ADVERTISEMENT

Games in Week 4

Willie might need another good recruiting year to get the horses he needs to compete with Houston. Would rather see Tulane win, but I think Houston has better players right now. Also rooting for Wisconsin over Michigan and SMU over TCU.

SMU win over TCU would be huge for the conference. Also Georgia plays Notre Dame.... while Alabama has Southern Miss lined up. They should drop them down in the polls from number 3 for scheduling New Mexico State and S Miss. If you brag that your the best why schedule easy wins. Drop games like that end the season earlier and expand the playoff. No one is excited for them playing S Miss. Just my opinion, but I get tired of the pundits saying they play to many games to expand the playoffs. :sunglasses:

SMU win over TCU would be huge for the conference. Also Georgia plays Notre Dame.... while Alabama has Southern Miss lined up. They should drop them down in the polls from number 3 for scheduling New Mexico State and S Miss. If you brag that your the best why schedule easy wins. Drop games like that end the season earlier and expand the playoff. No one is excited for them playing S Miss. Just my opinion, but I get tired of the pundits saying they play to many games to expand the playoffs. :sunglasses:
SMU at 3-0 is still a mystery team to me. They're averaging over 40 points per game with another Mike Leach protege Sonny Dykes. A SMU win on the road should get them ranked, but it probably won't.

Would also like to see Stanford beat Oregon to make UCF's win look stronger. All teams we beat need to win later for the colley matrix points their wins add to UCF's score. Still our only hope for a unbiased legitimate Natty.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Boise State and Utah lose tomorrow night’s late games. We need this to happen to solidify our position if we are lucky enough to run the table and go undefeated this year. I’m kind of have mixed feelings as I truly have no contempt for either team and I’m hoping for losses purely for UCF’s sake.

Last edited:
Ah, Thursday night football...

Unfortunately my work schedule starts at 5 am so I probably won't stay awake

I’d like to see Boise State and Idaho lose tomorrow night’s late games. We need this to happen to solidify our position if we are lucky enough to run the table and go undefeated this year. I’m kind of have mixed feelings as I truly have no contempt for either team and I’m hoping for losses purely for UCF’s sake.
Idaho is FCS now. Why do you want them to lose?

I’d like to see Boise State and Idaho lose tomorrow night’s late games. We need this to happen to solidify our position if we are lucky enough to run the table and go undefeated this year. I’m kind of have mixed feelings as I truly have no contempt for either team and I’m hoping for losses purely for UCF’s sake.
Boise always seems to be hanging around waiting for UCF to slip on a banana peel. UCF has been blocking their return to major bowl glory, and hopefully that continues.

Boise could get some glory back by winning the colley matrix rankings, and claiming a natty. They are currently the best positioned G5 to win The Matrix rankings, currently #8.

Wonder if Boise has the audacity to claim a natty if they top a major selectors poll. Danny showed the way for others to follow if they dare.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Boise always seems to be hanging around waiting for UCF to slip on a banana peel. UCF has been blocking their return to major bowl glory, and hopefully that continues.

Boise could get some glory back by winning the colley matrix rankings, and claiming a natty. They are currently the best positioned G5 to win The Matrix rankings, currently #8.

Wonder if Boise has the audacity to claim a natty if they top a major selectors poll. Danny showed the way for others to follow if they dare.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

No they would take the **** sandwich the P5 gives them and thank them for it.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Houston is royally pissed about the season and will take it out on Tulane.
Pretty ballsy of Houston to schedule the pirate (Leach) and his first mate (Riley) in the same year. They did manage to score 55 points on two good bets for conference champions. Houston's new coach is also a Leach trained swashbuckler so it could get messy on deck.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Looking at Friday night games, is there any chance Air Force can knock off Boise? Air force is 2-0, but going against a 7 point spread and playing a blue turf home game for Boise... :sunglasses:

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Houston/Tulane game starts in 20 minutes. ESPN sportscenter just discussed UCF chances to get in CFP. They all smirked. They said Stanford and Pitt will need to find some wins to make UCF wins look good. Geezus H Christ, they never say that about other teams. They also said Notre Dame has to lose. Ugh. The cards are stacked against us no doubt.

UCF vs The World

Reactions: Lurky
Sports center also said; "more teams need to be ranked in the American conference. People pay attention to conferences with ranked teams." WELL! we all know how that bias works just look at Temple beating Maryland and still not ranked. :sunglasses:

Great win for Tulane. What a come back. Houston had some chances to win but their receivers dropped some key passes. One was in the end zone, in the receivers hands and out that would have won the game. Tulane hung tough to the end and pulls out the victory. Kudos to the small gathering of tulane fans that stayed to the end to witness that!

Houston swung for the fences this year with their schedule and wasn’t up for the challenge

Now they are sitting at 3 losses

Reactions: knight_tracker
Houston's Qb is really good. A gamer. Fast runner and pretty good passer. His problem is that their defense is miserable and his receivers drop passes that are right in their hands. That has to be frustrating. At times Coach Holgorsen had that dear-gawd-what-have-I-done look. He has some recruiting to do.

I pretty much watched the whole game last night. Minus parts of the 3rd, and the mid-4th. Both teams will not present a challenge to UCF in my opinion.

Tulane's Qb is pretty good. Looks NFL ready. The team played with passion. But...its tulane. They ain't beating UCF this year.

Looking at Friday night games, is there any chance Air Force can knock off Boise? Air force is 2-0, but going against a 7 point spread and playing a blue turf home game for Boise... :sunglasses:
Boise State had a hard time beating Marshall on the blue turf 14-7. Air Force coming off a nice road win against Colorado 30-23, averaging 6.1 yards per carry through two games. Colley ranks Marshall #64, Colorado #40. Thinking Air Force has a good chance to win this game.

I looked at his stat line and at one point he was like 5-16 for 120 yards

That’s vs the terrible defense that you just mentioned
I don't see an NFL future for him just yet. He made some good throws but he also whiffed on a lot of easy ones. Seemed like he wasn’t able to hit his marks when he was on the run.

Tough kid, though. Was a handful when he was running. Reminded me a bit of Mack.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Let it be known, I'm not a very good nfl qb talent scout! I thought he looked good. But, yes, just looked at his stats which aren't good. He looked good in the 2nd half. Or, maybe houston's defense looked soft.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
No hurricanes to worry about in week 4. I guess it only happens when UCF has a home game.:sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT