ADVERTISEMENT

Getting rid of Tier 2 Nike for Tier 1 Adidas?

Let’s hope not. Too plain. Nebraska’s too. Basically just a plain ass Jersey in school color.
This. Adidas uniforms are all super boring. Some schools like a classic/plain look but if Oregon went Adidas the teams appearance would take a major hit. As will ours. And there's no amount of contract money that will make recruits like Adidas.

On the topic of money, someone explain this to me. If we're talking about a 10 year, $100 million dollar deal. Is that 10 mill cash or is that just the value of the uniforms, equipment, and services they provide?

Last edited:
So are we saying that no one at UCF has the ability to say, or willingness to say, 'These unis are crap, try again'? Wouldn't we, as the consumer, have the ability to UGLY?

We taking millions have no say? Think about it. If schools get actual $$$, the schools must be loaded with idiots that take any crap offered.

(willing to be told the reality) There are 2 parties in the agreement.

260edde3-2eb4-45f2-af71-2926a728b1bc-E-doai1WQAkYF9H.jpeg

Is indiana tier 1?
No, and by the looks of these fugly mothers neither is Indinia!

Reactions: Lurky
On the topic of money, someone explain this to me. If we're talking about a 10 year, $100 million dollar deal. Is that 10 mill cash or is that just the value of the uniforms, equipment, and they provide?
It’s the total value. Equipment and money combined. The bonuses to HC and AD are the things that would matter to them. They don’t care about uniforms when they get checks.

This. Adidas uniforms are all super boring. Some schools like a classic/plain look but if Oregon went Adidas the teams appearance would take a major hit. As will ours. And there's no amount of contract money that will make recruits like Adidas.
To be fair Oregon is Nike's flagship school and its #1 top priority. Nike shoes started at Oregon with its track coach. So that will always be its crown jewel. IDK how high up UCF ranks with Nike seems after Frost left we have gotten nothing new. If Adidas made us its top priority does it change things? I know what it looked like back in the day but Oleary had his bland thumb over everything and would not let anything fun or creative happen.

Reactions: Knight Strength
See what Nike counters with before doing anything.
Exactly. In any negotiation, especially one in the public eye, utilizing competitors against your supplier only makes the supplier put up or shut up. I’m thinking our brand is rising, Nike knows it. Could be using Adidas to broker a better deal, let’s hope so.

Reactions: Vike Knight
Miami and Louisville isn't bad and also has much better clothes to buy. IDK I never seen a huge jump in clothing and hats to buy. Seems Miami has more to choose from. If we are Adidas top priority maybe it improves the shelves for the fans.

I don't care what brand we wear. However, I do think we have some of the best uniforms in CFB with nike. If adidas will allow people at UCF to continue to make cool uniform combinations, I'm fine with adidas!

Why? Seems like increased Merch sales raise money and brand awareness. You mean lower than direct payments and player comfort? Or lower than what?
I mean lower than our uniforms appeal to recruits, cash to the athletic department, marketing visibility, etc.

I actually think Adidas pulls off these simpler looks just as well as Nike.

It's the more detailed looks they're missing. OKST has some nice ones (for those looking for a reference other than Oregon)

OR what looked like the deep purple (black) uniforms for the last second 7-6 loss to Liberty (1995). They probably burned them, never saw them again.

As long as they don’t go back to the urine colored “gold” then I’m fine with adidas
During our last game‘s broadcast, they showed a photo of Leger Douzable wearing our old uniform combo and it was totally cringe worthy! I’m so glad we don’t have to witness those crappy-ass unis any longer.
Frosts influence with Nike’s Phil Knight and adding names on the jerseys was a huge boost for our players and potential recruits. O”Leary was just too obtuse to see how important these things are with today’s youth.
Most fans are much happier about these changes too and we understand the benefit of having exciting uniform combos revealed before each game.
And I should also add… UCF Marketing has improved by leaps and bounds in recent years.
GO KNIGHTS - CHARGE ON!

So our apparel deal is up after 2022 so negotiations will be happening at some point this year. Anybody got any new news on this? Wonder how the B12 invite will impact our deal? I'm assuming we're gonna get a hefty bump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT