ADVERTISEMENT

Heupel Defenders

It’s figured out? Is that why UCF put up 63 on Temple, 40+ on Houston, and 28 in the first half of Tulsa? Lol. UCF had a bad half where the defense couldn’t stop a backup QB and they turned it over 3 times in a half. It’s not because they were “figured out”.
I said other teams my friend not all Did you notice offense could not move on downs..the games we lost were because of line play...they were figured out. line play was figured out..In games we lost..It started with LSU...This forces our defense to get tired and commit mistakes..also are line gets weak going in to 2nd half..We have been outcoached..Running the same blocking assignments up front over and over with 1 reciever active on the outside makes us 1 dimensional..Good teams have picked up on it...We need to hire an offensive coordinator to bring new ideas so we do not continue running same blocking schemes..They have worked but many are starting to eploit gaps we have

I said other teams my friend not all Did you notice offense could not move on downs..the games we lost were because of line play...they were figured out. line play was figured out..In games we lost..It started with LSU...This forces our defense to get tired and commit mistakes..also are line gets weak going in to 2nd half..We have been outcoached..Running the same blocking assignments up front over and over with 1 reciever active on the outside makes us 1 dimensional..Good teams have picked up on it...We need to hire an offensive coordinator to bring new ideas so we do not continue running same blocking schemes..They have worked but many are starting to eploit gaps we have
What other teams? The only games we were held under 40 were games we turned it over 3 times. In 2 of those games we had 24 and 28 point halves. In the other game we had 6 red zone possessions but only managed a single touchdown and had 4 turnovers including a pick 6.

New blocking schemes is your idea for success? Are you serious? Yeah let’s st have center block DE and LT block opposite side DT. That will make us score more points.

Last edited:
What? Cmon. NO.
Your English is terrible. New blocking schemes is your idea for success? Are you serious? Yeah let’s st have center block DE and LT block opposite side DT. That will make us score more points.

"That will make us score more points."
That will help us score more points.
Had to.
Anyway at this point I'd be hard pressed to disagree with saying we should be trying something different.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
"That will make us score more points."
That will help us score more points.
Had to.
Anyway at this point I'd be hard pressed to disagree with saying we should be trying something different.
Change for the sake of change is dumb. Look at Pitt Basketball and getting rid of Dixon.

What do you think of this Heupel quote, "I said it postgame, it starts with me. I’ve got to be a little bit better. We’ve lost three games by a total of seven points and we’ve got to be a little bit better to come out on the right side of it.This is after he said "it’s up to the Knights to decide how they respond."

What do you think of this Heupel quote, "I said it postgame, it starts with me. I’ve got to be a little bit better. We’ve lost three games by a total of seven points and we’ve got to be a little bit better to come out on the right side of it.This is after he said "it’s up to the Knights to decide how they respond."
How is he going to get better?

What is he going to do to stop the penalties?

Is he going to use the same vanilla offensive strategy that when it works it works, but when it doesn’t, there are multiple 3 and outs and stagnation?

Is he going to utilize Wimbush and Mack packages more?

Is he going to get his playmakers in space?
That isn’t a WR screen 3 times in a row!

Howabout getting the TE more involved?

If your going to fire him you need to have somebody better than him lined up. He is still a relative newcomer as a head coach. He definitely can get better. How was Sabin as a head coach when he was at Michigan State? He just kept grinding and getting better. I read comments that some of you think you know as much football as a coach who lives, eats, dreams football year round probably his entire adult life. He has been taught by some of the best football coaches in the country. Sure fire him, and all the ghosts of past mediocere UCF coaches will have a nice round of applause for the knucklehead fans who will surely get the coach they deserve. Having vented that out, do I think Heupel is Sabin or Meyer or even near that level? Of course not. But for his experience level I think he's done great and deserves more years. I'm pretty sure the AD feels the exact same.

If your going to fire him you need to have somebody better than him lined up. He is still a relative newcomer as a head coach. He definitely can get better. How was Sabin as a head coach when he was at Michigan State? He just kept grinding and getting better. I read comments that some of you think you know as much football as a coach who lives, eats, dreams football year round probably his entire adult life. He has been taught by some of the best football coaches in the country. Sure fire him, and all the ghosts of past mediocere UCF coaches will have a nice round of applause for the knucklehead fans who will surely get the coach they deserve. Having vented that out, do I think Heupel is Sabin or Meyer or even near that level? Of course not. But for his experience level I think he's done great and deserves more years. I'm pretty sure the AD feels the exact same.
First of all, Nobody is asking to have him fired, but obviously from your comments, you haven’t watched too many UCF games this year. Wish you wouldn’t speak for Danny White, who has a history of having a short leash with mediocre or average coaches

Just because you eat and live football, doesn’t mean jack shit. That’s a poor argument. All coaches do that and some are horrible. Charlie Strong and Willie Taggart are 2 very recent examples.

He hasn’t added a thing to this program in 23 games. Actually, it’s taken a step backwards. Coach Heupel has been exposed and the situation is being carefully monitored. Especially when attendance figures and donations take a hit.

Additionally, stop with the UCF ghost coach ancient history lesson. Nobody cares. You’re stuck in the ghost of 0-12 seasons past. Get over it.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously, learn how to spell Saban. He’s only the most successful coach in the history of college football.

Lame

Obviously a CJH relative

Last edited:

Total offense:
2017 #4
2018 #4
2019 #5

Total defense:
2017 #92
2018 #102
2019 #45

Turnover margin:
2017 #2
2018 #3
2019 #69

one of these things is not like the other.

First of all, Nobody is asking to have him fired, but obviously from your comments, you haven’t watched too many UCF games this year. Wish you wouldn’t speak for Danny White, who has a history of having a short leash with mediocre or average coaches

Just because you eat and live football, doesn’t mean jack shit. That’s a poor argument. All coaches do that and some are horrible. Charlie Strong and Willie Taggart are 2 very recent examples.

He hasn’t added a thing to this program in 23 games. Actually, it’s taken a step backwards. Coach Heupel has been exposed and the situation is being carefully monitored. Especially when attendance figures and donations take a hit.

Additionally, stop with the UCF ghost coach ancient history lesson. Nobody cares. You’re stuck in the ghost of 0-12 seasons past. Get over it.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously, learn how to spell Saban. He’s only the most successful coach in the history of college football.

Lame

Obviously a CJH relative
Yes, you're the one that thinks he knows as much football as the coaches. What a joke. You are a laughingstock with an attitude. Dude get a grip, you're not an expert on football coaching, you're just another guy on a sports forum with a high opinion of yourself. There are a number of people on here who are expressing a desire to get another coach. UCF had 22 seniors they lost, surely even a genius like yourself would not expect the team not to feel that. Add in a true freshman QB who has had his share of turnovers and the season can turn south quickly. I'm no huge fan of Heupel, but I'll say it again. If fans are truly are thinking of getting another coach then you better have someone better to replace him, otherwise you turn into a revolving door with no continuity. You're all over the place with insults for people on this board who disagree with you. It's obvious from your comments that you know nothing about sports and being part of a team. I'm glad you corrected my spelling, thanks. I have a feeling that type of thing is more in line with who you are than really knowing anything about football. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, it's not worth it. I won't come back to this board again, way too much negativity here and I think you set the tone for it

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
What other teams? The only games we were held under 40 were games we turned it over 3 times. In 2 of those games we had 24 and 28 point halves. In the other game we had 6 red zone possessions but only managed a single touchdown and had 4 turnovers including a pick 6.
And do you know why the Turnovers ...Because teams came after our Quarterback and attacked our line from different areas..Because running straight up the middle employs same blocking techniques It doesn't take a genius to figure out if center moves here and Guard does this we can attack here.. and they move the line..so a 3 man front can attack you where you are weak..causing our All Americans to look like amateurs..then linebackers are sent....I can see our line trusts the scheme so much..That they are not able to read the defense till they are on their buts

And do you know why the Turnovers ...Because teams came after our Quarterback and attacked our line from different areas..Because running straight up the middle employs same blocking techniques It doesn't take a genius to figure out if center moves here and Guard does this we can attack here.. and they move the line..so a 3 man front can attack you where you are weak..causing our All Americans to look like amateurs..then linebackers are sent....I can see our line trusts the scheme so much..That they are not able to read the defense till they are on their buts
The interceptions were poor decisions. One was a throw away that didn’t get out of bounds. Not sure how a muffed kickoff is related to the line play. Not sure how the fact that our defense once again forced 0 turnovers is related to the line play. But to each their own.

It’s funny that everyone has figured out UCF, but they have still had a 21+ point quarter in 8 of 10 games. And a 13+ quarter in every game.

Yes, you're the one that thinks he knows as much football as the coaches. What a joke. You are a laughingstock with an attitude. Dude get a grip, you're not an expert on football coaching, you're just another guy on a sports forum with a high opinion of yourself. There are a number of people on here who are expressing a desire to get another coach. UCF had 22 seniors they lost, surely even a genius like yourself would not expect the team not to feel that. Add in a true freshman QB who has had his share of turnovers and the season can turn south quickly. I'm no huge fan of Heupel, but I'll say it again. If fans are truly are thinking of getting another coach then you better have someone better to replace him, otherwise you turn into a revolving door with no continuity. You're all over the place with insults for people on this board who disagree with you. It's obvious from your comments that you know nothing about sports and being part of a team. I'm glad you corrected my spelling, thanks. I have a feeling that type of thing is more in line with who you are than really knowing anything about football. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, it's not worth it. I won't come back to this board again, way too much negativity here and I think you set the tone for it
Calm down harry! You've got a lot to learn! Start over with a new screen name.

Total offense:
2017 #4
2018 #4
2019 #5

Total defense:
2017 #92
2018 #102
2019 #45

Turnover margin:
2017 #22018 #3
2019 #69

one of these things is not like the other.[/QUOTCheck the losses not just the wins...I am with MIke i have never asked for hype to be changed...But all coaches have added an Offensive Coordinator to help them We may need to do the same...LSU had had 3 different coordinators within the last 4 years...

Formerly 247 Juan?

Either way welcome to the board

Calm down harry! You've got a lot to learn! Start over with a new screen name.

:100points: For a guy who has been here for 4 days this HSH is spewing some serious smack.....not a good way to start out

You’re a joke. I’m certainly NOT the ONLY one being critical here, so open your eyes. You put these coaches on a pedestal and allow program to spiral into mediocrity, because you don’t have the ability to see trends and properly analyze the situation. Get off your high horse and open your eyes. It’s obvious that you’re one of those old school fans who’s just happy with making a bowl game and mediocrity. You have a problem letting knowledgeable fans unbiasedly criticize the coach or team, because you can’t take off the black and gold glasses for 2 seconds, take Heupel’s cock out your mouth to properly analyze the situation. You don’t know me, so stop being an asshole and telling people that they don’t know about football. I’ve played organized sports and have been watching football for decades. What have you shown in your 1-2 posts that you know anything even as much as that? You just come on here with guns a blazing and try to force feed your opinions on us. Newsflash to you. Some fans actually know something about this GAME. YOU ACT LIKE IT’S FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE

Why don’t go watch the film of the last game?

Having 13 men on the field after a timeout is good coaching?

15 penalties for 120 yards after it’s been a problem all year? Continued offsides on kickoffs??? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty calls that are costing us all 3 games

Vanillla playcalling with 0 passes to the tight ends, thrown a bomb into double coverage on 4th and long, etc.

Get a grip and take a lap and comeback here after you actually watched the game

Every team graduates approximately 1/4 of the roster EVERY YEAR, so that graduating senior excuse is laughable. That’s what coaches that make 2 million dollars a year are for

Additionally, stop with this delusional fire the coach talk that’s stuck in your head. If we ever replaced Heupel, just as DW said with Frost, there would be quality coaches wanting to kill for this job

Last edited:
Love when stats are just thrown out there randomly that don’t say anything about the discussion at hand

Can someone please show us the penalty stats?

Howabout the turnover margin stats in our 3 losses?

Ya know. Stats that matter.

Logical stats

You’re a joke. I’m certainly NOT the ONLY one being critical here, so open your eyes. You put these coaches on a pedestal and allow program to spiral into mediocrity, because you don’t have the ability to see trends and properly analyze the situation. Get off your high horse and open your eyes. It’s obvious that you’re one of those old school fans who’s just happy with making a bowl game and mediocrity. You have a problem letting knowledgeable fans unbiasedly criticize the coach or team, because you can’t take off the black and gold glasses for 2 seconds, take Heupel’s cock out your mouth to properly analyze the situation. You don’t know me, so stop being an asshole and telling people that they don’t know about football. I’ve played organized sports and have been watching football for decades. What have you shown in your 1-2 posts that you know anything even as much as that? You just come on here with guns a blazing and try to force feed your opinions on us. Newsflash to you. Some fans actually know something about this GAME. YOU ACT LIKE IT’S FREAKING ROCKET SCIENCE

15 penalties for 120 yards after it’s been a problem all year? Continued offsides on kickoffs??? Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty calls that are costing us all 3 games

Vanillla playcalling with 0 passes to the tight ends, thrown a bomb into double coverage on 4th and long, etc.

Every team graduates approximately 1/4 of the roster EVERY YEAR, so that graduating senior excuse is laughable. That’s what coaches that make 2 million dollars a year are for

Additionally, stop with this delusional fire the coach talk that’s stuck in your head. If we ever replaced Heupel, just as DW said with Frost, there would be quality coaches wanting to kill for this job
Blasted!

Dont just like it. LOVE IT!

The rocket scientists, lol, still can't see the forest from the trees! So sick of hearing the pseudo scientists espouse their emotions with "stats". Complete bullshit from them. Id like to offer some advice to them. Yes you know who you are!
We always stand behind our team. Being part of that is being honest! Try it
GO KNIGHTS!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Dont just like it. LOVE IT!

The rocket scientists, lol, still can't see the forest from the trees! So sick of hearing the pseudo scientists espouse their emotions with "stats". Complete bullshit from them. Id like to offer some advice to them. Yes you know who you are!
We always stand behind our team. Being part of that is being honest! Try it
GO KNIGHTS!
What cracks me up is that these internal trolls have absolutely no clue how loyal we are to the program. I only followed the team to freaking Ireland and sat through nearly every 0-12 game.

They act like the game of football like is more complicated than cardiothoracic surgery.

Would love to actually watch a game with them WHILE IT’S actually happening. Not discuss it 6 days later

What cracks me up is that these internal trolls have absolutely no clue how loyal we are to the program. I only followed the team to freaking Ireland and sat through nearly every 0-12 game.

They act like the game of football like is more complicated than cardiothoracic surgery.

Would love to actually watch a game with them WHILE IT’S actually happening. Not discuss it 6 days later
Something tells me they would need cardiothoracic surgery! Just pathetic.
And no doubt, I've watched some painful years, but have and will always be a part of UCF! The truth is fleeting with them. Were a stronger team because we dont quit. It's not a stat, it's not a "I love coach so and so", it the damn truth!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT