ADVERTISEMENT

Going to UNC game, looking for pointers

cocoabeachjason

Bronze Knight
Sep 15, 2013
Some buddies and I will be up in Chapel Hill in downtown for the Friday and Saturday of the UNC game weekend and going to the game. Anyone know that area? Looking for recommendations for restaurants, bars, and other things of interest to do.

In you want something to do there have been plenty of protests on campus the last several months. You may even see a statue torn down
The only place anyone’s recommended for bars is Franklin Street on the north side of campus

Reactions: Mikesi
In you want something to do there have been plenty of protests on campus the last several months. You may even see a statue torn down
The only place anyone’s recommended for bars is Franklin Street on the north side of campus
That’s what I’ve heard. It’s basically Franklin Street with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. We are pretty much hitting that street on Friday, and on Saturday going to the tailgate, game, then watch more games. I don’t think that there’s as much to see as say D.C., Annapolis, and even Memphis (Graceland). I’m thinking that it’s more like an Ann Arbor which is fine.

Man that’s too bad. I was really hoping to see some beautiful tributes to treasonous racist torturers and murderers of black people. So sad I’ll miss that.

I’ll be about a block off Franklin St in the thick of it. Any UCF “gatherings” in any of the bars for Friday or Saturday after the game?

Make sure you and your friends stick together, Chapel Hill is a very rough area and the people there take football very seriously. Also, the men there wear very short khaki shorts and boat shoes, so you might want to pick some up to blend in better. Keep some Chardonnay in your cooler to offer as tribute in case any toughs get in your face, but it better be Napa valley or you're going to have a fight on your hands.

Reactions: cocoabeachjason
Make sure you and your friends stick together, Chapel Hill is a very rough area and the people there take football very seriously. Also, the men there wear very short khaki shorts and boat shoes, so you might want to pick some up to blend in better. Keep some Chardonnay in your cooler to offer as tribute in case any toughs get in your face, but it better be Napa valley or you're going to have a fight on your hands.

Khakis, polos, and boat shoes are the NC version of the brass knuckle neck tattoo, so I will be cowering like a beat dog I imagine.

I am road tripping the fam up to Chapel Hill. Hoping thousands of Knight Nation are in the stands! Staying in Durham about 20 mins away.

8-9 hours to bring it to the ACC? Oh yeah....

My party will probably be at the Applebees bar though, repping on Franklin Street does sound good.

Class of 1993

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT