ADVERTISEMENT

Hospital patient went on a walk with an IV drip. Security thought he was stealing medical equipment

Back to the original topic:

An independent investigator concluded that both the police and the security guard acted appropriately, and that after interviewing the guard he concluded that he was legitimately fearful because the 3 men became aggressive. The doctor confirmed that he did not give the man permission to leave the hospital. Additionally, Dukes has refused to show up for 2 interviews about the incident and has now hired a lawyer to sue the hospital, the police, and the city.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Back to the original topic:

An independent investigator concluded that both the police and the security guard acted appropriately, and that after interviewing the guard he concluded that he was legitimately fearful because the 3 men became aggressive. The doctor confirmed that he did not give the man permission to leave the hospital. Additionally, Dukes has refused to show up for 2 interviews about the incident and has now hired a lawyer to sue the hospital, the police, and the city.

Well, no shit. No hospital would give someone permission to walk outside unaccompanied with a goddamn IV still in his arm.

An independent investigator concluded that both the police and the security guard acted appropriately.
Acted appropriately? Bullshit. Another example of why people of color roll their eyes when police investigate themselves and then announce, "no harm, no foul."

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see this case was handled poorly.

Acted appropriately? Bullshit. Another example of why people of color roll their eyes when police investigate themselves and then announce, "no harm, no foul."

The Doctor said he didn't give the kid permission to go outside with an IV still inserted into his arm. This makes sense because absolutely no doctor in their right mind would say "Sure, go off on your own and take our equipment and IV in your veins and come back when you want".

So what are you saying then? The security guard should have seen a guy walking out with an IV in his arm and towing equipment behind him, with no hospital staff, and said "Meh, looks like a nice day for a walk!" and ignored it?

Let's see how many unverified assumptions you make in responding here.

Oh come on. Dude walks out of a hospital with private property not belonging to him against company policy and then gets aggressive with someone who stops them.

I don't care what color of skin this guy has, he broke hospital protocol, was confronted, became aggressive to the point of being arrested, and then refuses to be a part of the investigation. The guy is a douchebag and brought it on himself. Now he is suing anyone and everyone. Is that really someone you want to side with?

Oh come on. ... Is that really someone you want to side with?
Let's see...we have a Facebook video of a Black man with an IV wearing nothing but a damn hospital smock being handcuffed and arrested. Then when the cameraman makes a comment about the smile on the policeman's face, the policeman flips him off with a double-handed bird.

But I'm SURE the policeman's and the security officer's story -- alas, no video footage -- makes it crystal clear that it was the hospital patient's fault. :rolleyes:

Let's see...we have a Facebook video of a Black man with an IV wearing nothing but a damn hospital smock being handcuffed and arrested. Then when the cameraman makes a comment about the smile on the policeman's face, the policeman flips him off with a double-handed bird.

But I'm SURE the policeman's and the security officer's story -- alas, no video footage -- makes it crystal clear that it was the hospital patient's fault. :rolleyes:

Are you saying the doctor is a liar then? The doctor said that in no way did he grant this patient permission to leave the hospital with an IV still lodged into his veins. If you're saying that the patient is at no fault here, then you must be insisting that you know for a fact that the doctor is lying. Is that your stance?

Anyone who's ever spent any time as a recovering hospital patient stuck with walking the same halls over and over again knows what it's like to want some fresh air.

Anyone who's ever been a security officer should know that when you see a patient outside of the hospital (I'm thinking the IV and hospital smock was pretty much a giveaway,) you handle the situation calmly, politely, and with dignity and respect for the individual.

And anyone who's ever been a trained police knows that when you arrive on the scene you work to deescalate the situation you find rather than making it worse.

Any truly "independent" police investigator should know these things.

Anyone who's ever spent any time as a recovering hospital patient stuck with walking the same halls over and over again knows what it's like to want some fresh air.

Anyone who's ever been a security officer should know that when you see a patient outside of the hospital (I'm thinking the IV and hospital smock was pretty much a giveaway,) you handle the situation calmly, politely, and with dignity and respect for the individual.

And anyone who's ever been a trained police knows that when you arrive on the scene you work to deescalate the situation you find rather than making it worse.

Any truly "independent" police investigator should know these things.

1. Are you then calling the doctor a liar? Please answer.

2. He was there for 2 days total and ventured outside in the morning on the second day. You hilariously make it sound like we're talking 2 weeks here.

1. Are you then calling the doctor a liar? Please answer.
Leave it to YWB's drinking buddy to -- surprise, surprise -- blame the Black victim.

My bet is that, like most doctors, this guy's doctor told him he needed to walk around and get some exercise.

I'm sure he DIDN'T tell him he could walk outside but, on the other hand, I'm also betting he never thought to tell the guy he COULDN'T either.

Leave it to YWB's drinking buddy to -- surprise, surprise -- blame the Black victim.

My bet is that, like most doctors, this guy's doctor told him he needed to walk around and get some exercise.

I'm sure he DIDN'T tell him he could walk outside but, on the other hand, I'm also betting he never thought to tell the guy he COULDN'T either.

I like how you can't respond here without inserting some ignorant, disgusting claim of racism all because you're backed yourself into a corner with your dipshit logic. You remain one of the most pathetic posters on here.

Let me give you a hint: when doctors have inserted IVs into a person's veins, they do NOT encourage them to get exercise and walk around. An IV means they are administering a drug into the person's frigging bloodstream and the last thing they want is someone in the halls doing laps with the equipment being towed around. You're just inventing shit at this point to justify your dumb, ignorant stance yet again.

PS- I called it. I knew you'd invent some preposterous assumption to justify your stance and include in your response, I just failed to mention that this would surely be accompanied by some pathetic claim of racism which it did.

Let me give you a hint: when doctors have inserted IVs into a person's veins, they do NOT encourage them to get exercise and walk around.
Total bullshit. You are so totally clueless it's pathetic.

As a former hospital patient who's doctor told him to get out of bed three or four times a day to get some exercise walking around carting my IV equipment along with me, I just might know what I'm talking about.

But let me guess, this is yet another one of MY lies, right?

its always funny to watch shookster say something is bullsh;t but then shy away from answering direct questions that are related to what he called bs.

Lol, plausible deniability is now the measure.

Nobody told me EXPLICITLY that I couldn't take hospital property off grounds so I can do whatever I want and anybody that questions me is a racist. If I come over to your house and walk out the front door with your TV, is it ok because you didn't tell me to not take your TV? And when the cops stop me and ask me if I'm stealing it, that makes them racists?

Lol, plausible deniability is now the measure.

Nobody told me EXPLICITLY that I couldn't take hospital property off grounds so I can do whatever I want and anybody that questions me is a racist. If I come over to your house and walk out the front door with your TV, is it ok because you didn't tell me to not take your TV? And when the cops stop me and ask me if I'm stealing it, that makes them racists?

According to Shookster, the mere fact that you recognize common sense and apply it to this story makes you a racist. You always blame the black guy!!

when the cops stop me and ask me if I'm stealing it, that makes them racists?
If I'm walking around the hospital wearing a hospital smock and I'm asked if I'm "stealing an IV unit to put on ebay" -- which is exactly what this case is about -- yeah, that's pretty damn racist -- along with a heavy dose of stupidity.

If you or I were in that Black guy's situation, I highly doubt that the first question out of a security officer's mouth would be to ask why you're stealing hospital equipment. And if, by some stretch of the imagination, the guy did, I can't speak for you but I'd be royally pissed off that some rent-a-cop 'Barney Fife' would take one look at me and be stupid enough to accuse me of stealing my IV unit.

If I'm walking around the hospital wearing a hospital smock and I'm asked if I'm "stealing an IV unit to put on ebay" -- which is exactly what this case is about -- yeah, that's pretty damn racist -- along with a heavy dose of stupidity.

If you or I were in that Black guy's situation, I highly doubt that the first question out of a security officer's mouth would be to ask why you're stealing hospital equipment. And if, by some stretch of the imagination, the guy did, I can't speak for you but I'd be royally pissed off that some rent-a-cop 'Barney Fife' would take one look at me and be stupid enough to accuse me of stealing my IV unit.

You are making the assumption that it was the first thing out of the security guards mouth based on the word of a guy who was arrested, refused to show up for 2 interviews with an independent investigator, and then filed lawsuits against everybody and their dog. And you're only doing it because he's black. You're looking for confirmation bias against mounting evidence to the contrary.

You are making the assumption that it was the first thing out of the security guards mouth based on the word of a guy who was arrested
It was what the Black patient reported -- which goes a long way towards explaining his less-than-cooperative reaction.

Since the appearance of cellphone video, it's funny how many times cop reports of Black suspects resisting arrest have been torn to shreds by bystander video evidence. So pardon me if I don't automatically trust the security guard and police officer in this stupid, asinine case, particularly when the trusted officer-of-the-law in this matter was caught on a cell phone video flipping off the cameraman.

What a professional, right guys? That certainly gives me every reason in the world to trust his version of events!!!!

It was what the Black patient reported -- which goes a long way towards explaining his less-than-cooperative reaction.

Since the appearance of cellphone video, it's funny how many times cop reports of Black suspects resisting arrest have been torn to shreds by bystander video evidence. So pardon me if I don't automatically trust the security guard and police officer in this stupid, asinine case, particularly when the trusted officer-of-the-law in this matter was caught on a cell phone video flipping off the cameraman.

What a professional, right guys? That certainly gives me every reason in the world to trust his version of events!!!!

I saw a video of a guy being arrested. That certainly gives me every reason in the world to trust his version of events.

So you’re still insisting that the doctor lied then. Since you saw a partial video of the arrest you must know all of the facts and know that the doctor actually did clear the patient to go walk wherever the hell he felt like even with a drug being administered to him through a needle stuck in his vein.

Good to know you have this so figured out and that the doctor is lying. Once again you’ve nailed it with little to no facts on hand!

So you’re still insisting that the doctor lied then.
The doctor didn’t lie, dinglebrain. I’m sure he told his patient to get up and walk around—even though patients never walk around attached to IVs, right Einstein?

You are making the assumption that it was the first thing out of the security guards mouth based on the word of a guy who was arrested, refused to show up for 2 interviews with an independent investigator, and then filed lawsuits against everybody and their dog. And you're only doing it because he's black. You're looking for confirmation bias against mounting evidence to the contrary.
thats all shookster ever does. thus the ever growing list of times he was definitely wrong despite evidence. oh but he admitted he was wrong 1 time guys!!!!!

thats all shookster ever does. thus the ever growing list of times he was definitely wrong despite evidence. oh but he admitted he was wrong 1 time guys!!!!!
I’m on record as saying I thought you are a decent guy I’d have a beer with. I was wrong. How’s that one?

I’m on record as saying I thought you are a decent guy I’d have a beer with. I was wrong. How’s that one?
you also hate you kids that smirk at professional protesters trying to get them to react in a negative fashion to make the news. no, i dont think id ever have a beer with you.

This is rapidly turning into yet ANOTHER case of Shookster digging his heels in on something having hurled around accusations of racism, only to look more and more stupid every time we learn more about this story, or he tries to justify a position he took that is increasingly indefensible.

My God, we go through this like once a month with this guy.

The doctor didn’t lie, dinglebrain. I’m sure he told his patient to get up and walk around—even though patients never walk around attached to IVs, right Einstein?

And back to this, how much longer are you going to keep pushing this total fabrication and lie as some sort of fact that you've actually verified? You quite literally invented in your head this idea that the doctor advised a patient, who had been there for 1 single day, that he should get up and "get some exercise" while being administered a drug with a needle in his vein.

You know the doctor didn't remotely approve this guy to walk outside while on an IV and you know your position crumbles when presented with this fact, so you're doing what you do now and going into delusional fantasyland, where you invent things and then present them as fact.

You quite literally invented in your head this idea that the doctor advised a patient, who had been there for 1 single day, that he should get up and "get some exercise" while being administered a drug with a needle in his vein.
I've "invented in my head" that doctors tell their hospital patients to 'get some exercise' while attached to an IV?

You truly are clueless.

You know the doctor didn't remotely approve this guy to walk outside while on an IV
Of course he didn't, Dimwat! No one is, or has been, arguing that!!!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Doc told his patient he had permission to get up and walk around.

It was our patient who took his doctor's comment to mean an outdoor walk was okay. This Black guy might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but that doesn't mean he deliberately lied.

I've "invented in my head" that doctors tell their hospital patients to 'get some exercise' while attached to an IV?

You truly are clueless.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Doc told his patient he had permission to get up and walk around.

It was our patient who took his doctor's comment to mean an outdoor walk was okay. This Black guy might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but that doesn't mean he deliberately lied.
Except it sounds more and more like he did lie. There were 4 people involved in this AND video evidence and yet no proof has been given that his story is accurate. You're acting like this is a cut and dried story about racism but so far nothing points to it other than a CNN narrative.

Regarding the smirking kid, you said you would believe his story if he wins his lawsuit. If Dukes loses his lawsuit will you admit that you were wrong on this and place the blame at his feet?

You truly are clueless.

are you implying that the guy isnt that smart because hes black?

are you implying that the guy isnt that smart because hes black?
This tactic should work, but it never does. Nobody ever sees racism in themselves even when it does exist. I'm not at all saying that Shuk is racist because I know he isn't, but even if he were he wouldn't acknowledge it.

You truly are clueless.

It is incredible that you are now passing off as a fact that this doctor told him he had permission "to get up and walk around" when you have no fuking clue if this is true or not. And you have no way of knowing if this is true or not. It's honestly incredible to witness what level of delusion you're able to sink to, when trying to defend a position that you've entrenched yourself into.

You're like a delusional version of George Costanza. "It's not a lie, if you believe it"

It is incredible that you are now passing off as a fact that this doctor told him he had permission "to get up and walk around" when you have no fuking clue if this is true or not.
Christ man, you continue to show your ignorance with each and every post. Do you actually believe patients can "get up and walk around" the halls of the hospital without a doctor's permission?

I know this will come as a huge shocker for you, but hospitals employ nurses who are there to make damn sure that the doctor's orders are followed with each and every patient, be it medication, diet, or exercise. And when it comes to exercise, a patient can't just go waltzing off down the hallways with his IV machine in hand without a nurse's help to leave his hospital room.

Christ man, you continue to show your ignorance with each and every post. Do you actually believe patients can "get up and walk around" the halls of the hospital without a doctor's permission?

I know this will come as a huge surprise, but the nurses are there to make damn sure that the doctor's orders are followed with each and every patient, be it medication or exercise. And when it comes to exercise, a patient can't just go waltzing off down the hallways with his IV machine in hand without a nurse's help to leave his hospital room.
What about leaving the hospital?

What about leaving the hospital?
Jesus, Crazy, how many times do I have to repeat this: He clearly did NOT have permission to leave the hospital hallways for a walk outdoors.

Does that make him a criminal? Hell, no.

Jesus, Crazy, how many times do I have to repeat this: He clearly did NOT have permission to leave the hospital hallways for a walk outdoors.

Oh. So he left the hospital with their property without permission, was questioned, eventually arrested for disorderly conduct, and yet this is all about racism.

so now you finally admit that he did not have explicit permission to leave the hospital hallways with the iv still hooked up. what about being outside the building and walking away from the hospital grounds?

do you think he and his entourage becoming very aggressive with the security guard while he was in fact outside and leaving the hospital property?

guys we are so close to a break through moment right now...

ADVERTISEMENT