ADVERTISEMENT

How the committee will be forced to move us up in the rankings

Temple has bowl eligibility to play for as well, which is something I wasn't expecting a few weeks ago. They've found a bit of a groove and we need to come to play and erase any thought in their minds that they can win.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Committee needs to leave themselves wiggle room. We'll get moved up, as high as top 10, on the final rankings that decide the playoff teams.
If we lose, even to USF or Memphis, we'll drop out of the top25.
I can see us beating USF and Memphis and they finish Top 25 by the end of year. If we lose once, we're out for good.**

Frost had his backup QB in and he's calling plays based on what might get him a passing TD, not what the playoff committee would think. Why wouldn't you want to play for this guy? Pretty cool.

JC. We're not outside of the Top 25 due to one loss.

Most of you said USF would be gone too due to 1 loss.

Wrong.
USF is not in the CFP ranking (then one that matters), never has been. Yeah we aren't dropping from 12 in coaches to out with a loss, but probably the CFP poll.

The argument was made that USF would drop out before the CFP rankings ever came out I believe. But yea, I hear ya.
I think the standard is about 9-10 spots for a loss for a G5 and it is pretty consistent. USF dropped from 17th to not ranked in the AP and 14th to 23rd in coaches with a loss to Houston. I don't think there was ever a question of them being ranked in the CFP with a loss seeing as they don't have a single respectable win.

I think the standard is about 9-10 spots for a loss for a G5 and it is pretty consistent. USF dropped from 17th to not ranked in the AP and 14th to 23rd in coaches with a loss to Houston. I don't think there was ever a question of them being ranked in the CFP with a loss seeing as they don't have a single respectable win.
If UCF loses to Temple it will never sniff the Top 25 again...

Committee holds true to form and still has never ranked an undefeated American team behind a 3 loss team.

Ranking a Wash St. team that got blown out by Cal and Arizona ahead of us is straight dumb though.

Oh well, take it out on Temple!

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Committee holds true to form and still has never ranked an undefeated American team behind a 3 loss team.

Ranking a Wash St. team that got blown out by Cal and Arizona ahead of us is straight dumb though.

Oh well, take it out on Temple!
It's so when Washington beats them they can jump us in the rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT