ADVERTISEMENT

I’m good with Army beating Houston

I predicted Army by 28. I didn't think that would happen by halftime. Houston is still playing defense like Sumlin is their coach....which means playing no defense whatsoever.

Army player stands up and falls down on field. Cue cynical UCF fans.
ccf.jpg

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Death of Houston Cougars II.

Sequel to
The University of Miami's football game against Houston tonight was billed as a showdown of high-powered offenses. At least, the Hurricanes did their part.
Miami dominated throughout in a 40-10 rout of the Cougars, who in their opening game defeated Louisiana Tech, 73-3.
I think it took Houston 15 years to start recovering from that beat down.

Death of Houston Cougars II.

Sequel to
The University of Miami's football game against Houston tonight was billed as a showdown of high-powered offenses. At least, the Hurricanes did their part.
Miami dominated throughout in a 40-10 rout of the Cougars, who in their opening game defeated Louisiana Tech, 73-3.
I think it took Houston 15 years to start recovering from that beat down.

Saw that on ESPNs 30 for 30 episode of the U.

I guess we have seen the last of the power 6 commercials. Bad day for the AAC Army just scored again. Houston's defensives strategy is to wear down the Army offense.:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Maybe the Bulls should hire him

That’s a top 10-15 team at least
I gotta agree but for the strange, lopsided loss to Duke in game 1. I think the got jobbed because of it and should have been in a better bowl. That team was laser-focused. Houston looked to be a mess. Obvious that they have locker room issues to deal with. From what I read, it also doesn’t help when your entire starting DL doesn’t play....and the defense was pretty bad to begin with.

I gotta agree but for the strange, lopsided loss to Duke in game 1. I think the got jobbed because of it and should have been in a better bowl. That team was laser-focused. Houston looked to be a mess. Obvious that they have locker room issues to deal with. From what I read, it also doesn’t help when your entire starting DL doesn’t play....and the defense was pretty bad to begin with.
Houston had 3 games at least giving up 50+ points. Ouch!

Once again, a G5 school (Army) getting no respect. #25??? That’s BS

They did beat Buffalo, who never got any respect this year, but Army probably was ranked semi-fairly. If beating MAC teamss doesn't get Buffalo etc ranked, then Army didn't deserve better treatment than other MAC teams. 2 good wins, but 2 losses too.

Add Army to the conference. I think they would be a great asset for the conference.

These bowl games are (and should be) just a preseason game for next season. Unless you are in the CFI (or trying to maintain a 25 game winning streak), there is no reason to play in them as a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT