ADVERTISEMENT

Hamilton done the season?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wouldn't be a ligament .because he felt pain immediately? Or is that a break you don't feel immediately?

Hoping against hope he's ok, but getting carted off the field strapped to the gurney is a bad sign

Hamilton right in front of me. Definitely not a knee. Walking with crutches with a cast on foot/ankle.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Hamilton is still a big loss, even if he is out for only a few games.

Hope he can come back this aeason.

Wow. That's relatively good news. Second season in a row he's escaped a devastating injury with a serious scare. That should not end his season

Reactions: KnightLife1
he was in very good spirits after the game. All smiles, and said he'll be back better than ever, thanked all of us for wishing him well. He's a really nice kid and I hope the best for him. If he can't suit up anytime soon, I have no doubt he'll be pushing and supporting his teammates.

he was in very good spirits after the game. All smiles, and said he'll be back better than ever, thanked all of us for wishing him well. He's a really nice kid and I hope the best for him. If he can't suit up anytime soon, I have no doubt he'll be pushing and supporting his teammates.

Totally. Has had a great attitude since he stepped on campus. Easy to root for him.

Reactions: Mikesi
Heard he had surgery to make sure the joint is stable and it may be around a month until he's back.

Dam, hes out, medically redshirtting the year.
I'm sure they're letting Cordarrian Richardson share practice with Taj and the first string.
Clearly they planned to redshirt BENTAVIOUSTHOMPSON, but perhaps they could see if after 2 months of practice, he could have be considered. He's the only other bigger back on the roster (6-1, likely near 200 lbs by now):
HIGH SCHOOL
• Played for head coach Billy Rolle at Miami Southridge High School
• Ranked as No. 35 prospect in South Florida by CBS Miami Channel 4
• Rushed for close to 900 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior
Helped lead Southridge to 2016 Florida Class 8A State Championship
• Earned three stars from 247, ranking No. 32 as a running back and No. 79 in Florida
• Received three stars from ESPN, ranking No. 39 among running backs and No. 82 in Florida
• Earned three stars from Rivals, ranking No. 25 as a running back
Anyone know anything more about Thompson?

bummer
DKl_u86X0AE72uu.jpg

it makes the last minute flip of C. Richardson even more huge now. I think his touches will keep increasing.

I would assume B. Thompson was probably going to redshirt but this might change that plan. Otis Anderson who looked good in a few touches also probably gets more opportunities now.

Don't forget, we also have Otis. Richardson ran the rock well when he was given the ball on Saturday. Taj, Richardson and Killins all bring something different and I like using all three. and if we have to, Otis can get in there and get reps.

Reactions: Miltonian
Oh wow. Surprised with this news and very disappointed. He's a great kid and one of my favorite players, but he does have 3 more years added to what he has under his belt, which is a full year. It will be like he redshirted, so he'll be fine. He can develop his size, speed and skills even more.

Glad we have a lot of depth at RB and WR. Is Bargnare still an option? Is he on the team?

I'm sure they're letting Cordarrian Richardson share practice with Taj and the first string.
Clearly they planned to redshirt BENTAVIOUSTHOMPSON, but perhaps they could see if after 2 months of practice, he could have be considered. He's the only other bigger back on the roster (6-1, likely near 200 lbs by now):
HIGH SCHOOL
• Earned three stars from 247, ranking No. 32 as a running back and No. 79 in Florida
• Received three stars from ESPN, ranking No. 39 among running backs and No. 82 in Florida
I remember how super excited we were when we signed him

HIGH SCHOOL
Apparently Thompson will stay redshirt, we have 4 very able running backs. McGowan, Richardson, Killins and Anderson. All this means is that Anderson will see more RB play, with McGowan, Richardson and Killins getting a majority of carries (killins not as much since he will still be used everywhere on the field.)

Don't forget, we also have Otis. Richardson ran the rock well when he was given the ball on Saturday. Taj, Richardson and Killins all bring something different and I like using all three. and if we have to, Otis can get in there and get reps.
I wasn't forgetting. But Killings and Anderson they are small and not the guy you can run through the line breaking tackles. Coaches were so desperate, they even gave Smith a couple carries. Opponents looking at the film will know they have to prevent wide plays, so unless we can credibly freeze linebackers in the middle, the run game can flounder.

Frost said Richardson hasn't played a lot because he's still learning. He has to learn faster now. OJT.

Frost said Richardson hasn't played a lot because he's still learning. He has to learn faster now. OJT.
I'm stunned -- especially considering all our penalties, all the new kids playing, and all the rotation of linemen and receivers -- there weren't many illegal procedure, off sides, miscommunications, and busted plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT