ADVERTISEMENT

Gus' bad QB decision, 1 weapon offense, no discipline team, defense like last year and

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
a national embarrassment at home tonight is enough for me.

Gus is not the coach to take us forward. His play calling sucks (where's this genius), his QB choices suck.

After 3 years, I'm convinced he cannot advance us forward.

His bullsh*t answers after tragedies like tonight are lame and over.

We have no passing game, so the defense never has to line up outside the box.

The offensive line is terrible. Defense is right back to where it was last year....here we go.

Honestly, we may not win another game this season. Gus had 2 weeks to prepare for this Shit show!

I know a lot of UCF fans and alumni hate Dillon Gabriel but I miss his skills. UCF had awesome success with our Hawaiian QB's. KZ and DG. I remember our road game in Louisville and DG's injury. A bad look for Malzahn and UCF at that particular time. Hawaiian players have a warrior spirit. BYU was successful for years because they recruited badass and tough Island boys.

I know a lot of UCF fans and alumni hate Dillon Gabriel but I miss his skills. UCF had awesome success with our Hawaiian QB's. KZ and DG. I remember our road game in Louisville and DG's injury. A bad look for Malzahn and UCF at that particular time. Hawaiian players have a warrior spirit. BYU was successful for years because they recruited badass and tough Island boys.
Totally! Jefferson is slow, can't pass. This ancient type offense with this QB is a joke. Another bad decision by Malzan. Every team, including florida, knows to load the box on defense. Jefferson can't throw. And Gus' play calling is the same as huepel, run, run, pass punt. And what a waste of good receivers too.

O Line is good but not in pass pro. When we get down we have to throw and O line isn’t great and KJ is erratic with throws. Not a good recipe.

Reactions: Yaes
Seems like the ball skills of the DBs is a problem. When they've been in position to make a play on the ball at TCU and against CU they couldn't break up the pass. Really disappointing and has led to several TDs that could have been prevented.

Seems like the ball skills of the DBs is a problem. When they've been in position to make a play on the ball at TCU and against CU they couldn't break up the pass. Really disappointing and has led to several TDs that could have been prevented.
truly horrendous ball skills. i hate watching them play. also DBs who start off with a 10 yard cushion and keep retreating so that they maintain the 10 yard cushion are cowards. that might work in practice because KJ is not accurate, but in real games any competent QB will just look at that and say easy pickings.

Last edited:
Reactions: connerito
The bottom line is that this is Year 4 for Gus and it's clear that he's not building a program. A large part of the problem is this antiquated, run-heavy offense that bores fans and players.

The other thing that jumps off the page is UCF's horrendous turnover margin under Gus, which has gone from bad to worse. Only 3 fumble recoveries all last season, ZERO fumble recoveries so far this season. There aren't many stats that determine wins or losses more than turnover differential, and we suck at it.

2021 -- 4 losses
2022 -- 5 losses
2023 -- 7 losses
2024 -- ??

Headed the wrong direction.

Reactions: KnightDiver21
Yeah. That first Colorado TD blew my mind. Was in position to get an interception and didn't play the ball at all.

Reactions: Yaes
@akhenaten: "A large part of the problem is this antiquated, run-heavy offense that bores fans and players."

This was the same exact thing fans said about GOL and now it seems like the board sees him as the second-coming.

The bottom line is that this is Year 4 for Gus and it's clear that he's not building a program. A large part of the problem is this antiquated, run-heavy offense that bores fans and players.

The other thing that jumps off the page is UCF's horrendous turnover margin under Gus, which has gone from bad to worse. Only 3 fumble recoveries all last season, ZERO fumble recoveries so far this season. There aren't many stats that determine wins or losses more than turnover differential, and we suck at it.

2021 -- 4 losses
2022 -- 5 losses
2023 -- 7 losses
2024 -- ??

Headed the wrong direction.

7. That’s your answer.

@akhenaten: "A large part of the problem is this antiquated, run-heavy offense that bores fans and players."

This was the same exact thing fans said about GOL and now it seems like the board sees him as the second-coming.
GOL absolutely ran a boring offense and it was maddening at times. But:

1) He was working with a roster of 2-star players and limited team speed;
2) He had a ball-hawking defense that was exceptional at creating turnovers;
3) He coached here in an era when you could win with a game-manager at QB and a great defense.

None of those things apply to Gus in 2024.

I wouldn't say anyone sees GOL as a second coming. We lost way too many games under GOL. but, he did advance the program significantly. My opinion 😊

Long time Knight fans have not forgotten about the miserable years of GOL offense. He achieved our greatest success when he turned the offense over to Charlie Taaffe. Both here and at Auburn, Gus has shown that he cannot give up control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT