ADVERTISEMENT

Honest thoughts of Scott Frost?

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threa...program-which-has-not-had-much-success.64898/

Cornhole Journalist of the Day:
"Frost and his staff left a young program, which has not had much success."

Nope, no success at all ...
  • Youngest program to win a BCS (NY) bowl game (pre-Frost)
  • Youngest program to win a CFP-NY6 bowl game (Frost)
  • Five (5) conference championships in ten (10) seasons, only one (1) w/Frost
  • Three (3) of the first five (5) AAC titles (2 outright), only one (1) w/Frost
WTF?! Was he talking about Nebraska's last 20 years?! Oh that's right ...
  • The last time you guys were 'relevant,' we were leading you at half-time!
    (and played you the best of anyone that season)

Reactions: Will Bauer
This is a reasonable and rational position. No, Nebraska cant recruit at the same level as Miami, USC, or Texas but to say that no talented players want to go to Nebraska is silly. The weather argument is also silly. There have been plenty of classes at Nebraska that were top 10 in the past and the weather was exactly the same. Ohio State, Penn St., Oklahoma, Michigan, etc all have comparable weather and they do just fine.

All the recruitment rankings BS aside, the bottom line is that it is much easier to recruit from smack dab, nuts dead center in the middle of the most fertile recruiting area in the universe than from the middle of a corn field............

All the recruitment rankings BS aside, the bottom line is that it is much easier to recruit from smack dab, nuts dead center in the middle of the most fertile recruiting area in the universe than from the middle of a corn field............

Theres some truth there, but if it was an absolute then teams like North Texas or FIU should be much better than they are. Location is just one of many factors in successful recruiting

Reactions: bluechip12
Theres some truth there, but if it was an absolute then teams like North Texas or FIU should be much better than they are. Location is just one of many factors in successful recruiting

There’s only truth there if you ignore other factors. As of this moment, it’s easier to recruit talent to Nebraska than to UCF.

There’s only truth there if you ignore other factors. As of this moment, it’s easier to recruit talent to Nebraska than to UCF.
nHVqBL.png

Yeah like IGNORING the biased BULLSHIT recruitment rankings!!!

Reactions: Mikesi

Sure, it only works for a school like UCF who wins NY6 bowl games, conference and division championships consistently and has a campus that looks like this...... It doesn't work for the the middle of the pack wanna be's!!!!

dyeiVG.png

Sure, it only works for a school like UCF who wins NY6 bowl games, conference and division championships consistently and has a campus that looks like this...... It doesn't work for the the middle of the pack wanna be's!!!!

dyeiVG.png

Then make the case that its easier to recruit to Orlando than making a blanket statement about recruiting to Florida, Texas, and California.

I'm assuming you will also claim that it's easier to recruit to Orlando than it is to Columbus Ohio as well.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin

dyeiVG.png
No doubt Orlando looks like a beautiful place to live compared to most college towns, but big name recruits are more concerned with their ability to play in the NFL than where they're going to spend the next 3-4 years. Hence why this place (I bet you can't guess where it is) gets more 5* in a year than the AAC does in a decade

3AD3BCD900000578-3978944-An_OSU_police_officer_responded_to_the_scene_within_a_minute_and-a-8_1480371621586.jpg

Hint: they were 2nd in recruiting this year

Then make the case that its easier to recruit to Orlando than making a blanket statement about recruiting to Florida, Texas, and California.

I'm assuming you will also claim that it's easier to recruit to Orlando than it is to Columbus Ohio as well.

You are missing the point .....It is very simple to recruit Florida from your own back yard. That is why UCF coaches can recruit while sleeping in their own beds 360 days a year. This merely helps to slightly level the playing field against the P5 bullshit and bias and allow UCF to win NY6 bowls against highly ranked P5 teams......

Last edited:
You are missing the point .....It is very simple to recruit Florida from your own back yard. That is why UCF coaches can recruit while sleeping in their own beds 360 days a year. This merely helps to slightly level the playing field against the P5 bullshit and bias and allow UCF to win NY6 bowls against P5 teams......

Right, but your backyard is less desireable after Ohio State, Penn State, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, USC, Clemson, Oklahoma and Notre Dame have already stomped through and taken your grill, kicked your dog, pissed in your pool, spun donuts in the grass and screwed your wife.

You are missing the point .....It is very simple to recruit Florida from your own back yard. That is why UCF coaches can recruit while sleeping in their own beds 360 days a year. This merely helps to slightly level the playing field against the P5 bullshit and bias and allow UCF to win NY6 bowls against highly ranked P5 teams......

It may be more simple, but is it easier? Yes the coaches can just take a short drive as opposed to a 4 hour flight but when it comes to sealing the deal is UCF on the same level as Penn St or Tennessee? Traditional powers are still a force in recruiiting regardless of where they are located. Tallahasee isnt nearly as nice as Orlando but they continue to secure top talent.

Right, but your backyard is less desireable after Ohio State, Penn State, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, USC, Clemson, Oklahoma and Notre Dame have already stomped through and taken your grill, kicked your dog, pissed in your pool, spun donuts in the grass and screwed your wife.

No wife of mine would allow my grill to be taken.

I'm not delusional to think that UCF is more attractive than those schools you mentioned in all cases. I'm also not delusional to think that Nebraska is on the same level as those places. The two realities facing both the schools in question (UCF and NU) are that one benefits due to money influx from outside sources, and that is it. The other reality is that the previously mentioned one won't be true for much longer. UCF will inevitably be a part of the next power structure, and once it does, middling places like Nebraska will lose any edge they ever had. SF is gone and I'm fine with it, he went with his heart and not his head-but I don't fault him for that. He'll learn (probably already has) then have to dust himself off at his next stop, where ever that will be (probably somewhere in AZ).

I'm just glad the season is here again so that way UCF and the rest of the world can keep focus on the now and future, what they do best...while Nebraska can keep focusing on the past, what they do best.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Every win that we get this season will further separate us from the blip that is the cornhusker invasion. We will become part of their history and be spoken of in lore. Just like the other NU threads, let this one go. It has run its course.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
It may be more simple, but is it easier? Yes the coaches can just take a short drive as opposed to a 4 hour flight but when it comes to sealing the deal is UCF on the same level as Penn St or Tennessee? Traditional powers are still a force in recruiiting regardless of where they are located. Tallahasee isnt nearly as nice as Orlando but they continue to secure top talent.

What you are overlooking is that it is much easier for UCF coaches to find the lesser known, not highly recruited, hidden, fall through the crack gems that the UCF coaches can come across much easier. The kids that a guy like CRS can find because he knows where to look, who to talk to, and gets a real assessment from the HS coaches rather than relying on an assessment from the Star spewing, biased, talking heads......it is the Florida underground, recruiting network

:boxing:

A better indication of the quality of players is how they scaled to the next level (2008-2018). I realize that is 11 years but it looks nicer and UCF really started to make its mark in 2008, also both schools had 3 players drafted in 2008 so doesn't favor either.. :

Round Nebraska UCF
1 2 3
2 4 1
3 3 6
4 5 2
5 8 2
6 7 1
7 5 4
Total 34 19

So yes Nebraska gets more talent because of name brand but the numbers above are awfully back loaded (20 in the last 3 rounds for Nebraska and 7 for UCF). I thought about not posting this since it doesn't really favor the UCF argument as much as I'd hope but it still shows we do better at getting players to the pros than our recruitment rankings would show but I'm not going to hide the numbers. Also Bortles is a great example of a strangely ranked player. Rivals listed him as a 3 star tight end and he was drafted 3rd overall at quarterback.

Edit Rivals butchered my formatting

Last edited:
Bortles is a great example of a strangely ranked player. Rivals listed him as a 3 star tight end and he was drafted 3rd overall at quarterback.

He was a major reason we won the Fiesta bowl.....And he played his HS football 5 miles from the UCF campus, who were the only school that offered him a QB scholarship......coincidence??? I think not!

I'm not delusional to think that UCF is more attractive than those schools you mentioned in all cases. I'm also not delusional to think that Nebraska is on the same level as those places.

You can hate Nebraska all you want but you can't disregard the fact that they're top 5 in all time wins and top 10 in all time winning %.

Sure they were god awful last year, but they were also ranked 7th at one point in 2016. My guess is the majority of y'all considered Alabama "irrelevant" before Saban, too

He was a major reason we won the Fiesta bowl.....And he played his HS football 5 miles from the UCF campus, who were the only school that offered him a QB scholarship......coincidence??? I think not!

This is all fine and well, but Bortles is no less an example of an outlier as is Eric Crouch. Each school has its advantages and disadvantages, so lets not act like UCF would be Alabama if they had the money any more than Nebraska would be Alabama if they were in Florida.

The flip side of this is the difference it would make to either team if Nick Saban was their coach for 3+ years.

This is all fine and well, but Bortles is no less an example of an outlier as is Eric Crouch. Each school has its advantages and disadvantages, so lets not act like UCF would be Alabama if they had the money any more than Nebraska would be Alabama if they were in Florida.

The flip side of this is the difference it would make to either team if Nick Saban was their coach for 3+ years.

There is zero similarity in comparing the two.....one was an All American, widely recognized and decorated HS player while the other was a complete unknown only discovered and recognized by UCF because he played ball in their backyard. BB would have otherwise fallen through the cracks......Thanks for making my point!

There is zero similarity in comparing the two.....one was an All American, widely recognized and decorated HS player while the other was a complete unknown only discovered and recognized by UCF because he played ball in their backyard. BB would have otherwise fallen through the cracks......Thanks for making my point!

Hardly "fall through the cracks" when he turned down a Big 10 offer, was a top 50 QB recruit, and broke numerous record in High School.

Purdue is hardly a marquee school in football and they recruited him as a TE not a QB. UCF was the only one school to recruit him as a QB. He had 5 offers despite his high school success. He truly fell through the cracks.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ucf-quarterback-blake-bortles-unknown-no-more

Lol, no it's not. Do you know how good of an athlete you have to be to receive even 1 D1 scholarship?

Carson Wentz who went to an FCS school is fall through the cracks. Tony Romo is fall through the cracks, Jimmy Garropolo is fall through the cracks.

Blake "5 offers from D1 schools across the country" Bortles is not fall through the cracks just because he wasn't recruited by Nick Saban.

Lol, no it's not. Do you know how good of an athlete you have to be to receive even 1 D1 scholarship?

Carson Wentz who went to an FCS school is fall through the cracks. Tony Romo is fall through the cracks, Jimmy Garropolo is fall through the cracks.

Blake "5 offers from D1 schools across the country" Bortles is not fall through the cracks just because he wasn't recruited by Nick Saban.

How many QB offers you moron?

No doubt Orlando looks like a beautiful place to live compared to most college towns, but big name recruits are more concerned with their ability to play in the NFL than where they're going to spend the next 3-4 years. Hence why this place (I bet you can't guess where it is) gets more 5* in a year than the AAC does in a decade

3AD3BCD900000578-3978944-An_OSU_police_officer_responded_to_the_scene_within_a_minute_and-a-8_1480371621586.jpg

Hint: they were 2nd in recruiting this year

Hint the comparison was to other G5 schools....once a moron always a moron!

If we had P5 status and money, we'd be a perennial top 15 team. I have no doubt about it. Imagine what we've been in the last 5 seasons but then throw in a whole lot of 4-star and 5-star players....and yes, we'd be able to pull in some 5-star kids because of where we are located and what our school is. We don't need Nick Saban, we just need the money and status.

3 of his 5 had some QB aspect to them but the Purdue offer was strictly as a TE. Also Carson Wentz is a bad example of a falling through the cracks guy as he was 5'8" when he graduated high school and happened to grow 7 inches in college.

If we had P5 status and money, we'd be a perennial top 15 team. I have no doubt about it. Imagine what we've been in the last 5 seasons but then throw in a whole lot of 4-star and 5-star players....and yes, we'd be able to pull in some 5-star kids because of where we are located and what our school is. We don't need Nick Saban, we just need the money and status.

So you're saying that you would be Florida. Only problem with that is that Florida has years that they suck. Just like Miami and FSU.

Trust me, having the right coach makes more of a difference than having money or status.

So you're saying that you would be Florida. Only problem with that is that Florida has years that they suck. Just like Miami and FSU.

Trust me, having the right coach makes more of a difference than having money or status.
No. We're UCF. They are two different colleges. We've had good coaches since 2004. Of course that is not a guarantee forever but we seem to be a place coaches want to come to.

No. We're UCF. They are two different colleges. We've had good coaches since 2004. Of course that is not a guarantee forever but we seem to be a place coaches want to come to.
I mean I love UCF but coaches want to go to Florida too and GOL probably wouldn't have lasted at many more storied programs due to his seesaw years. GOL built a program, Frost made it fun/dynamic and hopefully Heupel continues that.

Colorado State, Western Kentucky and UCF you dumbcunt.

Sometimes y'all make it painfully obvious you didn't start following football til January 2014

Hint the comparison was to other G5 schools....once a moron always a moron!

I don't care that you're trying to have a circle jerk amongst disrespected directional schools, my point is still valid.

If the state of Florida had one single University that the entire state revolved around it would be a annual dynamo. The fact that one state can support and carry so many successful FBS programs is nothing short of remarkable. If you want to talk about a team that sucks look no further than NGEbraska!

If the state of Florida had one single University that the entire state revolved around it would be a annual dynamo. The fact that one state can support and carry so many successful FBS programs is nothing short of remarkable. If you want to talk about a team that sucks look no further than NGEbraska!

If by remarkable you mean a result of the population, you're correct. Florida has 10.93 times as many people in it as Nebraska.

If by remarkable you mean a result of the population, you're correct. Florida has 10.93 times as many people in it as Nebraska.

Wow I knew it was a shit hole but didn't know how bad it really was

:joy::joy::joy:

There isn’t that many people. I know you Cornholios worship corn, but it’s not humanoid

I love corn. I place it in my rectum and fantasize about living in Nebraska where football teams win titles. I know its weird that UCF claims a title based on the opinion of a dentist in Nevada, but it's the best i can do to compete with an actual football power with history behind it like Nebraska.

You are so kind to post this. Its ok, maybe someday you will have a team that you can brag about that has actually won something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT