ADVERTISEMENT

Huffy, FL attorney background resource?

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Is there any public websites that you can look into the background of an attorney? ie legal misconducts, sanctions, et al.

Just a preliminary check on someone that I wasn't referred to. I've been at the FL Bar and AVVO.

Thanks

The Florida Bar has one of the most open discipline programs in the country. If you type the lawyer's name into the www.floridabar.org website, it will give you their contact info and discipline history. You can even read some of the documents from past cases. Also on the website is whether that person is board certified in the field you are interested in. They have passed a proficiency exam, but better yet, they have passed a peer review. So the chances of getting a huckster are lower.

However, my experience is that the reliability of lawyers is directly proportional to the number of friends and family that recommend him/her. If you don't know somebody that can recommend a lawyer in the field you need, ask each lawyer to provide you with the names and phone numbers of previous clients willing to talk to you about their experience with that lawyer and make sure their case is similar to yours.

Shoot me a message at guyfawkesmidtown at gmail dot com if you want or need confidential input.

this is not that shocking

Dominic Casey claimed, in addition, that the defendant and her attorney were having sex because she couldn't pay him. "I arrived at Baez’s office unexpectedly one day and once again, witnessed a naked Casey. This time she ran from his private office, through the conference room to the hallway. That night I told her that she cannot allow him to continue engaging in this behavior. Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense."

There was no immediate response from Baez or the Anthony family.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/2...r-caylee-investigator-says.html?intcmp=hplnws

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT