ADVERTISEMENT

How crippled will you be financially under Bernie's tax plan?

bread lines are a good thing
Just think about the ads that the RNC will run against him in the general. All they have to do is play clips of him talking or show quotes from his book where he talked about how women fantasize about being raped.

Reagan Mondale 2.0

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's way more than just penalizing productive people. Under Bernie's plan, we lose 3.3 million jobs, and gdp drops 5%. Less productive people are the first to lose their jobs so we'll have more people making no money at all.
PSA: Don't trust numbers from a dude who is probably in the lowest tax bracket who thinks he'll be taxed 52% on stocks he probably doesn't own.

PSA: Don't trust numbers from a dude who is probably in the lowest tax bracket who thinks he'll be taxed 52% on stocks he probably doesn't own.
Read the Tax Foundations review of bernies plans instead of being an asshat, then respond.

Crazy, what was your number on www.bernietax.com?

I guarantee your bumpkin ass came out ahead and you're too stubborn to realize that, while you don't feel like you're having a hard time financially, you're the exact type of person that's being squeezed by corporate greed.

You have decided that it's more valuable to you to feel like you're part of the "hard working productive class" that Bernie wants to hurt vs the truth that you're the type of person that is funneling up their cash so Bezos can buy 3 houses instead of two.

Stop being stubborn and realize that when people who are ACTUALLY successful are faced with a decision to have more money or less money they ALWAYS take more money. You're so focused on being right that you're willing to vote against your own best interests and the interests of your family on some theoretical macro economic bullshit that is designed to scare you.

Crazy, what was your number on www.bernietax.com?

I guarantee your bumpkin ass came out ahead and you're too stubborn to realize that, while you don't feel like you're having a hard time financially, you're the exact type of person that's being squeezed by corporate greed.

You have decided that it's more valuable to you to feel like you're part of the "hard working productive class" that Bernie wants to hurt vs the truth that you're the type of person that is funneling up their cash so Bezos can buy 3 houses instead of two.

Stop being stubborn and realize that when people who are ACTUALLY successful are faced with a decision to have more money or less money they ALWAYS take more money. You're so focused on being right that you're willing to vote against your own best interests and the interests of your family on some theoretical macro economic bullshit that is designed to scare you.

-3052.50. Of course that number doesnt take into account all of his plans, just healthcare which is only 1/3rd of his spending.

-3052.50. Of course that number doesnt take into account all of his plans, just healthcare which is only 1/3rd of his spending.

1. I know you're not making 200k per year. You once asked me what my MBA was in.

2. I know you renovate houses. No one who's doing the labor on their own projects clears 200k especially not with Midwest home prices.

That leads me to believe that you don't pay for health insurance or healthcare at all or you don't understand how to calculate your healthcare costs.

In that case. Congrats you can now go to the doctor when you get sick! 3k well spent.

Question - why does it even matter the specific tax bracket? This tax policy will slow economic growth, decrease investment activity, and punish those most productive. How about the government moves to more automation? Reduces head count in government offices. Fixes USPS issues. Pushes up retirement age another year. List goes on and on. Maybe get more government employees on a 401k equivalent plan too.

Question - why does it even matter the specific tax bracket? This tax policy will slow economic growth, decrease investment activity, and punish those most productive. How about the government moves to more automation? Reduces head count in government offices. Fixes USPS issues. Pushes up retirement age another year. List goes on and on. Maybe get more government employees on a 401k equivalent plan too.

"Punish those most productive?"

You mean the only ones who have gained any wealth over the last 20 years might still gain more than everyone else but slightly less than they're used to? It would be a shame if the wealthy only stayed exactly wealth as they already are like the rest of the classes have done since Regan was in office. I can't even imagine how hard it would be for the wealthy class if they experienced the same level of economic growth as their workers. It would be catastrophic.

1. I know you're not making 200k per year. You once asked me what my MBA was in.

2. I know you renovate houses. No one who's doing the labor on their own projects clears 200k especially not with Midwest home prices.

That leads me to believe that you don't pay for health insurance or healthcare at all or you don't understand how to calculate your healthcare costs.

In that case. Congrats you can now go to the doctor when you get sick! 3k well spent.

Lol, ok bud. As I recall you claimed you had an MBA in economics or some bullcrap.

I'm an electrical contractor that specializes in automation so it's not hard to clear 150k per year on regular work for me. Yes, I flip houses on the side and on average make about 40k per house. The one I'm finishing up right now, I bought for 19k, put 40k into it, and I'll sell it in the 115k range.

I have a CHM healthcare plan which is not terribly expensive.

It's funny that you think it's hard to make 200k per year but then say 2 million in savings isnt much money for a retiree.

Lol, ok bud. As I recall you claimed you had an MBA in economics or some bullcrap.

I'm an electrical contractor that specializes in automation so it's not hard to clear 150k per year on regular work for me. Yes, I flip houses on the side and on average make about 40k per house. The one I'm finishing up right now, I bought for 19k, put 40k into it, and I'll sell it in the 115k range.

It's funny that you think it's hard to make 200k per year but then say 2 million in savings isnt much money for a retiree.
hes all over the place because sometimes he likes to put his actual feelings in his posts as well as troll a bit.

Reactions: Crazyhole

Look, I live in the Midwest. I know for a fact you cannot buy a house for 19k in a neighborhood that has homes selling for 115k. Let's be real. You may get 80k. You probably typed 80k and then did the math and deleted it and changed it to 115k so you could defend your obvious lie that you make 200k annually and you're on a junk ass healthcare plan. We both know it's not true.

No one making 200k is on a junk healthcare plan and if you are then you deserve better coverage.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You're purpose is punishing the productive instead of lifting up existing into the next economic tier. Different mindset.

Bernie is a great example though of a POS rich guy. Donates almost nothing but wants to be generous with others money. See how that works for the ruling class and fans of dictatorships.

Look, I live in the Midwest. I know for a fact you cannot buy a house for 19k in a neighborhood that has homes selling for 115k. Let's be real. You may get 80k. You probably typed 80k and then did the math and deleted it and changed it to 115k so you could defend your obvious lie that you make 200k annually and you're on a junk ass healthcare plan. We both know it's not true.

No one making 200k is on a junk healthcare plan and if you are then you deserve better coverage.

You obviously dont know anything about house flipping or housing markets. No judgment there because most people dont. I'm in a unique position because I have experience in every aspect of residential construction so I can identify issues with houses that scare most people away which arent as expensive to fix as they think. In 2012, I bought a house for 10k that was a nuisance property owned by a hoarder, put 50k into it and sold it for 119. It recently sold again for 140k. The one I'm finishing up right now was a house that the previous owner had lived in for 3 years without water or electricity and lost it because he ran his car into the house across the street (175k valuation) and didnt have insurance. The guy had AIDS so people were afraid of the house so I bought it on the cheap.

You're not as smart as you would like to think.

@Crazyhole I'm not going to troll you on this but you just cannot compare CFM plans with MFA. You've shared personal stories that I won't bring up with the intent of winning an argument but I think you need to really put some thought into what is and what isn't covered for you and your family. MFA is comprehensive. Medical Dental Vision Mental Health are all covered 100%. If you think you and your family are going to be worse off with access to all of those important services then by all means vote for your self interest. But if you are voting for your ideology and it is preventing your family from being taken care of with ALL of their health needs then I think you should take some time and think about what is most important. If not for you then for families that are in a similar spot. Thats all. No troll.

I do honestly think Bernie and others have people like you in mind when they design their plans. You're a contract employee with a self employed side gig. You're adding to the economy you should be able to receive healthcare that is robust while still being entrepreneurial.

If you honestly think you don't want a better plan then so be it but if you can't afford a plan with mental health coverage and your family has been through all you have shared then that's not ok, you shouldn't accept that as ok and I hope you would vote for something better even if it means voting someone who you aren't ideologically aligned with.

You mean the only ones who have gained any wealth over the last 20 years might still gain more than everyone else but slightly less than they're used to? It would be a shame if the wealthy only stayed exactly wealth as they already are like the rest of the classes have done since Regan was in office. I can't even imagine how hard it would be for the wealthy class if they experienced the same level of economic growth as their workers. It would be catastrophic.
The most productive members of society just put a billion in a bank and earn in a year what ten non productive people will earn in a lifetime. Why should capital gains be taxed at the same rate as the rate non productive people are taxed? That wouldn’t make sense.

The most productive members of society just put a billion in a bank and earn in a year what ten non productive people will earn in a lifetime. Why should capital gains be taxed at the same rate as the rate non productive people are taxed? That wouldn’t make sense.

In general you want to spir investment so I like the lower tax rate on capital gains. My only tweak would be if your employment income is over 30% stock based, then tax that their specific bracket rate.

@Crazyhole I'm not going to troll you on this but you just cannot compare CFM plans with MFA. You've shared personal stories that I won't bring up with the intent of winning an argument but I think you need to really put some thought into what is and what isn't covered for you and your family. MFA is comprehensive. Medical Dental Vision Mental Health are all covered 100%. If you think you and your family are going to be worse off with access to all of those important services then by all means vote for your self interest. But if you are voting for your ideology and it is preventing your family from being taken care of with ALL of their health needs then I think you should take some time and think about what is most important. If not for you then for families that are in a similar spot. Thats all. No troll.

I do honestly think Bernie and others have people like you in mind when they design their plans. You're a contract employee with a self employed side gig. You're adding to the economy you should be able to receive healthcare that is robust while still being entrepreneurial.

If you honestly think you don't want a better plan then so be it but if you can't afford a plan with mental health coverage and your family has been through all you have shared then that's not ok, you shouldn't accept that as ok and I hope you would vote for something better even if it means voting someone who you aren't ideologically aligned with.

I do compare them and that's why I chose the route that I did. I'll take a plan with a 10k deductible that only costs me 3600 bucks a year over a 5k deductible that costs me 9600 bucks a year every day of the week. Myself and my family are generally healthy people and I can handle a higher deductible if it becomes necessary so it's a no-brainer. What I save in premiums pays for the deductible in less than a years time and from that point on it's all gravy. Even if I have to pay for psychological care for my daughter and eyeglasses for all 4 of us it doesnt add up to enough to switch plans. But then again, I actually take into account the consumer part of the equation unlike many people.

Also, I'm not an employee. I haven't been an employee since I was 19.

I do compare them and that's why I chose the route that I did. I'll take a plan with a 10k deductible that only costs me 3600 bucks a year over a 5k deductible that costs me 9600 bucks a year every day of the week. Myself and my family are generally healthy people and I can handle a higher deductible if it becomes necessary so it's a no-brainer. What I save in premiums pays for the deductible in less than a years time and from that point on it's all gravy. Even if I have to pay for psychological care for my daughter and eyeglasses for all 4 of us it doesnt add up to enough to switch plans. But then again, I actually take into account the consumer part of the equation unlike many people.

Also, I'm not an employee. I haven't been an employee since I was 19.

I'm sorry, in that case I'm not seeing how you come out behind on Bernies plan unless you only included your premiums. You have your $3600 annually, 4 people that need eye exams and glasses. Mental health appointments. Regular checkups, normal illnesses, any regular prescriptions, 4 dental appointments per year X4 people any cavities that come up at the very very bare minimum. I think you used the website wrong and I think you're also overlooking the fact that all of that stuff exists when you're in "good health"

Imagine how much you'd save if anything went wrong.

Sanders just admitted again that he really doesn’t have a plan to pay for his $97 Trillion in new spending but here is @fried-chicken assuring everyone they’ll be better off either way

[roll]

The fact that you think outright lying is the only way you can make your political points says a lot about you and your political position

Why do you care then? If they're still wealthy either way, you're really just saying that you want to tax them more to stick it to them since you've swallowed the shit Sanders has been spewing about rich people being evil. If we're talking about seizing money from these billionaires, the question is who deploys capital better, them or Comrade Sanders? The answer is easily them.

There's this crazy thing- most billionaires you see today have that money because they're really good at what they do. They built businesses that have conquered the world. They employ collectively hundreds of thousands of people. If taxing their capital gains at 15% means more proceeds to reinvest elsewhere then good. It sure beats some communist dickhead in DC trying to decide which victim class deserves it or not.

Plus you don't understand basic investing and risk assessment 101. Most of these billionaires have the majority of their wealth tied up in stock with unrealized gains or losses. People and mutual funds invest or don't invest in companies based upon how invested the CEO is in his own company. If you drastically change the risk profile or keeping stock in or not based upon a 15% vs. 45% tax rate, you'll see CEOs selling out way quicker if there is any question about the long term corporate plan. It's worth the risk at 15%, maybe not 45%.

Good luck to you and anyone else who has equity investments when CEOs are selling stock and spooking investors when they dont' want to stick it out any longer thanks to tax rates.

Sanders just admitted again that he really doesn’t have a plan to pay for his $97 Trillion in new spending but here is @fried-chicken assuring everyone they’ll be better off either way

[roll]

Of course he can't pay for the ridiculous "plan". It would force additional massive taxes. So the rosey numbers of being better off is a farse. The country will start sinking into a recession.

I have a plan, it's quite simple.

Find a country that does it. (Hundreds to choose from)

Be wealthier than them. (Already are)

Do what they do. (Copy paste)

If hundreds of countries with less money than us, including shithole nations like Cuba, can do it then we can do it.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
I have a plan, it's quite simple.

Find a country that does it. (Hundreds to choose from)

Be wealthier than them. (Already are)

Do what they do. (Copy paste)

If hundreds of countries with less money than us, including shithole nations like Cuba, can do it then we can do it.

Maybe there is a reason they have less money than us.

Maybe there is a reason they have less money than us.

Lol...and it isn't like those countries have cutting edge medical technology or even advanced medical education. And if they screw up you can't have dirt bag lawyers ready to sue.

Healthcare needs some shakeups, but full government control will make it 10x worse. Not a good track record.

Lol...and it isn't like those countries have cutting edge medical technology or even advanced medical education. And if they screw up you can't have dirt bag lawyers ready to sue.

Healthcare needs some shakeups, but full government control will make it 10x worse. Not a good track record.
And yet they have longer life expectancy.

How's the life expectancy in cuba compare to the US?

Isn't that the macro goal of medical care?

Which of these countries is the shithole nation and which of these countries has the world class healthcare system?

Why are we paying more for worse results? I knokw you want companies to make shit loads of money more than anything else in life but it's just not as good and poor countries are out performing us. It's no longer acceptable.

People here love to wring their hands over the cost of Bernie's health care plan but don't blink an eye at Trump's spending. One of the funny things I've noticed is that the cost of Progressive plans are reported in ten year totals and Conservative expenses in one.

Trump has spent nearly 100 Billion dollars on the military since taking office. Where did that money come from?

People here love to wring their hands over the cost of Bernie's health care plan but don't blink an eye at Trump's spending. One of the funny things I've noticed is that the cost of Progressive plans are reported in ten year totals and Conservative expenses in one.

Trump has spent nearly 100 Billion dollars on the military since taking office. Where did that money come from?
It's not an either or though we can have a strong military and healthcare. We're already spending the money on healthcare we are just getting less for it with fewer people covered. Crazyhole is on some barebones Christian partnership plan and is talking about how he's gambling on his health. He is willing to vote against his self interest because of culture wars. Our country is turbo ****ed if 46% of the population think that's normal.

It's not an either or though we can have a strong military and healthcare. We're already spending the money on healthcare we are just getting less for it with fewer people covered. Crazyhole is on some barebones Christian partnership plan and is talking about how he's gambling on his health. He is willing to vote against his self interest because of culture wars. Our country is turbo ****ed if 46% of the population think that's normal.
All that spending gets us the most advanced healthcare that only the rich can afford. It keeps the medical companies paying out good dividends though. Stock market amirite? Meanwhile Cuba is developing cheap technologies like a lung cancer vaccine that in trials has nearly doubled the 5 year survivability of the illness. But since it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, how could it be a preferable option to bankrupting a family and then dying anyway? At least then you can say you have it the ole college try.

Why does it bother you so much that I like my health insurance? I've already come out ahead financially.

Congrats on not getting sick. Hope that keeps working out for you.

I love my work insurance too. I pay zero premiums for health, dental, and vision....but go on about the awesomeness of raising taxes. Let's tweak the existing and not break the existing. I think there are plenty of options to reduce costs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT