ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate to Write This

I don't agree. A 2-2 SEC doormat Vandy team just took down Bama. We lost a number of close games last year and are 1 & 1 in conference this year. We just need someone with enough sack to sort out our coaching staff and our playbook before we cock up the entire season.

We don't have the receivers or QB to run a bunch of 7, 8, & 9s. We're too short, slow, and inaccurate for that. We should be focusing on the short end of the route tree (and not screens either) to balance the running game.

UCF made a mistake joining the Big 12. They just simply don't have the size and talent to complete in a major conference. UCF's win over Auburn and Malzahn, at the Peach Bowl, now looks like a complete fluke. Each conference is adding and subtracting teams each season, but UCF should have stayed in the AAC.
U r right u shouldn’t have posted it. There is a famous quote “ it better to be thought of as stupid then to speak up and remove all doubt”

Btw this is all on Gus if we had a good coach n scheme we would compete at a much higher level.

To me, it's not even the losses. It happens, you play well but the other team bests you.

It's the lack of preparation, or attention to detail. The team, almost always, looks lost and confused. What the hell do these coaches do all week long?

Last edited:
UCF made a mistake joining the Big 12. They just simply don't have the size and talent to complete in a major conference. UCF's win over Auburn and Malzahn, at the Peach Bowl, now looks like a complete fluke. Each conference is adding and subtracting teams each season, but UCF should have stayed in the AAC.
Wow. The mindset of a child.

We have no QB and it’s now plain to see, a coach that isn’t going to trend us in the right direction, and if you’re not going in the right direction….that’s right, you’re going to keep going in the wrong direction.

BTW, it’s year 2 of being in a big-boy conference.

You are being foolish. They’ve looked bad for two games, and…?

Should Oklahoma State leave the P4? They’re 0-3 in the Big 12? UCLA, UNC, Purdue, Northwestern, FSU, Mississippi State, TCU, Houston, NCST, Kansas…should I go on? They’ve all lost 3-4 games through six games this season. Obviously they’re not big enough/physical enough for the P4 either, right?

Sorry, have to agree this is stupid. Dumbest thing ever. Just answer 1 question. Has UCF football beat any Big XII teams (other than those who came with us)? Has UCF BB beaten any Big XII teams? If the cumulative answer is more than 2, it proves your statement was stupid.

Sorry, have to agree this is stupid. Dumbest thing ever. Just answer 1 question. Has UCF football beat any Big XII teams (other than those who came with us)? Has UCF BB beaten any Big XII teams? If the cumulative answer is more than 2, it proves your statement was stupid.
And made the national tournament in baseball and softball (year 1 of B12).

UCF made a mistake joining the Big 12. They just simply don't have the size and talent to complete in a major conference. UCF's win over Auburn and Malzahn, at the Peach Bowl, now looks like a complete fluke.
What about the 2013 Fiesta Bowl against a higher ranked (than '17 Auburn), Big XII Champion ... a team UCF never trailed all game?

Each conference is adding and subtracting teams each season, but UCF should have stayed in the AAC.
Both TCU and Utah regressed in Year 2 of their Power conference move, and Utah regressed into Year 3 as well. But Utah had the most success long-term. And they never had the challenges of the portal like everyone is now!

TCU Horned Frogs (Gary Patterson)AllB12Place
20127–64–5T–5th
20134–82–7T–7th
201412–18–1T-1st
201511–27–2T–2nd
20166–74–55th
201711–37–22nd
20187–64–5T–5th
20195–73–6T–7th
20206–45–45th
20213–51–48th

Utah Utes (Kyle Whittingham)AllP12Place
20118–54–5T–3rd (South)
20125–73–65th (South)
20135–72–75th (South)
20149–45–45th (South)
201510–36–3T–1st (South)
20169–45–43rd (South)
20177–63–65th (South)
20189–56–31st (South)
201911–38–11st (South)
20203–23–23rd (South)
202110–48–11st (South)
202210–47–2T–2nd
20238–55–4T–4th

It was a pipe dream to think UCF could jump up to a Big Dawg conference and immediately win a football title. But its equally absurd to lose a couple back-to-back games and whine, "This is tooooo HARD! Let's go back in the AAC. It was way easier there."

Grouse about Gus all you want, he's been recruiting to build a Big XII title contender. It remains to be seen whether he's coaching it or not.

It was a pipe dream to think UCF could jump up to a Big Dawg conference and immediately win a football title. But its equally absurd to lose a couple back-to-back games and whine, "This is tooooo HARD! Let's go back in the AAC. It was way easier there."

Grouse about Gus all you want, he's been recruiting to build a Big XII title contender. It remains to be seen whether he's coaching it or not.
Year 4, Gus should be coaching and performing like coach. Gus has failed at all coaching decisions so far in my opinion. He failed significantly at our current level. Year 2 in the Big12 and we were supposed to improve.

Since when is major increase in budget and ability to finally recruit like a power conference team a mistake.

He has pushed away all the quarterbacks on the roster he didn’t recruit Gabriel, he didn’t recruit Keene. He pushed them out He recruited a quarterback who is a fullback who can’t throw. His offense is a high school offense that gets picked up rather quickly now that it’s seen. It was OK in the beginning because people didn’t understand it that much.

I don’t think people realistically thought we could come into the conference and win it But we certainly should be able to compete at a higher level. Whether it’s coaching or recruiting, something is not working the way it should. Recruits are seeing this team and if you were a quarterback, it’s hard to come into the scheme if you have an arm, if you’re a wide receiver, your quarterback can’t throw and if you’re running back, don’t wanna be in the situation where there is 8 in the box to defend you. We just want to see a program that if it’s not there yet, he’s going to get there.

Heupel didnt want Gabriel? R u serious ? He pulled the plug on the ND transfer SECOND game for the frosh Gabriel. U r 100% wrong here
I'd just stop now. You're obviously not familiar with UCF football. Either that or you're re-writing history.

I'd just stop now. You're obviously not familiar with UCF football. Either that or you're re-writing history.
I would surmise that I know a hell of a lot more about the Ucf football than you’ll ever know. I love when posters get on here and act like they know what they’re talking about and put down other posters and get slammed.

Did Wambush start the first game ? Did Gabriel get the nod the second game taking over for the year ?

By the way I didn’t like the way the trajectory was going with Heupal but after further thought, I think he was hampered down by the worst DC ever in Ucf history, Randy Shannon. Danny White hired Shannon, not Heupal.

Last edited:
I would surmise that I know a hell of a lot more about the Ucf football than you’ll ever know
So ... why didn't Heupel extend an offer to DG, despite Milton et al.'s insistence?

Did Wambush start the first game ? Did Gabriel get the nod the second game taking over for the year ?
Again ... why didn't Heupel extend an offer to DG a year earlier?

There was just so much wrong with Heupel when it came to recruiting. I don't know why you're talking about Winbush. I'm talking a full year earlier. But it does explain a lot of how you literally could ignore Heupel, and bark about Gus, looking oblivious! It surely does!

I.e., you're the one asserting all sorts of things about preferring / dissing various recruits. So explain that!

So ... why didn't Heupel extend an offer to DG, despite Milton et al.'s insistence?

Again ... why didn't Heupel extend an offer to DG a year earlier?

There was just so much wrong with Heupel when it came to recruiting. I don't know why you're talking about Winbush. I'm talking a full year earlier. But it does explain a lot of how you literally could ignore Heupel, and bark about Gus, looking oblivious! It surely does!

I.e., you're the one asserting all sorts of things about preferring / dissing various recruits. So explain that!
Gabriel didn’t step foot in Orlando as a walk on. Obviously, he was recruited hard by Heupal which is documented. He had many other offers to go, but chose Ucf. Gabriel was a freshman after being highly recruited by many power conference teams. This is ridiculous. He was offered obviously and came here irregardless of the other offers he had outstanding.

The only reason I brought up Wambush was because your suggestion that the coach didn’t want him, if he didn’t want him, he wouldn’t have put this freshman in as the starter for the rest of the season over the Notre Dame transfer in his freshman year. You’re talking points are questionable at best.

Gabriel didn’t step foot in Orlando as a walk on. Obviously, he was recruited hard by Heupal which is documented.
Apparently your sources didn't document it well. :)

He had many other offers to go, but chose Ucf. Gabriel was a freshman after being highly recruited by many power conference teams.
Gabriel had committed to Navy, because Heupel didn't extend him an offer. And the rest should be obvious.

This is ridiculous. He was offered obviously and came here irregardless of the other offers he had outstanding.
Again, you're missing a lot of it. You initiall started in fall of 2019, and now you're just getting to late fall 2018. Keep going earlier.

Heupel wanted a far different HS QB than DG, or a transfer ... exactly like Wimbush. That's why Heupel did not extend DG an offer for quite awhile! You're still missing 90% of the entire story!
The only reason I brought up Wambush was because your suggestion that the coach didn’t want him, if he didn’t want him, he wouldn’t have put this freshman in as the starter for the rest of the season over the Notre Dame transfer in his freshman year.
You are literally in a different world than me, and it shows. You literally have now proven you don't know what you're talking about ... which was my entire point!

You’re talking points are questionable at best.
Your oblivousness is yours.

I was calling you out on literally lambasting Gus for things Heupel was far worse at, especially Gabriel. And if you actually started much earlier in 2018, even mid-fall 2018, you'd know that!

Heupel had no interest in DG. But then Milton was out for good, and now DG was 'a backup option.' Man ... sigh ... you literally don't know all that?!

Georgia was coming hard after Gabriel his senior year. That is confirmed by none other than Danny White. We outrecruited Georgia for him. To suggest otherwise is not knowing what’s going on. I was not a big fan of Heupal but as I stated above, he was hamstrung by his defensive coordinator, Shannon was hired actually before him. His recruiting lead is now the head coach at South Florida who didn’t do the greatest of jobs here. Gabriel was never going to Navy before he decided on Ucf. I guarantee you that. He was even offered by USC that is not to say that that offer stood when Ucf got him but it was there at one point. Georgia was there at the end!

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on Ucf football as u have surmised. The bottom line is Gus‘s offense is horrible in terms of scheme and he has no idea about the quarterback position. I hope he does well because if he does well, Ucf does well. I have no skin in the game just observations.

Georgia was coming hard after Gabriel his senior year. That is confirmed by none other than Danny White. We outrecruited Georgia for him. To suggest otherwise is not knowing what’s going on. I was not a big fan of Heupal but as I stated above, he was hamstrung by his defensive coordinator, Shannon was hired actually before him. His recruiting lead is now the head coach at South Florida who didn’t do the greatest of jobs here. Gabriel was never going to Navy before he decided on Ucf. I guarantee you that. He was even offered by USC that is not to say that that offer stood when Ucf got him but it was there at one point. Georgia was there at the end!

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on Ucf football as u have surmised. The bottom line is Gus‘s offense is horrible in terms of scheme and he has no idea about the quarterback position. I hope he does well because if he does well, Ucf does well. I have no skin in the game just observations.
Again: Why did DG decide to reopen his recruiting? Why did he decommit? When did UCF formally extend an offer?

You answer that, you get a timeline. :)

Georgia, USC, et al. just came later. Georgia found another transfer, and dropped DG from consideration. USC thought they had DG for a reason.

Again... an offer was not extended from UCF for long time. And timing is everything.

Again: Why did DG decide to reopen his recruiting? Why did he decommit from Navy? When did UCF formally extend an offer?

You answer that, you get a timeline. :)
I guess Georgia and USC can’t recruit either. if you follow football or any sport for that matter, they’re breakout high school kids. That appears to what happened with Gabriel. Everybody could’ve caught onto him late. The bottom line is that we out recruited Georgia at the end for him.

You can defend Gus all you want in respect to his recruiting. The problem is his lack of recruiting ( or playing/coaching) a decent quarterback may cause problems with recruiting receivers and running backs in the future who don’t wanna play with such a restricted offense, passing wise and running wise( due to the eight men in the box) Recruiting a passing quarterback into the scheme is going to be a problem too

Again as a scholar athlete who has great pride in Ucf I have no problem with Gus succeeding coming, in fact, I would love to see him succeed as that would make UCF successful. I just see major flaws in his coaching, which is gonna ultimately affect his recruiting.

I guess Georgia and USC can’t recruit either. if you follow football or any sport for that matter, they’re breakout high school kids. That appears to what happened with Gabriel. Everybody could’ve caught onto him late. The bottom line is that we out recruited Georgia at the end for him.

You can defend Gus all you want in respect to his recruiting. The problem is his lack of recruiting ( or playing/coaching) a decent quarterback may cause problems with recruiting receivers and running backs in the future who don’t wanna play with such a restricted offense, passing wise and running wise( due to the eight men in the box) Recruiting a passing quarterback into the scheme is going to be a problem too

Again as a scholar athlete who has great pride in Ucf I have no problem with Gus succeeding coming, in fact, I would love to see him succeed as that would make UCF successful. I just see major flaws in his coaching, which is gonna ultimately affect his recruiting.
I'm not defending Gus here. I'm telling you don't mention Heupel v. Gus when it comes to Gabriel.

I.e., Heupel didn't think DG fit his system, and he was only a backup option after Milton went down, and Wimbush sucked far worse than Heupel thought he would.

Just admit you did know that, and stop thinking my point here's about Gus. It's 100% Heupel.

Make your points about Gus all you want. But if you're going to throw sh-- at the wall about Heupel and hope it sticks better than Gus... I'm going to call it out.

Don't paint Heupel all rosey.

I'm not defending Gus here. I'm telling you don't mention Heupel v. Gus when it comes to Gabriel.

I.e., Heupel didn't think DG fit his system, and he was only a backup option after Milton went down, and Wimbush sucked far worse than Heupel thought he would.

Just admit you did know that, and stop thinking my point here's about Gus. It's 100% Heupel.

Make your points about Gus all you want. But if you're going to throw sh-- at the wall about Heupel and hope it sticks better than Gus... I'm going to call it out.

Don't paint Heupel all rosey.
You are 100% wrong about Gabriel and Heupal. 100%. You have no facts that have any consistency with your ridiculous comments. None. We beat out Georgia for Gabriel fact. Gabriel started the entire season from the second game on. In fact, he played in the first game, which led to him starting in the second game. I have no idea where you get the idea that Gabriel was not wanted by Heupal. Not every player gets offered their junior year. It’s a fact in recruiting. I will let you ramble on, because facts are meaningless to you. Carry-on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT