ADVERTISEMENT

Herman v Frost

ucffan642

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 23, 2015
Do you think coach Frost will be able to match the success of Houston under coach Herman in such a short period of time?? Their 2016 Recruiting class looks very impressive.

Herman walked into a Program with more talent in place but I hope the results eventually get there for Frost. Similar path for both coaches, OCs at recent Top 10 Offenses(Ohio State & Oregon)

Do you think coach Frost will be able to match the success of Houston under coach Herman in such a short period of time?? Their 2016 Recruiting class looks very impressive.
What was houstons record the season before Herman started? What was houstons yard per play average the year before he started? Frost has a built in 6 win spread on what Herman did his first year.

Reactions: HammerB08
Houston has definitely shown the way. Dominate the local recruiting and win the American. I'm still convinced that the public schools in TX and FL with OCS have a huge advantage over the other schools in the conference. Frost's experience will depend on his organizational and time management skills.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Also, did anyone see the graphic on ESPN about how TCU, Baylor, and Houston are out-recruiting the Longhorns??

***This post was for all those who think uniform/branding talk is nonsense and that kids want tradition.***

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Also, did anyone see the graphic on ESPN about how TCU, Baylor, and Houston are out-recruiting the Longhorns??

***This post was for all those who think uniform/branding talk is nonsense and that kids want tradition.***
The difference is TCU and Baylor are winning games and Texas is not. Houston had a dominant year like we did in 2013. When Sumlin was there they won 2 division titles (losing in the championship game twice; overall were 35-17), then Levine tanked the program for three years going 20-17 overall, and then this year they blew up. They are a top 5 G5 program and have been for a long time. No surprise. Texas is 5-7, 8-5, 8-4, 6-7 and 5-7 in their last five seasons...not just one bad/off year but 5 years of mediocrity.

As for recruiting, Houston is still getting dominated by the other three, even with Texas stinking it up. Don't look at the "total" number because that is skewed by number of commits at this time. Check back in a month when all the big programs really start reeling in guys and filling up their slots. They are fighting over some sought-after recruits whereas Houston is not doing this but maybe for a few couple of players. Houston (like any G5 school), can't just throw out a million scholarships and reel in recruits just because they are Houston. What matters is the quality of player you are bringing in. Right now here is the average star rating for each of those schools recruits:
1) Baylor = 3.37
2) Texas = 3.3
3) TCU = 3.29
4) Houston = 2.86

That is a big difference in quality of player, on paper. Coaching and culture mean almost as much, though, and Houston definitely looks like they have bought in. To note where we are, our avg star rating is 2.42 right now.

Reactions: Knight_Light

No. If he does, which is possible for sure, it's going to take 2-3 years. I'm hoping for 5-6 wins this year

ESPN Recruiting Expert Tom Luginbill> @mattropolis
Houston currently has arguably the top DT and WR committed to their class

Houston has definitely shown the way. Dominate the local recruiting and win the American. I'm still convinced that the public schools in TX and FL with OCS have a huge advantage over the other schools in the conference. Frost's experience will depend on his organizational and time management skills.
Agreed but I think UCF has an even higher fanbase ceiling bc our Program doesn't have an NFL team in the immediate market

ESPN Recruiting Expert Tom Luginbill> @mattropolis
Houston currently has arguably the top DT and WR committed to their class

Agreed but I think UCF has an even higher fanbase ceiling bc our Program doesn't have an NFL team in the immediate market
That is true, but Houston is a bigger demographic. so to some degree it equals out.

That is true, but Houston is a bigger demographic. so to some degree it equals out.

Correct...I'd rather have a metro area of 6.6 Million like Houston vs 2.1 Million like Orlando (which is even more transient...sometimes harder to build up a fan base).

Considering the important of HS and College Football in the State of TX (even more popular than FLA), Houston certainly has a chance to capitalize...much more so now than maybe in their SWC days when they had some very good teams but were stuck playing in the Astrodome....but now have a right size and new 40,000 seat on-campus stadium.

Another huge advantage for UH is the corporate support opportunities in Houston...with multiple Fortune 500 companies...let alone the high number of multiple millionaires living in that metro area too.

UH Alum/fans have to turn out now for all games...not just 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT