ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate to Write This

WHEN?!?!?! Do the timeline!
It was us or USC. The situation here was better. Plan was to have him sit for a year and take over as a RS. Wimbush was bad and accelerated his starting. Who gave him a committable offer if Heupel didn’t? Who started him and he didn’t leave until a dufferent coach came in?

Reactions: connerito
It was us or USC. The situation here was better. Plan was to have him sit for a year and take over as a RS. Wimbush was bad and accelerated his starting.
Correct. It was USC or us. Georgia had pursued him, but they found a better transfer in their eyes, that pretty much ended DG's consideration of them, which everyone reported as Georgia understanding he'd be their #2 now as well.

But ... all that was much, much later! My continued point!

Before Milton went down, Heupel did not want DG. That was reported by several, much to the frustration of Milton himself. That's why DG didn't decommit from Army (sorry, I said Navy earlier, that was Milton himself before Frost showed interest at Oregon) until much, much later.

And ... the rest is history. Wimbush was supposed to be QB#1 once Milton went down, with DG rotating in that first year, probably redshirt, but not necessarily. Wimbush only had 1 year left as a grad transfer, so Heupel's freshman needed to be 'the future.' Heupel did not want DG, and DG only became 'the option left' when no others came out.

Had Milton not been injured, we would very likely never had DG. I want to make that point clear!

Who gave him a committable offer if Heupel didn’t?
Check the dates. :)

Who started him and he didn’t leave until a dufferent coach came in?
Wimbush was looking bad at camp early on. I never said Heupel didn't use DG. I'm just saying Heupel did not want DG, and it wasn't until Wimbush was trash, that he finally had to make that move.

DG was not his choice. DG was the only option left, after Milton went down. Heupel was looking at other options to back up Milton before that. DG was not even on his radar, other than what Milton told him.

It was us or USC. The situation here was better. Plan was to have him sit for a year and take over as a RS. Wimbush was bad and accelerated his starting. Who gave him a committable offer if Heupel didn’t? Who started him and he didn’t leave until a dufferent coach came in
I spoke with Danny in the summer n all of UCF(is)BS says is wrong. They loved Gabriel it was obvious. No need to argue with him Certain people will spout out BS and when someone confronts them with the truth they still stand by their total nonsense
Crazy to live like that but I guess some can’t overcome this deficiency

I spoke with Danny in the summer n all of UCF(is)BS says is wrong. They loved Gabriel it was obvious.
Of course KZ and Danny did! That's who was pushing so hard for them, among others! DG wanted to come to UCF! That was never in any doubt!

But why did DG take so long to open up his recruiting again?! I heard it was Heupel not wanting him.

No need to argue with him Certain people will spout out BS and when someone confronts them with the truth they still stand by their total nonsense
It was going around this board for awhile.

That the 'hold up' in DG even getting an official offer, because he didn't open up his recruiting until late in the season, because of Heupel, no one else.

I.e., we were all dumbfounded because, again, DG wanted to come to UCF!

Crazy to live like that but I guess some can’t overcome this deficiency
So ... what you're saying is that Heupel himself wanted DG way back in 2018? Again ...

Q: Why did DG not decommit and open up his recruiting much sooner, if Heupel always wanted him?!

You’ve already stated that I don’t know what I’m talking about, even though I went to school there played there and I’ve been involved in the athletic department there for the last 40 years. You talk nonsense. Carry on.
UCFBS talks nonsense? Ding! Ding! Ding! You win.

Reactions: connerito
Hate to bring this up but with UF dline having a field day with our OL and Colorado too we might have an offensive line issue here?

You are 100% wrong about Gabriel and Heupal. 100%. You have no facts that have any consistency with your ridiculous comments. None.
It was on the board dude. Seriously. We talked about this at length, why Gabriel stuck with Army so long ... until Milton went down. That's the reason I'm in the Dungeon! I do not disagree with you most everything else.

We beat out Georgia for Gabriel fact.
Georgia stopped pursing him hard, because they got another QB. They wanted DG before that, no argument. But not once they had a better QB option. You really don't remember that year, do you?

But yes, USC still did want DG. But DG had pretty much committed to us, well beflore we even offered. So how can I be 100% wrong when I'm agreeing with most of what you say?! Why don't you admit I agreed with you on those points?

As far as this ...
Gabriel started the entire season from the second game on.
WHEN did I disagree with this?! WHEN?! Why are you just 'running over me' and not listening to what I agreed with you on?!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT