ADVERTISEMENT

Gus needs to swallow his pride and hire

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
that POS Jeremy Pruitt. I hate the guy. He is so much like saban it makes me sick. He is rotten to the core and will frequent every bar and strip club in Orlando.

But he is the best recruiter, best talent evaluator, and best overall DC hire available and could change UCF's trajectory in the Big12 forever.

There isn't anyone close to his level. Two national titles at two different schools as a DC in a span of five/six years is unheard of.

The media is trying to rebuild his image. Gus needs to invite the devil to Orlando. He will be right at home with Disney

I have given that some thought. I don’t know that Frost would want to come back after being head coach. It would be like excepting a demotion. Also, how would the dynamics be between him and Malzahn. However, if he was given some assurance that he would be given a look for head coach after Malzahn retires, then it may work.

Reactions: Becca_R_40
You need an OC for game planning at the very least....position coaches need to concentrate on teaching and development.

If Gus is going to continue calling plays, then save the money and don’t hire an offensive coordinator. That way you can increase the pay of your other coaches to keep them around… If they’re any good
We need a proven DC not only to retain the gokd current recruits but to also put them in a position to dominate.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
We need young, creative, energetic, hungry coaches looking to make an impact on the college football world.
If Gus did go the young gun route, two guys that should get the first calls are Wisconsin run game coordinator Bobby April, son of the legendary special teams coach, or Baylor outside linebackers coach Caleb Collins, who isn't ready. Either way, I would definitely pluck someone off the Dave Aranda coaching tree.

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bobby-april/1981

EDIT: Travis Williams made $600k at UCF. Barry Odom made $1.85 million. The Knights MUST do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
that POS Jeremy Pruitt. I hate the guy. He is so much like saban it makes me sick. He is rotten to the core and will frequent every bar and strip club in Orlando.

But he is the best recruiter, best talent evaluator, and best overall DC hire available and could change UCF's trajectory in the Big12 forever.

There isn't anyone close to his level. Two national titles at two different schools as a DC in a span of five/six years is unheard of.

The media is trying to rebuild his image. Gus needs to invite the devil to Orlando. He will be right at home with Disney

Dude take your hick ass back to your shitty barn board

If Gus did go the young gun route, two guys that should get the first calls are Wisconsin run game coordinator Bobby April, son of the legendary special teams coach, or Baylor outside linebackers coach Caleb Collins, who isn't ready. Either way, I would definitely pluck someone off the Dave Aranda coaching tree.

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bobby-april/1981

EDIT: Travis Williams made $600k at UCF. Barry Odom made $1.85 million. The Knights MUST do better.

Agree. More money coming next year. Perhaps he couldn't wait?

Just let KZ hold the reigns of OC :) wish it could happen but Gus would get an earful from his staff.

Let’s look at who this hillbilly moron suggests for dc:

Randy Shannon(clearly this ****tard doesn’t know UCF history)

Charlie Strong(lol)

Geoff Collins(double lol)

Brian VanGorder(LMMMMMAO VANGORDER SUCKS)

Lorenzo Ward(are you naturally this stupid?)

Vance Bedford(who the cook is this guy)

Doug Belk(Houston d was trash this year.)

Wesley McGriff( enough shit Auburn hicks)

Jimmy Lake,(this is fine)

Jess Simpson(no)

Todd Grantham(are you always this retarded? Grantham is garbage)

Bob Shoop(no seriously you’re a ****ing retard for this suggestion.)

Glenn Schumann(he’s Uga dc you fat hick)

Charlie Strong(lol)

Jess Simpson(no)

Randy Shannon and VanGorder are jokes. Gus fired Shannon the minute he stepped off the plane in Orlando. VanGorder is DC'ing at a high school in Mobile.

The others are actually legit.

C-Listers
Charlie Strong was a candidate for the DC post at Arkansas.
Bradford did a good job at Texas but is semi-retired.
Ward is at Chattanooga I think.

B-Listers
Belk is highly respected and his defense was considered the best in the AAC in the preseason.
McGriff didn't wow as a DC at Ole Miss, but he is an excellent secondary guy, who could shore up that area.
Jess Simpson would take the job if offered and is well respected in Georgia and Florida.
Grantham is available and so is Christian Robinson--so it would be a 2-for-1. He would not be any worse than TWill.
Shoop is highly respected, but his best days may be behind him.

A-Listers
Jimmy Lake, Jeremy Pruitt, Glen Schumann, and Jim Leonhard are all GRAND SLAM hires.

Schumann is a co-DC in name only at Georgia. Will Muschamp is the real DC.

UPDATE: Paul Rhoads took over for BVG at the Mobile high school when BVG took over American Heritage: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...eplaces-brian-vangorder-on-hs-coaching-staff/

Ryan schneider for OC?
You don’t hire a high school coach at a so-called major program to run your entire defense. That would be a multiple-level promotion and you don’t know how they are going to handle the expectations and responsibilities. That’s a good way to have things blow up in your face.

Reactions: Yaes and Wings0fred

Charlie Strong(lol)

Jess Simpson(no)

In retrospect, Gus should have listened to this hick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT