ADVERTISEMENT

I just don't get some USF fans

Nautiknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Cullowhee, NC
I read posts from their forums, often from links posted here. I have been a UCF fan since 1985 or so. I have watched our program slowly and sometimes painfully grow from scraps to what it is today. We have taken the hard road as a program.

Sure some it is lack of financial planning , but back in 1979 President Colburn said UCF will have football and it happened. It happened on a shoe string budget with volunteer coaches and such. Over the next 20 years we clawed our way out of debt and became competitive. Win by win over our division foes we steadily built UCF.
I read some of their fan comments and I am like , really..WTF. They cling to their number 2 ranking and some of their marque wins, then call this conference a dumpster. Yet, in all their years they have never won the division of any conference much less a conference title. Yet, they think they are deserving of a power conference bid? On what grounds?

The irony of their fan base is that their school killed the Big East. Their school and it's leadership was penny wise and pound foolish when it came to Big East expansion and blocking UCF. Had Genshaft not Genshafted us, who knows the Big East with Syracuse, Pitt and West Virginia would still be the Big East with USF and UCF?

I look at our history and theirs and our success today is built on a foundation of struggle. It's hell of lot sweeter too for us long time Knights. I don't get how or why or where their entitlement comes from at all? I guess the difference is between something given versus something fought for and earned. We earned Game Day. We are earning respect with 23&0. We actually earn respect for selling out our cheap erector set stadium for an ABC primitime game. Hopefully tomorrow, we will earn a solid and convincing victory against the Bulls. Charge on!

I’ve been on their forums a lot lately and their hate for us is as unhealthy as it gets. They’re not only living in the past, but their hatred and placing blame on us for their demise is as pathetic as I’ve ever heard.

They refuse to admit even an ounce of respect for us, or our stadium. They would rather shut down their program than get an OCS like ours just because they’re so prideful.

They don’t care about winning because it’s the AAC and it’s soooo terrible which is why they’re not good. Because they don’t care.

They have a few ones there that are normal and admit that what we’re doing is smart but it’s the minority. But th majority are psychotic. Hopefully for their sake, this is a small sample of their fan base because otherwise they’ll be stuck while we climb to another conference because at this point I think they’re our anchor and this “package deal” we used to talk about is over with. UCF and cinci or UCF and Houston make the more sense now. USF is done for for the next 10 years.

TCU and Utah had to prove they could win their "pathetic" conferences before they got to P5, something usf has never proven they could do. Plus, since winning v a P5 team every now and then, proves nothing in the eyes of P5 morons, that makes strike 2. No OCS that it appears P5 almost demands, that's strike 3. No one in the government seems interested in investigating the situation (which got Utah in the PAc) so that's strike 4. Looks like they're outta luck.

Of course right now, everyone else is out of luck, but at least we're actively working toward it. south fla. is busy trying to catch up to where we were years ago.

That’s funny! Come to think of it, I don’t think that I ever have. I don’t even know any.
I don’t know any real ones. Just 1 or 2 that don’t pay attention to sports. I don’t hate them because they aren’t even relevant.

Reactions: Mikesi
TCU and Utah had to prove they could win their "pathetic" conferences before they got to P5, something usf has never proven they could do. Plus, since winning v a P5 team every now and then, proves nothing in the eyes of P5 morons, that makes strike 2. No OCS that it appears P5 almost demands, that's strike 3. No one in the government seems interested in investigating the situation (which got Utah in the PAc) so that's strike 4. Looks like they're outta luck.

Of course right now, everyone else is out of luck, but at least we're actively working toward it. south fla. is busy trying to catch up to where we were years ago.
But ... but ... they got into the Big East!
They can do it again!

Sigh, insert their 'playbook' in the Big East.
Pitt and WVU's ADs will, pretty much, always scold them in the backrooms of the ACC and Big XII, respectively.

They refuse to admit even an ounce of respect for us, or our stadium. They would rather shut down their program than get an OCS like ours just because they’re so prideful.
They want FAU's stadium (and athletic village), not realizing it's based on ours. Any time I bring that up, and put the links up to prove it, they are nuked by the mod.

I don’t know any real ones. Just 1 or 2 that don’t pay attention to sports. I don’t hate them because they aren’t even relevant.
I see them from afar or from behind wearing green USF gear, but everytime one looks at me, I quickly turn away. I don’t think that I’ve ever looked at one directly. Weird, but true.

My friends said that after the Mike Hughes touchdown, I heckled the hell out of one that was annoying us the whole game and almost got kicked out. I was so hammered, that I barely recall it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stetson_1883
I see them from afar or from behind wearing green USF gear, but every time one looks at me, I quickly turn away. I don’t think that I’ve ever looked at one directly. Weird, but true.

My friends said that after Mike Hughes touchdown, I heckled the hell out of one that was annoying us the whole game and almost got kicked out, but I was too hammered that I barely recall it.
I’ve heckled a few fans of teams who sat near me. I think they were over the board clapping for their team and I was over the board against those fans. Usually older people. I feel bad but don’t cheer loud for your team unless you want it back ten fold when the opposite happens.

I’ve heckled a few fans of teams who sat near me. I think they were over the board clapping for their team and I was over the board against those fans. Usually older people. I feel bad but don’t cheer loud for your team unless you want it back ten fold when the opposite happens.
That’s exactly what happened from what I recall. They went over the top clapping in my face or really close to me. You know. The really exaggerated obnoxious type of clapping

They did it to us after Flower’s touchdown run and after that 80 yard bomb for a TD. It was so freaking annoying.

After Hughes touchdown, it was pandemonium and I just went off tenfold.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Exactly, which is why I hate, and cannot at all understand why some on here think we are a stronger choice for a P5 conference being linked with these morons. Whoever goes P5 wins most of the eyes in the other's home. Both are not needed.

I completely agree. I have felt the same way for a long time.

We don’t need them or want them.

Reactions: Knight Strength
As much as I hate the bullshitters they are in a rebuilding year with a sub par QB and are still bowl bound.

Are their fans unreasonably entitled and arrogant... yes

Do they have a sound administration like we do... no

But the way you all are talking as if they are like UTEP or Rice

Reactions: Knight Strength
As much as I hate the bullshitters they are in a rebuilding year with a sub par QB and are still bowl bound.

Are their fans unreasonably entitled and arrogant... yes

Do they have a sound administration like we do... no

But the way you all are talking as if they are like UTEP or Rice
UTEP has 2 conference Chamionships and Rice has 8.

I’m talking about the current state of their programs. i.e. the pillow fight of the year

I’ve been on their forums a lot lately and their hate for us is as unhealthy as it gets. They’re not only living in the past, but their hatred and placing blame on us for their demise is as pathetic as I’ve ever heard.

They don’t care about winning because it’s the AAC and it’s soooo terrible which is why they’re not good. Because they don’t care.

They have a few ones there that are normal and admit that what we’re doing is smart but it’s the minority. But th majority are psychotic. Hopefully for their sake, this is a small sample of their fan base because otherwise they’ll be stuck while we climb to another conference because at this point I think they’re our anchor and this “package deal” we used to talk about is over with. UCF and cinci or UCF and Houston make the more sense now. USF is done for for the next 10 years.

They are in constant denial over the stadium issue.

Many over there do concede some positive things about the bounce house, but their attitude is akin to being a child that has a family with modest income .... but has many neighbors that live in their street that are wealthy. They think they "should" be wealthy too and eating ground beef is unacceptable when their neighbors are eating filet mignon.

GO TO HELL USF.

They are in constant denial over the stadium issue.

Many over there do concede some positive things about the bounce house, but their attitude is akin to being a child that has a family with modest income .... but has many neighbors that live in their street that are wealthy. They think they "should" be wealthy too and eating ground beef is unacceptable when their neighbors are eating filet mignon.

GO TO HELL USF.

Didn't they get $50M when the Big East broke up? Hell of a down payment for a stadium.....guess one of the administrators made off with the loot.

Didn't they get $50M when the Big East broke up? Hell of a down payment for a stadium.....guess one of the administrators made off with the loot.

They can’t get enough funds for an IPF that’s “supposed to break ground next year”

Reactions: FijiUCF
USF is just mad they got “downgraded”. They went from never winning in the 6th best conference to never winning in the 6th best conference and its been a big adjustment for them.
Yes, but now they never play Pittsburgh (who just won their first ACC Coastal title this year), Syracuse (who just had their first winning record in ACC this year), Rutgers (who lives in basement of Big Ten), Louisville (who have never won a title in ACC and cratered this year), or WVU (who have never won a Big XII title or played in championship game).

The "downgrade" in competition has been a big adjustment for them.

Just like us, they are a QB away from being much better. Charlie Strong blows as a coach. I could not believe he took a knee before halftime....ridiculous. They had time to take a shot down field and maybe get a FG if converted. Then he punted on 4th down on like there own 40-something when at that point our offense had completely stalled. No game feel. We've just shown them twice in 3 years, you need to find young, hungry, offensive-minded OC and hire them.

Cale Gundy from Oklahoma (age 46)
Jake Spavital from West Virginia (age 33)
Eric Morris, now the Head Coach at Incarnate Word (who won their conference this year....his first year). He was Texas Tech's OC for the previous four years. (Age 33)
Mike Yurchich from Oklahoma State (age 43)

These are all young or fairly young guys who run high-powered offenses. These are just a few names.

Honestly, programs in our conference should really stay away from retread coaches on their way down. Let CUSA have those coaches. We want hungry, innovative coaches to make all our programs better, even if it means they get poached at some point. Young, hungry coaches want to prove themselves for the first time.

Last edited:
Agree, Charlie Strong is not a good coach. Tom Herman has Texas in the Big 12 champ game after two years taking over. Dear ole' Charlie has duh*bulls in a downward spiral. Which in-turn is a good thing. :p

LOL, read this one. Completely delusional. YES KEEP CHARLIE STRONG. We picked him out as not a good coach back at Loserville. Hope they keep him.

Status Quo Will Not Return to USF Football in 2019
By Collin Sherwin@CollinSherwin Nov 26, 2018, 11:27pm EST

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...football-charlie-strong-2018-coaching-changes
Collin is a clown. He's so blinded by UCF hate that he makes up conspiracy theories about UCF to justify their issues

"Collin is a clown."

Ya think? Not one mention of UCF in that article. Like hello....even Charlie Strong said it in his post game interview that they need to look at UCF and see what we are doing and emulate it.

That webpage is a homer simpson duh*bulls site. I get a ton of LOL@DUH*BULLS from them. I enjoy it.

Defending Charlie Strong on an epic meltdown this year. And, they call us UCF fans delusional...the title of this thread says it all.

"Collin is a clown."

Ya think? Not one mention of UCF in that article. Like hello....even Charlie Strong said it in his post game interview that they need to look at UCF and see what we are doing and emulate it.

That webpage is a homer simpson duh*bulls site. I get a ton of LOL@DUH*BULLS from them. I enjoy it.

Defending Charlie Strong on an epic meltdown this year. And, they call us UCF fans delusional...the title of this thread says it all.
He has written some sensationalist garbage smearing UCF in the past.

USF fans are a weird group

Reactions: GoKnights2003
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT