ADVERTISEMENT

Great news!!!

I got no problem with where OSU is ranked. They are 9-1. Yeah, they have a bad loss but it is a road conference game. Sure, maybe they should be down a few more positions at this point but it's not "crazy" where they are ranked.

I don't think there is enough emphasis put on conference games, especially road conference games. I think your conference slate is much tougher than your OOC schedule, because there is history, and OOC games are early in the season when teams are trying to figure out what they are. The bloodbath of the previous two weeks clearly shows how difficult it is to win conference road games.

I also don't think there is enough emphasis being put on our 22 game winning streak. Not only have we found ways to win, we've done it in the middle of turning over the entire program's staff, as well as implementing new offensive and defensive schemes, and losing 7 guys that have taken NFL snaps this season. If any P5 school were doing this those bafoons would be praising that team 24/7, and rightfully so.
Agree. This we don't count last years results were specifically put in avoid another insurgency from below, like TCU and Utah. DW's not playing along.

Frost's system requires a smart QB. I think they have that in Martinez. Everyone remember what happened when we first put Milton in? We got stomped. But we ended with 6-6. The question I have is whether or not Frost has the juice to pull some skilled players to Lincoln. As much as those guys hate to admit it, it is not a big draw. Playing B10 football is, but playing it in Lincoln is not what the half-crazed fringe thinks it is.

Lincoln has never been a big draw for skill position players. That being said, in 2 months of recruiting last year Frost brought in a top qb and a top rb, and has done the same this year. What ball carrier wouldn't want to play in this system?

Frost most definitely won't win the B10 next year. He'll need a much better defense which will take another recruiting cycle and some experience. But he will probably be in the championship game in year 3. He has cut out the cancer and will start to build that brotherhood like he did here.

The B10 west is one of the worst divisions. He doesn't have to have playoff team to accomplish that.

Frost most definitely won't win the B10 next year. He'll need a much better defense which will take another recruiting cycle and some experience. But he will probably be in the championship game in year 3. He has cut out the cancer and will start to build that brotherhood like he did here.

The B10 west is one of the worst divisions. He doesn't have to have playoff team to accomplish that.
I agree about the defense, but they still have to get ahead of Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue and Nortwestern. All teams with as good or better coaches and equal or better recruiting

The defense will take years to figure out, because he’s going to hang onto Chinander for years.

What ball carrier wouldn't want to play in this system?
Typical Cornholio. Always avoiding discussing the defense

NGEbraska is 107th in total defense and 103rd in scoring defense.

I’m sure we aren’t much better but...

Last edited:
......still went undefeated
I’ll concede that NGEbraska has improved if they can beat just a mediocre and overrated Michigan State team at home this weekend, but as I have said all along:

1) I predicted 6-6

2) NGEbraska isn’t relevant until they go to the CCG yearly. Not necessarily win it. Like 9-3 or 10-2. That’s an improvement, but still not good enough for the fanbase. The defense is terrible. Once again, this team was 7-0 and ranked #7 in 2016 at a point, so that’s much better than anything now or expected next year.

I’ll concede that NGEbraska has improved if they can beat just a mediocre and overrated Michigan State team at home this weekend, but as I have said all along:

1) I predicted 6-6

2) NGEbraska isn’t relevant until they go to the CCG yearly. Not necessarily win it. Like 9-3 or 10-2. That’s an improvement, but still not good enough for the fanbase. The defense is terrible. Once again, this team was 7-0 and ranked #7 in 2016 at a point, so that’s much better than anything now or expected next year.
There isnt a husker fan out there that thought the 2016 team was a top 10 team. That was an aberration.

I have no problem with SF and wish him well. I think NEB will return to a top 1/2 B10 program with him. I doubt they ever are an elite program again. With or without him.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Every time this title is used, totally non-descript, here's going to be my response ...

GEICO-amphibian-e1522830610224.jpg

Reactions: Mikesi
Did anyone think a 6-7 UCF team was going to go undefeated the next year and win a national championship?

Of course not.

Don’t discount what this dude can do and how bad the Big 10 West is.

Reactions: UCFBS
Did anyone think a 6-7 UCF team was going to go undefeated the next year and win a national championship?

Of course not.

Don’t discount what this dude can do and how bad the Big 10 West is.
Can’t compare apples and oranges. Additionally, you have to be lucky to go undefeated.

The Big 10 West is better than the AAC east in most years. The talent disparity is much less and mediocre Gameday coaches get exposed Has happened to Frost in 2-3 games now

Oh.. then there’s the CCG. A healthy dose of Michigan, Penn State it Ohio State every year.

I’ve been hearing the same thing about NGEbraska for 20 years. I’ll believe the hype when I see it. Until then, it’s a bunch of empty predictions based on past success. Just like Chip Kelly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT