ADVERTISEMENT

Here's where those "relief" funds went

That's why I wasn't worried about the clamor over refunding it.

If you read the article, it's all based on a formula, regarding high-need students. So nothing inappropriate here.

Although it is a little weird that the formula doesn't take into consideration the wealth of the institution. I guess Harvard's 41 Billion dollar endowment can take a backseat to US taxpayers.

If you read the article, it's all based on a formula, regarding high-need students. So nothing inappropriate here.

Although it is a little weird that the formula doesn't take into consideration the wealth of the institution. I guess Harvard's 41 Billion dollar endowment can take a backseat to US taxpayers.

It's ridiculous a college swimming in money is getting aid.

Reactions: Crazyhole

I guess you didn’t know that families with less than $65k income already pay zero tuition and those between $65k and $150k pay from 0-10% of yearly income (mostly 0%). The actual tuition rates don’t matter because Harvard and other Ivys have to spend a portion of their endowments by law every year. So they ratchet up their tuition and then pay it out of their endowment and all is well as their endowment grows and grows. It’s one big ass shell game.

So no, Harvard did not need to bilk the taxpayers out of their hard earned money to pay for low-income students to attend.

It's ridiculous a college swimming in money is getting aid.
No shit. Kind of like the bailout money earmarked for small businesses going to big restaurant chains like Shake Shack while Mom & Pop businesses where the money was actually intended to go got shafted because the fund ran out of money in a few days.

Reactions: Crazyhole
My girlfiriends 17 year old daughter got her first unemployment check yesterday. 2946.00. She was making 250 bucks a week at a part time job helping with gymnastics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT