ADVERTISEMENT

Houston vs FSU Noon Today

What's funny is the conferences biggest game/win might not have as many people watching as several of last weeks losses. Noon on a work day? Very strange time for a big 6 bowl.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What's funny is the conferences biggest game/win might not have as many people watching as several of last weeks losses. Noon on a work day? Very strange time for a big 6 bowl.

We had amazing exposure in 2014. Really sucks for Houston's chance to be on the big stage.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?

Finding every way to diminish the G5 they can. 3 straight years of victories in the New Years 6 games would be real nice.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Houston put on a very good show. No one has stopped Cook this year. That includes Clemson.

Well done, Houston. UCF beat a #6. Boise beat a #10. Now Houston beat a #9. The top G5 teams (even though technically we were a BCS team, not a G5 at the time) that have been given a chance have performed extremely well. To state the obvious, we need a more inclusive playoff scenario.

Well done, Houston. UCF beat a #6. Boise beat a #10. Now Houston beat a #9. The top G5 teams (even though technically we were a BCS team, not a G5 at the time) that have been given a chance have performed extremely well. To state the obvious, we need a more inclusive playoff scenario.

7 or 8 team playoff with the last seed going to the highest ranked G5 is my idea. Gives the G5 something to play for, gives the #2 team a "bye" if they want to believe that and gives it that march madness cinderella vibe.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Congrats Houston...winning games that matter! I remember those days;) When will the experts get it through their head that the G5 school in a major bowl isn't a joke? All morning Houston just got dumped on. During the game one of the announcers actually said, "How could Dalvin Cook rush for 150 yds/game against the ACC but couldn't run on Houston today." As if Houston are a bunch of unorganized retards running around on the field. Answer: You are all morons and must have watched nothing of what Houston did all year. By my account the G5 are 7-3 in major bowls over the last decade (maybe 7-4 if you count Boise State losing to TCU). Hawaii and NIU are two of those 3 losses and they had no business being in those games. Everybody knew they were going to get crushed because they played little defense and had nothing in the trenches. Other than that we've handled the pressure well and performed when it counted.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Was at the game. I was impressed with the number of fans Houston had there. Probably 2:1 FSU:Houston they made a lot of noise on defense.

Congrats Houston...winning games that matter! I remember those days;) When will the experts get it through their head that the G5 school in a major bowl isn't a joke? All morning Houston just got dumped on. During the game one of the announcers actually said, "How could Dalvin Cook rush for 150 yds/game against the ACC but couldn't run on Houston today." As if Houston are a bunch of unorganized retards running around on the field. Answer: You are all morons and must have watched nothing of what Houston did all year. By my account the G5 are 7-3 in major bowls over the last decade (maybe 7-4 if you count Boise State losing to TCU). Hawaii and NIU are two of those 3 losses and they had no business being in those games. Everybody knew they were going to get crushed because they played little defense and had nothing in the trenches. Other than that we've handled the pressure well and performed when it counted.

they need to learn that if a G5 Program is from Texas or Florida they have enough talent to hang if they come into the game w over 10 wins. Boise is the anomaly. Any MAC Program(NIU, BG) deserves to be dumped on

Last edited:
Houston is a great team. I have a lot of respect for them. And I'm not surprised they did what they did. And no we don't have any excuses. They shut down Dalvin Cook. Their QB is very good. Their Secondary covered our WRs.

As for the AAC in the Playoff, just schedule big out of conference and win those games and an AAC team can make it in. The top of the AAC is comparable to the Power 5 conferences. The problem is the bottom of the conference like SMU, Tulane, ect. aren't on par with the bottom teams in the Major Conferences. That can be corrected by balancing the conference schedule with a real challenging non-conference slate.

Houston plays Oklahoma to open the 2016 season. That is the kind of games you have to schedule. But no question Houston beating FSU definitely proves the AAC belongs.

Houston is a great team. I have a lot of respect for them. And I'm not surprised they did what they did. And no we don't have any excuses. They shut down Dalvin Cook. Their QB is very good. Their Secondary covered our WRs.

As for the AAC in the Playoff, just schedule big out of conference and win those games and an AAC team can make it in. The top of the AAC is comparable to the Power 5 conferences. The problem is the bottom of the conference like SMU, Tulane, ect. aren't on par with the bottom teams in the Major Conferences. That can be corrected by balancing the conference schedule with a real challenging non-conference slate.

Houston plays Oklahoma to open the 2016 season. That is the kind of games you have to schedule. But no question Houston beating FSU definitely proves the AAC belongs.

That will be an interesting matchup to start the season for sure. I'll be watching that game.

7-3 is the record I go with. And that's not counting UCF over Baylor bc of our autobid.

The BCS bowl records by conference were

ACC: 5-13
Big 10: 12-15
Big 12: 10-12
Big East (AAC in 2013): 9-7
MAC: 0-1
MWC: 4-1
Pac 12: 12-8
SEC: 17-10
WAC: 2-1

The BE/AAC was very solid.

Back to the Houston game.

I called it once FSU Gloson wasn't playing. Houston was #3 in turnover margin. I predicted plus 4 for Houston, and scoring over 30 points. No team scored more than 24 against them and they averaged giving up only 16. Houston held FSU to net of 16 rushing yards.

This wasn't just a win. It was domination on all parts of the game.

Reactions: MasterKnight
ok who can dig up this info. How do the local TV ratings of Houston games compare to UCF in 2013? specifically the bigger games like Peach(vs Fiesta in Orlando) , Louisville, and other comparable games on the same network

7-3 is the record I go with. And that's not counting UCF over Baylor bc of our autobid.

The BCS bowl records by conference were

ACC: 5-13
Big 10: 12-15
Big 12: 10-12
Big East (AAC in 2013): 9-7
MAC: 0-1
MWC: 4-1
Pac 12: 12-8
SEC: 17-10
WAC: 2-1

The BE/AAC was very solid.

Back to the Houston game.

I called it once FSU Gloson wasn't playing. Houston was #3 in turnover margin. I predicted plus 4 for Houston, and scoring over 30 points. No team scored more than 24 against them and they averaged giving up only 16. Houston held FSU to net of 16 rushing yards.

This wasn't just a win. It was domination on all parts of the game.

LOL you called it as if Golson was this great QB who wasn't benched for Maguire. FSU had little to play for. Notice Clemson didn't dominate FSU this year like Houston did unless of course you think Houston > Clemson.

Little to play for is an excuse losers (see Gators) come up with when they get annihilated. You play to beat the other team, for a major bowl victory and for the seniors playing their last game. With only 4 teams with a chance to win a championship 99.9% of the games played all season feature teams with "little to play for". The Gators haven't had anything to play for this entire decade.

Little to play for is an excuse losers (see Gators) come up with when they get annihilated. You play to beat the other team, for a major bowl victory and for the seniors playing their last game. With only 4 teams with a chance to win a championship 99.9% of the games played all season feature teams with "little to play for". The Gators haven't had anything to play for this entire decade.

Do you really expect anything you say to have any effect on me? It's UCF v UF. 0-12 v 10 wins. 3 titles v 0.

Yes if you weren't in the playoff or bcs title game this decade then you haven't had anything to play for unless you are a little G5 team wanting to be heard to get in the big boys club.

Schools like UF play for titles not consolation bowl games.

Congrats on having such a great win-win situation. If you beat Michigan then you were the better team and the Gator fan arrogance would be palpable, but when you get curb stomped instead then it was because you had "little to play for". Teaching players to block the other team instead of each other or to properly wipe their ass is not a priority when you have had so little to play for in the past 6 seasons.

LOL you called it as if Golson was this great QB who wasn't benched for Maguire. FSU had little to play for. Notice Clemson didn't dominate FSU this year like Houston did unless of course you think Houston > Clemson.

Why do you think all these teams have little to play for? That is a very lame argument. How the hell do you know? Did you ask or get into the head of every Gator or FSU player? There are only 4 teams in the playoffs. That's such a loser mentality.

Do you really expect anything you say to have any effect on me? It's UCF v UF. 0-12 v 10 wins. 3 titles v 0.

Yes if you weren't in the playoff or bcs title game this decade then you haven't had anything to play for unless you are a little G5 team wanting to be heard to get in the big boys club.

Good luck with that. So.., I guess the Gators should shut down their program, because they aren't making the playoffs anytime in the near future. It's extremely rare. They will have Harris or a freshman next year at QB. I can see the coach saying at the beginning of the year. "Guys if we lose 1-2 games, you might as well just pack it in and not get up for any game, because once the playoff is out of reach, the season is over." How stupid does that sound?

Houston may be better than Clemson too. Not bc of the transitive property but bc Houston is that good. But we will never know without a legit playoff and postseason.

All we know is Houston is much better than FSU. Are you doubting that? Lol. Hehe haha. Facts are facts Jack. Did you watch the game?

Do I think Houston is better than Clemson? Probably not, but there is no proof that they aren't. Houston is good and I seriously doubt Clemson would blow them out. I know it sounds crazy, but did you watch the game? Houston IS very good. Clemson could have easily lost to NC and NC got completely crushed.

I wouldn't go that far.. Clemson let off the gas or lost focus to have some of those games closer than they should have been. Clemson's offense and QB runs a similar style that Houston does but the difference is they have NFL type speed & talent rotating on both lines & Watson is a much better passer than Ward. Just look at how much Clemson physically dominated Oklahoma in that 2nd half, the Sooners knew what was coming and could do nothing

This isn't a knock on Houston. I just think the eye test down the stretch I would have Alabama, Clemson, and Stanford a step above the rest w the way they are playing all things being equal on turnover margin

Last edited:
[QUOTE="MasterKnight, post: 479619, member: 3516"

Schools like UF play for titles not consolation bowl games.[/QUOTE]

Certainly not conf titles...as it took UF over 80 years to even win their first legit conf title.

In just UCF's 4th year of Conf Play...UCF played for a Conf Title...and then won their first conf title just 2 years later and then 3 more over next 7 years.

Many UCF Alumni have been able to watch soooo many firsts for UCF...while almost all UF fans can only read about their history.

[QUOTE="MasterKnight, post: 479619, member: 3516"

Certainly not conf titles...as it took UF over 80 years to even win their first legit conf title.

In just UCF's 4th year of Conf Play...UCF played for a Conf Title...and then won their first conf title just 2 years later and then 3 more over next 7 years.

Many UCF Alumni have been able to watch soooo many firsts for UCF...while almost all UF fans can only read about their history.[/QUOTE]

That is all you got? That is supposed to convince someone it has been better to be a UCF fan than of UF? Ha

Congrats on having such a great win-win situation. If you beat Michigan then you were the better team and the Gator fan arrogance would be palpable, but when you get curb stomped instead then it was because you had "little to play for". Teaching players to block the other team instead of each other or to properly wipe their ass is not a priority when you have had so little to play for in the past 6 seasons.

Yet those 2 bloopers still don't compare to 0-12. Have done it twice in the past 11 years actually. Might want to stick to going after the likes of usf, Memphis and ecu. UF is too big league and accomplished to be attacked by the likes of UCF

Good luck with that. So.., I guess the Gators should shut down their program, because they aren't making the playoffs anytime in the near future. It's extremely rare. They will have Harris or a freshman next year at QB. I can see the coach saying at the beginning of the year. "Guys if we lose 1-2 games, you might as well just pack it in and not get up for any game, because once the playoff is out of reach, the season is over." How stupid does that sound?

What? They were close to making it this year. No they wouldn't mail it in so early because they have pro scouts who are watching and some do play for pride. Again, folks if you would take the time and read what I type I said that SOME, meaning not all, don't take bowl games as seriously as a season game where a conference or natl title is still at stake.

Why do you think all these teams have little to play for? That is a very lame argument. How the hell do you know? Did you ask or get into the head of every Gator or FSU player? There are only 4 teams in the playoffs. That's such a loser mentality.

Because they are not hunting for a conference title or a championship. Because pro prospects are thinking about the draft and don't want to risk getting hurt when their resume has basically already been written. It's an exhibition game designed to make money for sponsors and schools.

It is valuable to the G5 because it is their chance to show they belong in the P5 and for its pro prospects to increase their stock doing well v top talent. You all know it's true. You just don't like the messenger and the fact it diminishes the G5 and UCFs bowl wins.

What? They were close to making it this year. No they wouldn't mail it in so early because they have pro scouts who are watching and some do play for pride. Again, folks if you would take the time and read what I type I said that SOME, meaning not all, don't take bowl games as seriously as a season game where a conference or natl title is still at stake.

You just changed your whole story. Now we are talking about conference championships????? I thought we were talking about the playoffs being the only thing that matters to UF and FSU. You still haven't told me what players that you have asked about this.

So you think FSU and UF players thought that these games were exhibition games? Hahahahahaha. Sure looked that way
Looking at their faces in the end.

When you don't have a rebuttal, sometimes it's best to just keep quiet and let it go

By the way.,, when was UF or FSU close? At game 6,7, or 8. Give me a break.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT