ADVERTISEMENT

How the committee will be forced to move us up in the rankings

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
It's obvious the committee has been charged with the task of ranking the G-5 programs as low as possible so that there is no way we are able to make the top 4. I get it, but it's a total joke that they have us as low as they have us.

But we will be on the rise this week, unless they rank us behind 3 loss teams which I can't see them doing.

#18 UCF will blow out UCONN
#17 Virginia Tech (7-2) could lose at Georgia Tech (VT only 3 pt favorite)
#16 Miss St (7-2) will lose at home to #2 Alabama (9-0)
#15 Oklahoma St (7-2) could lose at #21 Iowa St (6-3)
#13 Ohio St (7-2) hosts # 12 Michigan St (7-2) so loser will drop below UCF
#10 Auburn (7-2) could lose at home to #1 Georgia (9-0)
#9 Washington (8-1) could lose at Stanford (6-3) (Wash only 6 pt favorite)
#8 Wisconsin (9-0) hosts #20 Iowa (6-3) (if Iowa plays like they did last week, they could win)
#7 Miami (8-0) is a home underdog to #3 Notre Dame (8-1)
#6 TCU (8-1) is at #5 Oklahoma (8-1) a blowout loss could drop that team below UCF

I'm predicting at least a rise to 15, with potential of jumping up to 12 if things fall the right way.

Time to sit back, enjoy some chaos, and watch the College Football Playoff Committee have no other choice but to move us up.

Go Knights!!!

Auburn will be ranked ahead of UCF at 7-3. They will likely be ranked ahead at 8-4. Miss State will probably move up win or lose.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
We just have to keep winning. That is all. That stuff is out of our control. As of today, if we don’t win Black Friday and the conference championship, then we didn’t win the games that matter.

Reactions: dbmullet
YAAAASSS!
(UCF #17)
(UCF #16)
(winner ranked ahead of us: UCF #16)
(both still ranked ahead of us: UCF #16)
(both ranked ahead of us UCF: #17)
#8 Wisconsin (9-0) hosts #20 Iowa (6-3) (if Iowa plays like they did last week, they could win)
(both ranked ahead of us: UCF #18)
#6 TCU (8-1) is at #5 Oklahoma (8-1) a blowout loss could drop that team below UCF

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
UCF will finished undefeated and yet 2 loss Memphis will by ranked higher, but at least the rules say you have to win your conference for the NY6 bid right?**

Reactions: mattropolis
Best bet is 16. And only if VT and MSU lose. 17 if only one of them lose. We ain't jumping anyone else.

Unfortunately the only thing that fraud of a Committee are forced to do is keep G5 teams as low as possible. If I had to guess there is a good chance that a 3 loss team (Iowa or Iowa State) would jump UCF if they win this weekend.

The only thing UCF can do is win out. Even then with the bias it will be difficult to break the Top 10.
It’s a damn farce

YAAAASSS!
(UCF #17)
(UCF #16)
(winner ranked ahead of us: UCF #16)
(both ranked ahead of us UCF: #17)

Still think Mich St stays ranked ahead of us?

rooting for this to happen - #16 Miss St (7-2) will lose at home to #2 Alabama (9-0)

but they could just leave us at 18.

Agree, Miss St. with one of those magical good losses stays ahead. The ceiling is probably 15 but I would guess 16 since it would be hard not to move up.

Side note, did I️ hear right that Iowa st had a LB playing QB and almost beat OKie St? They definitely should stay ahead /:

We didn't get much help from our opponents tonight. FIU, Maryland, Cincinnati, ECU, and SMU all lost. Memphis had a bye, only Navy and Austin Peay won.

I used to think we should be top 10 but we don't have a defense that will let us compete with top 10 teams. A bad Mizzou team held UCONN to half as many points. That doesn't help the committee thinking we should be higher.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I used to think we should be top 10 but we don't have a defense that will let us compete with top 10 teams. A bad Mizzou team held UCONN to half as many points. That doesn't help the committee thinking we should be higher.
Your bad Missouri example just beats 2 SEC teams by an average margin of over 30 points so may be possible they are playing better. There result agains UConn notwithstanding, UConn is terrible, yes we made mistakes and have things to cleanup. Those are mainly on the offense like fumbling trying for an extra yard when going in to score. The defense allowing 7 second half points the past 2 games and 17 overall to some pretty good offenses is not the problem. If there even is a “problem” in a game win by 4 touchdowns. Yes I intentionally excluded the touchdown UConn scores with 30 seconds left against second string down by 30+ points.

We should jump the 3-loss teams (Miss State, Michigan State and V Tec) to #15, unless W State gets in there.
We could be #13 if the B12 (TCU) and P12 (Wash) bias is applied. The problem is the G-5 bias may be stronger
No way we jump ND or the other 2-loss teams due to CFP committee

We should jump the 3-loss teams (Miss State, Michigan State and V Tec) to #15, unless W State gets in there.
We could be #13 if the B12 (TCU) and P12 (Wash) bias is applied. The problem is the G-5 bias may be stronger
No way we jump ND or the other 2-loss teams due to CFP committee
This is hilarious. I can't believe that we are even having to discussion about jumping 3 loss teams. You wouid think it's a given. However, Mississippi State only lost to Alabama by 7, so that's a win. They should move up!

[roll]

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Your bad Missouri example just beats 2 SEC teams by an average margin of over 30 points so may be possible they are playing better. There result agains UConn notwithstanding, UConn is terrible, yes we made mistakes and have things to cleanup. Those are mainly on the offense like fumbling trying for an extra yard when going in to score. The defense allowing 7 second half points the past 2 games and 17 overall to some pretty good offenses is not the problem. If there even is a “problem” in a game win by 4 touchdowns. Yes I intentionally excluded the touchdown UConn scores with 30 seconds left against second string down by 30+ points.
The 2 teams they beat are now looking for new head coaches. Next argument needed.

Some fans are just insufferable I guess why not enjoy the comfortable win to get to an unexpected 9-0?

We need Navy to upset Notre Dame next week - then again with our luck 3 loss Navy jumps us because they dont know if were called Golden Knights or Knights.
If they want to be honest that needs to be taken into consideration knowing an AAC team beat a relevant Top 25 team. Now if ND falls afterwards, its value will be severely depreciated.

Reactions: mattropolis
ND is going to stomp Navy. Don't get fooled by the Miami game. They will run the ball down Navy's throat. They had a bad game, but this still the team that demolished USC, NC State, Mich St and bunch of other teams. Navy is down this year.

ND is going to stomp Navy. Don't get fooled by the Miami game. They will run the ball down Navy's throat. They had a bad game, but this still the team that demolished USC, NC State, Mich St and bunch of other teams. Navy is down this year.
Perhaps but it still needs to happen whether they can do it or not obviously. Navy escaped SMU with a 43-40 home win.

Reactions: SiberianKnightmare
Committee needs to leave themselves wiggle room. We'll get moved up, as high as top 10, on the final rankings that decide the playoff teams.
If we lose, even to USF or Memphis, we'll drop out of the top25.

I think we have a case of playing down to our competition right now. I want to see how we play against USF. Hopefully we don't sleep on Temple, it won't be a cake walk. As of right now, it's meant to be the warmest day of the week on Saturday but raining. That can change though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT