ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Bowl Thread!

I watched Oklahoma State - Tamu game last night. Oklahoma state won. But, Texas A&M must be stacked with players as hardly none of their starters played and the 3rd string qb got knocked out of the game during the first play. But, they were still in the game with a freshman Qb with no playing time. How did JImbo screw that up?

Tommy Guns has had had three bad games in a row going into the bowl game, passing. Around 55% with 2 TDs against 6 Ints. Also on a 3 game losing streak going into the bowl. For a first year guy, he's over 1,000 yds rushing and 11 TDs, though. That's impressive. As he matures, his passing numbers should get better and he should run a little less (or more targeted running). It'll be interesting to follow his progression next season.

The Fenway Bowl weather is 40s, raining, and 17 mph wind. Likely why both QBs have poor numbers.

Castellanos does look like he will get his first bowl win, against a 11 win team that was a 13 point favorite.

Miami. Of FL. Must distinguish. The OH Miami is a more accomplished Uni. And bigger. With their own stadium.

The lil Miami. Down south. Looks like they have all 13 fans attending.

Headed back crossways. Out. But it Still smells like that weird effeminate Bald Nurse dude. Or dudette. Or. Mizz dudette - just throw out your preferred effeminate pronouns. Don’t tell me. Woodwinds. Right? Dunno.

This is the weirdest board ever. The tranny YCF board that prefers fans of other teams. And posters of our team that play or lay for the other side.

Go knights.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
UCF and UM both losing a bowl game to a 6-6 team…

Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Avery Johnson the young QB for Kansas State is so impressive..didn’t force anything , threw the ball away when needed to avoid negative plays

Plumlee would have thrown 3 Interceptions vs this NC State defense and Timmy would have froze and taken a few 15 yard loss sacks.

Avery Johnson the young QB for Kansas State is so impressive..didn’t force anything , threw the ball away when needed to avoid negative plays

Plumlee would have thrown 3 Interceptions vs this NC State defense and Timmy would have froze and taken a few 15 yard loss sacks.
He looked very composed under pressure, looked like he casually found open space while looking down the field no frantic movements. Didn't seem to find open recievers enough, but he seems like he could become an elite QB

Watching these current and future B12 teams is really putting into perspective just how much this program has regressed. The returning players along with our latest recruiting class definitely make the right ingredients for a good season in ‘24, but my instinct is telling me another let down is on the horizon with the coaching staff remaining in place.

As far as the Duke's/PopTarts games were concerned, frankly I found it incredibly disburbing how much they kept pushing the products constantly, without pause. I get it, they are sponsors and want to sell, but sideline announcers eating the burgers of fans who just dipped them in mayo and fans chugging mayo shakes and announcers deleriously stuffing their faces with pop-tarts and showcasing the Poptart mascot 100x times more than school mascots....I thought the ESPN crews were either drunk or getting a comission on sales ffs or something.... i dunno, it was all a sickening display that took away from the game.

And the last thing this fat-f*ck country needs is to start force-feeding junkfood down our thoughts while watching a game in which we're already stuffing our faces.

Corporations finding a way to get even more pervasively in our minds.

get off my lawn!

at least the games were good!

Last edited:
I won some money on the Arizona - Oklahoma game last night! Bet it all on Zona. Oklahoma made it a game though. Cool that incoming Big12 team beats an outgoing Big12 team.

Greg Cote: Miami Hurricanes loss to Rutgers ends Cristobal’s Year 2 on downer as UM bowl woes continue​

Story by Greg Cote, Miami Herald • 15h

Watching these current and future B12 teams is really putting into perspective just how much this program has regressed. The returning players along with our latest recruiting class definitely make the right ingredients for a good season in ‘24, but my instinct is telling me another let down is on the horizon with the coaching staff remaining in place.
It’s hard to say if we have regressed or not. A move up to one of the most competitive P5 leagues (top to bottom) from a G5 program, lacking the depth and a shit defense…if anything, the Big12 bowl record should tell you how competitive and hard this league is. We were the only new incoming G5 member to make a bowl and we all know with a couple plays here and there we’d have 8-9 wins. But regressed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Saying we regressed is an overreaction.

Reactions: connerito
It’s hard to say if we have regressed or not. A move up to one of the most competitive P5 leagues (top to bottom) from a G5 program, lacking the depth and a shit defense…if anything, the Big12 bowl record should tell you how competitive and hard this league is. We were the only new incoming G5 member to make a bowl and we all know with a couple plays here and there we’d have 8-9 wins. But regressed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Saying we regressed is an overreaction.
Regressed hell.

UCF reGUSed!

• Dislike
Reactions: Shark19
As far as the Duke's/PopTarts games were concerned, frankly I found it incredibly disburbing how much they kept pushing the products constantly, without pause. I get it, they are sponsors and want to sell, but sideline announcers eating the burgers of fans who just dipped them in mayo and fans chugging mayo shakes and announcers deleriously stuffing their faces with pop-tarts and showcasing the Poptart mascot 100x times more than school mascots....I thought the ESPN crews were either drunk or getting a comission on sales ffs or something.... i dunno, it was all a sickening display that took away from the game.

And the last thing this fat-f*ck country needs to start force-feeding junkfood down our thoughts while watching a game in which we're already stuffing our faces.

get off my lawn!

at the games were good!
The excessive promotion of Pop tarts via announcers was really getting old, had no issue the first time they talked about it since almost everyone can reminisce having pop tarts as a kid. Then it just seemed like they had a quota to hit in terms of mentions throughout the game. Reminded me of the advertising bit in Wayne's World movie.

Did find the pop tart mascot funny though and was a good move.

I agree the uptick in competition in the Big12 is real, but looking at back to back bowl solid losses against ACC teams isn’t helping the case either. We seemed to have handled our own against out of conference games while in the later years of C-USA and AAC. Call it an overreaction, but I honestly don’t know if we had faced USF or Miami in a bowl game this year that we would’ve came out with a win either.

I agree the uptick in competition in the Big12 is real, but looking at back to back bowl solid losses against ACC teams isn’t helping the case either. We seemed to have handled our own against out of conference games while in the later years of C-USA and AAC. Call it an overreaction, but I honestly don’t know if we had faced USF or Miami in a bowl game this year that we would’ve came out with a win either.
I would say there is a legitimate concern that Malzahn wastes talent, but wins a game he shouldn't win out of the no where to give hope.

Similar to wins over Alabama, Oklahoma state is used as a see the team is so close to being elite. Yet, at the end of the season the team seems like its miles away from being competitive for any hardware.

And the last thing this fat-f*ck country needs is to start force-feeding junkfood down our thoughts while watching a game in which we're already stuffing our faces.

get off my lawn!

at least the games were good!
espn announcers seem offended that people say no one cares about these bowl games so they over compensate to defend them and over do it

the majority of them are tv inventory for studio show vacations during the Holidays

If the ball is throw forward, even underhand or for 6 inches, it is a forward pass. A lateral is anything thrown backwards.
I understand the rule. But during the game it happened so fast it looked like it was a handoff dropped. No whistle until after the entire play was dead. The ball went back 25 yards. Was a long play. The announcers didn’t know until they looked at replay.

Reactions: Chargeon2020
I understand the rule. But during the game it happened so fast it looked like it was a handoff dropped. No whistle until after the entire play was dead. The ball went back 25 yards. Was a long play. The announcers didn’t know until they looked at replay.
Gotcha.

The excessive promotion of Pop tarts via announcers was really getting old, had no issue the first time they talked about it since almost everyone can reminisce having pop tarts as a kid. Then it just seemed like they had a quota to hit in terms of mentions throughout the game. Reminded me of the advertising bit in Wayne's World movie.

Did find the pop tart mascot funny though and was a good move.
It’ll be great next year if they upgrade to a two-slot toaster, and it catapults two people in pop-tart suites through the goal posts. They could have a contest where they see who can throw pop-tarts the furthest….I bet it would be surprising how far you could wing one of those with the right technique.

Iowa State should have politicked to avoid playing a solid team in their home stadium for a Bowl game

You are weird as ****. It was a forward lateral. A long handoff. 2 feet in front of him.
Lets let Wiki explain it for you, son...

"In gridiron football, a lateral pass or lateral (officially backward pass in American football and onside pass in Canadian football) occurs when the ball carrier throws the football to a teammate in a direction parallel to or away from the opponents' goal line. A lateral pass is distinguished from a forward pass, in which the ball is thrown forward, towards the opposition's end zone. In a lateral pass the ball is not advanced, but unlike a forward pass a lateral may be attempted from anywhere on the field by any player to any player at any time."

...in which the ball is thrown FORWARD.

Someone needs to hit the fb books.

You seem to liken yourself as a know-it-all in your posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: U C to the F
Defensive battle going on. Missou 0 Ohio State 3 start of the 4th.
Of all the teams that were in playoff contention, Ohio State had one of the best claims. Only loss was by 6 points @ No. 1 Michigan. Yet OSU was never seriously considered.

But the Buckeyes are the only as good as their third string QB.

How would UCF have looked with Xavier Williams or Dylan Rizk at QB against Tech?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT