ADVERTISEMENT

GAMEDAY

People on Soundoff made a good point:

If they don’t open tailgating for the full length of memory mall at 8 am then it will look fairly dead when they pan out from the gameday set. Directly behind the stage will be packed but they do a skycam and it will look empty if people aren’t tailgating towards the arena
sounds like tailgating isn't happening that early so people need to show up for game day......

you know our fanbase has some dbags when everyone is begging on twitter to not turn Gameday into a booing and tomato throwing session if they don't kiss UCF's ass for 3 hours. And they are correct, just celebrate UCF and show the nation how fun 'this place' is.

I kind of disagree. We can’t play the heel and then when they throw us a bone we should all of the sudden kiss their feet and like they have been praising us.

Playful booing and funny signs are good entertainment for both sides. SVP made a joke about Herbie making it out alive and the Herbie poster with the national champs hat got laughs from the crew.

Reactions: AAC6800 and UCFBS
I can't make it to campus in time for Gameday. Will someone please make this bad boy?

f03e45.jpg

Last edited:
Herbstreit is a Vet at this, he will implement the human shield and have one of his kids on the stage with a UCF shirt on

Reactions: UCFhonors
So UCF realized that without tents and people filling in the space behind the crowds that it would look empty. Smart move by UCF

Smart move would be to open all tailgating at sunrise.

I think the campus will likely look dead on overheads and panning. Even late in the broadcast...open container is still at 2. I think admin is blowing it by keeping the admirals rules in place.

Smart move would be to open all tailgating at sunrise.

I think the campus will likely look dead on overheads and panning. Even late in the broadcast...open container is still at 2. I think admin is blowing it by keeping the admirals rules in place.
It could be so there is no drinking on College Gameday, I don’t recall if I’ve ever seen people drinking beers on the show. But then again I’m not looking for that. All you need to do is add vodka to a Gatorade bottle. Or rum to a coke bottle.....

Reactions: UCFhonors
It could be so there is no drinking on College Gameday, I don’t recall if I’ve ever seen people drinking beers on the show. But then again I’m not looking for that. All you need to do is add vodka to a Gatorade bottle. Or rum to a coke bottle.....

Yeah, could be...haven’t really paid attention...and it is 9 am with earlier start.

What I was getting at was memory mall and the surrounding lots. Will be empty of ppl (except at the GD end) and parked cars in the lots without tons of tents and ppl tailgating.

Yeah, I saw that. Do you think ppl will set up without full tailgating ability (no open container)? I hope so! Just wasn’t thinking they would...in large numbers.
Maybe, maybe not. But if they don't, they wont reserve a spot on MM for later in the day. Perhaps that will influence.

Or at least drink with an easy-going pace. You can drink without getting hammered. Wait a sec, it's college, no, no you can't.

Yeah, I saw that. Do you think ppl will set up without full tailgating ability (no open container)? I hope so! Just wasn’t thinking they would...in large numbers.
No open container means put it in a solo cup. Just like 18 year olds do or sorority girls wearing their letters.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
So UCF realized that without tents and people filling in the space behind the crowds that it would look empty. Smart move by UCF

Dude...they probably won't have 300 plus yd views of the field...as most of the time, Game Day crowds look like this:
Washington State last month: (In a small area but still had a huge crowd for this 6 AM start)

Gameday_Aerial_Photo.0.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_10_20_at_9.19.10_AM.1539959922.png

Crowd at FSU in 2013:
Fullscreen-capture-1122013-82436-AM.jpg

At TCU:
12876861.jpeg

At James Madison in 2015 (they returned again to JMU in 2017)
GameDay_Aerial.jpg

Tiny invisible crowd show up in Louisville prior to their game vs Clemson in 2017
louisville-gameday.jpg

Small crowd showed up for Game Day at LSU prior to their game vs Bama in 2012
CGSGGOYKBJNVBNZ.20121103183145.jpg

Last edited:
Dude...they probably won't have 300 plus yd views of the field...as most of the time, Game Day crowds look like this:
Washington State last month: (In a small area but still had a huge crowd for this 6 AM start)

Gameday_Aerial_Photo.0.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_10_20_at_9.19.10_AM.1539959922.png

Crowd at FSU in 2013:
Fullscreen-capture-1122013-82436-AM.jpg

At TCU:
12876861.jpeg

At James Madison in 2015 (they returned again to JMU in 2017)
GameDay_Aerial.jpg

Tiny invisible crowd show up in Louisville prior to their game vs Clemson in 2017
louisville-gameday.jpg

Small crowd showed up for Game Day at LSU prior to their game vs Bama in 2012
CGSGGOYKBJNVBNZ.20121103183145.jpg
They use the skycam quite a bit and yes it pans a good ways behind the pit area. Every single one of those pictures except the last the stage is strategically put in a confined area. There’s a reason. And why else did UCF ask people to bring tents on Friday and guarantee people would be with them at 8am Sat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT