ADVERTISEMENT

Hispanic Caucus vacations in Puerto Rico with lobbyists

i think trump should make an executive order to mandate that all members of the executive, legislative, and judical would be deemed non-essential in the event of a gov shutdown and that they shouldnt receive pay during the shutdown.

i think trump should make an executive order to mandate that all members of the executive, legislative, and judical would be deemed non-essential in the event of a gov shutdown and that they shouldnt receive pay during the shutdown.
While that really feels like a great idea, it’d fail the instant lawsuit because there are already criteria in place to be deemed essential. Trump can’t just change that by decree and expect it to hold. He would need to follow the procedures to enact new policies.

For the record, neither could Obama. He knew that it took a lawsuit challenge though and benefitted from the GOP’s aversion to taking that route. Cant really blame him for taking that avenue; the blame lies with the Republicans that couldn’t find the spine to mount timely challenges.

Lefties only care about lobbyists when it's someone from the NRA.
Luckily they don't know about the NSSF and USCCA. So I'm glad they only focus on the NRA. Honestly, it's the funniest thing to watch. The USCCA has gotten far more laws passed, and the NSSF is building some serious cases against both private and government entities, including the state of New York.

While that really feels like a great idea, it’d fail the instant lawsuit because there are already criteria in place to be deemed essential. Trump can’t just change that by decree and expect it to hold. He would need to follow the procedures to enact new policies.

For the record, neither could Obama. He knew that it took a lawsuit challenge though and benefitted from the GOP’s aversion to taking that route. Cant really blame him for taking that avenue; the blame lies with the Republicans that couldn’t find the spine to mount timely challenges.
of course it wouldnt stand, but what politician would would want to actually challenge it? i think there would be massive public backlash against any politician trying to do so.

of course it wouldnt stand, but what politician would would want to actually challenge it? i think there would be massive public backlash against any politician trying to do so.
I’m thinking the SA in Hawaii would challenge it.

I'm shocked to find the leftie members of the board have no condemnation for this*
It happens on the right. It's just more published by the US media.

The one thing that the US media keeps harping on is Nuclear Power and trips to France. I laugh every time, because the only country with modern, commercial reactor designs is France. The only US' designs are all Navy and classified, with a far different application.

Now how are the Democrats going to vote to give President Trump money for the wall when they are in Puerto Rico?

We have a microcosm of rat corruption in Washington, DC.
I believe they are not from Puerto Rico. Most there are from your neck of the woods.

We are the United Crooks of America. It's no wonder Puerto Rico is corrupt.

Since they, including their prior Governor (Garcia Padilla), don't speak English, you could send down a Spanish-fluent Republican of your choice, give him absolute power, and nothing would change.

Because the Third World is always gonna Third World

How about we fix our society from all the corruption and decadence. From abortion, drugs, violence to homosexuality.

Do that then we can get rid of Puerto Rico. Perhaps ceded back to Spain. Nuke the corrupt west and east coast afterwards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT