ADVERTISEMENT

Honest thoughts of Scott Frost?

Hello, I am student at the University of Nebraska, and I work for the student newspaper, the Daily Nebraskan. I was just curious what the average UCF fan thought of Scott Frost and his decision to leave the UCF program?

My email is williambauer@dailynebraskan.com. Please feel free to message me there as well.

Thanks.

Honestly, my son and I have met Frost. He seems pretty cool. My son played against one of the teams he coached at about 10 years ago. They had a great conversation reminicing about those days. I hope he has a great career, but not at Nobraska. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m thankful for the national championship and think we should build him a statue.

I’d welcome him back after he’s fired at NEB because he can’t get the right guys to make his system work in Lincoln. The fans says they’ll give him five years but that isn’t true. Look at the the last few coaches you had. During the third year the fans will start calling him out and asking to move on. He better hope this qb is good and can stay healthy
Honestly, he doesn’t really deserve a statue. Only one year of success.

Additionally, I agree that he better hope that Adrian Martinez is all that or it’s over for him

If he ever gets fired, I’m sure that UCF will have moved past the Scott Frost era and his abilities will be measured against our present coach or new candidates. A fired Scott Frost will need UCF more than UCF needs him. There may be some burnt bridges as well that we don’t even know about

You’re absolutely right. He is the true diamond piece in all of this and why I think Heup will have us in good hands too. Spot on.
We here on the free board have been asking for an AD excellence fund and $1 million+ salary for DW for over a year. We recognized his importance long ago

Last edited:
We here on the free board have been asking for an AD excellence fund and $1 million+ salary for DW for over a year. We recognized his importance long ago
200.gif

Reactions: Knight Strength
Do I hate him? No
If you gave me a lie detector test would you find out I’m lying? Absolutely
Is what he did complicated and understandable? Yes

This thread is about Thanos right?

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Honestly, he doesn’t really deserve a statue. Only one year of success.

Additionally, I agree that he better hope that Adrian Martinez is all that or it’s over for him

If he ever gets fired, I’m sure that UCF will have moved past the Scott Frost era and his abilities will be measured against our present coach or new candidates. A fired Scott Frost will need UCF more than UCF needs him. There may be some burnt bridges as well that we don’t even know about
GOL got a statue because he won a fiesta bowl and maybe had a part in pushing an OCS.

I think winning a national championship, redeveloping ties to local high schools, getting the premium Nike gear/alt jerseys and helmets, and creating UCFast all deserve a statue as well.

Reactions: MotorBoater
GOL got a statue because he won a fiesta bowl and maybe had a part in pushing an OCS.

I think winning a national championship, redeveloping ties to local high schools, getting the premium Nike gear/alt jerseys and helmets, and creating UCFast all deserve a statue as well.
JNhU5Tt.gif

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
I’m thankful for the national championship and think we should build him a statue.

I’d welcome him back after he’s fired at NEB because he can’t get the right guys to make his system work in Lincoln. The fans says they’ll give him five years but that isn’t true. Look at the the last few coaches you had. During the third year the fans will start calling him out and asking to move on. He better hope this qb is good and can stay healthy
I see many here saying he can't get the athletes at Nebraska like he did at UCF. Why is that? Looking at recruiting only. Nebraska can pull in top recruits and usually have top 25 recruiting classes. Just curious as your thoughts to why they can't get the same quality of athletes as us?

I see many here saying he can't get the athletes at Nebraska like he did at UCF. Why is that? Looking at recruiting only. Nebraska can pull in top recruits and usually have top 25 recruiting classes. Just curious as your thoughts to why they can't get the same quality of athletes as us?
Ask Adrian Killins if he wants to live in Nebraska and that’s your answer

This poster makes some good points. I never noticed the Nebraska pin. If that’s the case that’s bullshit. Nebraska has nothing to do with his coach of the year success and perhaps he should have been holding a McKenzie Milton bobble head because MM was a major reason for his success. Although he gets credit for bringing him to UCF.

The bobblehead comment makes me wonder if you’re aware he was also wearing a UCF pin.

DQe3DBPWkAAUrLl.jpg

Last edited:
Let me guess, you donated for the GOL statue and don’t want anything next to it that highlights the poor quality you paid for?
LOL. Not at all. I'm poor man. All I can afford to support UCF Football are my season tickets, Dungeon membership and one away game trip a year. Middle class fancy but not statue rich.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Ask Adrian Killins if he wants to live in Nebraska and that’s your answer
He was a 3 star not highly sought after recruit. So not sure what that has to do with get top level recruits. Just looking at the RB position over the last 5 years we have had 1 4 star running back, Nebraska has had 3. As well as them out ranking us every year in recruiting rankings overall. So saying they can't get the same recruits is a silly argument.

Honestly, I don’t think either deserves a statue, but you don’t give a statue to coach who coached 2 years and didn’t leave on the greatest of terms. Not sure a statue is warranted for a style or football gear either

Hello, I am student at the University of Nebraska, and I work for the student newspaper, the Daily Nebraskan. I was just curious what the average UCF fan thought of Scott Frost and his decision to leave the UCF program?

My email is williambauer@dailynebraskan.com. Please feel free to message me there as well.
Thanks.

In addition to what has been said about CSF being a good recruiter, great offensive mind, did a great job changing the culture.... he is clearly a players coach. For our undefeated NC season we owe him a huge debt of gratitude. Now for the other side of the story. He did not handle his departure well, was disingenuous and borderline lied about many aspects. Despite all his talk about how much he cared about UCF, his actions did not reflect that in the way he flipped a switch, gutted the coaching staff, and within an hour of the championship game, started recruiting players to NU that he invested countless hours of UCF resources into. The manner in which he departed was questionable at best. Many perceive CSF as a savior of our program. He is not, Danny White deserves much more of that credit. And GOL for laying the foundation. Despite 0-12, he went undefeated with 65% of a roster that was in place before he ever stepped foot on campus. He admittedly walked into an ideal situation. He was a great game planner but made some very questionable calls and often times didn't make adequate game day adjustments. He is overly loyal to a fault to his best friend and defensive coordinator who in my opinion is mediocre at best. His undisciplined style of defense is opportunistic but inadequate. The lack of fundamentals, blown coverages and missed tackles are unacceptable. Recruiting Florida from Nebraska is not the same as recruiting from smack dab in the middle of Florida and if anyone thinks otherwise they are foolish. Good luck and good ridden to CSF. It is going to be interesting to see how he handles the Big Ten. As Lee Corso recently said on College game day, The Big 10 ain't the Big 12.....

I respect Scott Frost. I love that he modernized our program. Wish he would have stayed. But, people get too hung up on this- he went home where his grandparents, parents, lot of his memories are. He had a dream job and he took it. Most people in this country want their dream job, how can you really fault someone for doing it?

Maybe he could have exited better, but whatever he got us some great players, the best season in school history and moved our program forward. I wish he would have created a legacy here and been UCF's Bowden, but someone will fill those shoes eventually for us.

We're staring down a potentially another NY6 season without him.

He gets credit for taking a young team and making them believe they could win and he was a good (not great recruiter). Unfortunately his loyalty will be his downfall. Chins was a total weak link at defensive coordinator and Frost was blind loyal to his staff for better or worse.
I think most UCF fans if they saw Scott Frost would shake his hand and thank him for the season but UCF is MUCH bigger than a one year successful football coach. Make sure you ask around about his departure including crying (literally crying) to local media members on how torn he was. I would also include the part about how shady the Nebraska AD is/was. Moos is the ultimate snake in the grass. I think most of us will sit back and smirk watching team popcorn struggle to reach .500

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Because the rating systems are as biased as the P5 proponents. We've seen this over-and-over. A kid has interest in us as a 3-star...then commits to say, Auburn, and then he is elevated to a 4-star. We've also seen the opposite many times. A kid is downgraded after committing to us. The fact is Florida, Texas, and California produce the most, and best on whole, players in college football. Just look at how fast our cast of 2-star and 3-star kids look on the field. Some of them barely had offers. Because there is so much talent here, there are a lot of 2-star and 3-star kids that don't get the pub, or a real look by these evaluator sites like Rivals or 247. They probably should be 3-star or 4-star kids but they just get overlooked. At least that is my 2 cents after following recruiting for more than 20 years (as a fan). You also have to have a staff that can develop talent. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you can't find the best way to utilize them, and have them play as a team/unit, and not just a bunch of really talented athletes out there playing.

Reactions: ucfast00
In addition to what has been said about CSF being a good recruiter, great offensive mind, did a great job changing the culture.... he is clearly a players coach. For our undefeated NC season we owe him a huge debt of gratitude. Now for the other side of the story. He did not handle his departure well, was disingenuous and borderline lied about many aspects. Despite all his talk about how much he cared about UCF, his actions did not reflect that in the way he flipped a switch, gutted the coaching staff, and within an hour of the championship game, started recruiting players to NU that he invested countless hours of UCF resources into. The manner in which he departed was questionable at best. Many perceive CSF as a savior of our program. He is not, Danny White deserves much more of that credit. And GOL for laying the foundation. Despite 0-12, he went undefeated with 65% of a roster that was in place before he ever stepped foot on campus. He admittedly walked into an ideal situation. He was a great game planner but made some very questionable calls and often times didn't make adequate game day adjustments. He is overly loyal to a fault to his best friend and defensive coordinator who in my opinion is mediocre at best. His undisciplined style of defense is opportunistic but inadequate. The lack of fundamentals, blown coverages and missed tackles are unacceptable. Recruiting Florida from Nebraska is not the same as recruiting from smack dab in the middle of Florida and if anyone thinks otherwise they are foolish. Good luck and good ridden to CSF. It is going to be interesting to see how he handles the Big Ten. As Lee Corso recently said on College game day, The Big 10 ain't the Big 12.....
Put this in the paper!

He was a 3 star not highly sought after recruit. So not sure what that has to do with get top level recruits. Just looking at the RB position over the last 5 years we have had 1 4 star running back, Nebraska has had 3. As well as them out ranking us every year in recruiting rankings overall. So saying they can't get the same recruits is a silly argument.

This is a reasonable and rational position. No, Nebraska cant recruit at the same level as Miami, USC, or Texas but to say that no talented players want to go to Nebraska is silly. The weather argument is also silly. There have been plenty of classes at Nebraska that were top 10 in the past and the weather was exactly the same. Ohio State, Penn St., Oklahoma, Michigan, etc all have comparable weather and they do just fine.

Because the rating systems are as biased as the P5 proponents. We've seen this over-and-over. A kid has interest in us as a 3-star...then commits to say, Auburn, and then he is elevated to a 4-star. We've also seen the opposite many times. A kid is downgraded after committing to us. The fact is Florida, Texas, and California produce the most, and best on whole, players in college football. Just look at how fast our cast of 2-star and 3-star kids look on the field. Some of them barely had offers. Because there is so much talent here, there are a lot of 2-star and 3-star kids that don't get the pub, or a real look by these evaluator sites like Rivals or 247. They probably should be 3-star or 4-star kids but they just get overlooked. At least that is my 2 cents after following recruiting for more than 20 years (as a fan). You also have to have a staff that can develop talent. All the talent in the world doesn't matter if you can't find the best way to utilize them, and have them play as a team/unit, and not just a bunch of really talented athletes out there playing.

This is overblown at least and a canard at worst. Players are re-evaluated at different times of their senior season and one of the factors is the number and stature of teams that have offered them, but it is still generally based on how they perform on the field against the level of competition they have.

This is overblown at least and a canard at worst. Players are re-evaluated at different times of their senior season and one of the factors is the number and stature of teams that have offered them, but it is still generally based on how they perform on the field against the level of competition they have.
The ratings are done by humans who are lazy. They aren’t watching all the high school tape on all these players. They just want to know if ND and AL have offered them

Thanks.

I consider Scott a UCFriend. I encourage you to get to know Scott like I did, and formulate your own opinion. We did lots of Wine Down Wednesday's together. So go have drinks with him, like how Real UCFans do.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin

Thanks.

Oh, and never put anyone on a pedestal. When you become an Alum, like me, you'll figure out the coaches work for you.

Besides, people won't respect you if you put them on a pedestal. They will always being looking down on you.

#UCFacts

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
That’s worse than someone staying too long and going winless?
well remember O'leary wanted to leave after fiesta and was talked into staying. By staying he rode out the schollie reductions rather than some new coach. Had he left I doubt the new coach would win more than 9 the year after fiesta, and if they managed to win 5 or 6 the next year, Scott Frost likely never happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT