program history and it amounted to nothing. No division championships, no conference championships, no big bowl games, no brand or buzz around the program, and no one wants to go to their games. I'm enjoying their "successful years."

Reactions: Knight_Light
Best stat of the night:

55% of FSU Offensive plays (35 of their 63 plays) went for zero or NEGATIVE yardage.

#wow

Hmmm, that doesn’t seem that insane. Seems like it’d happen a good percentage of the time a QB completes less than like 57% of his passes.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Best stat of the night:

55% of FSU Offensive plays (35 of their 63 plays) went for zero or NEGATIVE yardage.

#wow

Somebody earlier in this thread said that both teams stink, but I dont care how bad FSUs offense is, VTU has a legit defense.

Called coaching.

Va Tech D lost more than a few players to the NFL and their new players were outstanding.

They read plays even before QB pitched or three the ball and their 3 DL were quicker than FSU's 5 OL and sometimes 6 with TE.

Va Tech did enough offensively with good north/south running and using their tall WR to eat up smaller (but talented) FSU DB's.

Called coaching.

Va Tech D lost more than a few players to the NFL and their new players were outstanding.

They read plays even before QB pitched or three the ball and their 3 DL were quicker than FSU's 5 OL and sometimes 6 with TE.

Va Tech did enough offensively with good north/south running and using their tall WR to eat up smaller (but talented) FSU DB's.

Agreed. VaTech played a really aggressive and fast paced game. They blitzed from all over and were able to beat 1 on 1s all night. Pretty amazing for how young they are.

The meltdown over on the FSU board is pretty funny...
"This is the coaching issue people warned us about.
We look like idiots with the dancing and flashy uniforms but look like we haven’t practiced all camp."

USF has had their best run in program history and it amounted to nothing. No division championships, no conference championships, no big bowl games, no brand or buzz around the program, and no one wants to go to their games. I'm enjoying their "successful years."
And yet the sad thing is FSU Fans in my office want to know why we sent them our crappy coach. Smh

My personal favorite would be: tumble-up Taggart, but how about:

Wet Willie? Washout Willie? Won't coach in two years Willie? Woopsie Willie? Wooden headed Willie? Wash-out Willie? Willie the wreck? Worthless Willie? Wretched Willie? Woeful Willie? Woebegone Willie? Whack Willie? Tired Taggart? Trifling Taggart? Turd toes Taggart? Tragic Taggart? Terrible Taggart? Two good seasons Taggart? Tricky Taggart? Silly Willy? No dilly dilly Willie? Milli Vanilli Willie?

I think he has earned most of those.
Nodilly dilly Willie? Tops them all.

Reactions: Happy Hands
With all the incredible things USF has done in the past decade , the 5 conference championships, 2 New Year day bowl wins, and your National Championship, you would think revisiting 0-4 would be redundant.

Oh wait, aren't you the school who hasn't done anything, ever? Even to the point of needing to re-brand yourself because you have no fans and no identity?

LOL heifers....
You just killed that bulls fan with a lethal dose of reality.

Wonder if teams will deploy the VT strategy of faking injuries against us soon. With as fast as this Heupel offense likes to go, I expect this issue to surface this season.

Wonder if teams will deploy the VT strategy of faking injuries against us soon. With as fast as this Heupel offense likes to go, I expect this issue to surface this season.
Happened during UCONN game. After a play one player was standing but just laid down on the field. ATs came out and he got right up and off the field. This is pretty normal for defenses when they're being overwhelmed. Can only get away with it so much but it can help.
I remember a few years ago one defender sat down on the field, took his cleat off, and started to put it back on. One of the officials had to tell him to leave the field.

Happened during UCONN game. After a play one player was standing but just laid down on the field. ATs came out and he got right up and off the field. This is pretty normal for defenses when they're being overwhelmed. Can only get away with it so much but it can help.
I remember a few years ago one defender sat down on the field, took his cleat off, and started to put it back on. One of the officials had to tell him to leave the field.
Is there anything the refs can do if it happens after every single play?

They can call unsportsmanlike conduct but thats a dangerous road. Personally I think if this really is a problem then there needs to be a rule change: any injured player cant come back into the game for 5 minutes of gameplay.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

They can call unsportsmanlike conduct but thats a dangerous road. Personally I think if this really is a problem then there needs to be a rule change: any injured player cant come back into the game for 5 minutes of gameplay.

Or maybe the remainder of that current drive. It's a tough thing for sure, but if multiple guys start going down and it's suspected to slow down play there should at least be a way to charge a penalty for delay of game or charge timeouts.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Or maybe the remainder of that current drive. It's a tough thing for sure, but if multiple guys start going down and it's suspected to slow down play there should at least be a way to charge a penalty for delay of game or charge timeouts.
So this is interesting. Per last year’s rulebook (it’s free - https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4430-2016-and-2017-ncaa-football-rules-and-interpretations.aspx), there’s no penalty to be awarded, just a strongly worded warning that faking injury is unethical.

See pages FR11 (section g) and FR51(section b).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT