ADVERTISEMENT

I think Timmy should come home and Play for UCF.....USF QB Timmy McClain has entered the transfer portal

Rather have him than Keene. We have a lower ceiling with Keene as QB1 than JRP, TC or Timmy
Me too. It would be much better to have a QB who does not know the system, threw 5 TDs and 7 Ints last year because he can run...woo hoo.. sign me up.

Obviously he was just a freshman, but I honestly was never impressed by him when I watched him play. And I watched quite a few usf games.

Yes. Some of that was Mcclain extending drives for them but mostly that game was close because of windmill throws to the sideline wvery passing down
That play was called like 15 times that game. I mean, everyone says MK follows Gus’ play calls without improvising so Gus must have called those roll out, windup and throws out of bounds right?

Reactions: beelit47
Weird move for him. Leave a dumpster fire as QB2 and think it will be better opportunity here? TC is way more athletic than him from what I’ve seen, he’ll be far back in our depth chart. The usf coaches must have lied to him to burn that bridge.

Thoughts?

This guy has skills!...and size
No. Obvious click-bait. He wasn't very good, even taking into account he was Freshman on a horrible team. Remember, he wasn't playing because the starter got injured (at least I don't think so). That's why Mikey had to play for us. Of course he could become better but we can find better talent.

The Line:
55% completion; 1888 yds; 5 Tds; 7 INTs; Had 238 yds rushing with 4 TDs. Unknown how many fumbles he had. In last 5 games had 4 TDs against 5 Ints

As a comparison against Keene:
64% completion; 1730 yds; 17 TDs; 6 Ints; Had -1 yds rushing with 1 rushing TD. Unknown how many fumbles he had. In last 5 games had 7 TDs against 0 Ints.

Last edited:
No. Obvious click-bait. He was horrible, even taking into account he was on a horrible team. Of course he could become better but we can find better talent.

The Line:
55% completion; 1888 yds; 5 Tds; 7 INTs; Had 238 yds rushing with 4 TDs. Unknown how many fumbles he had.
Ooooh yeah, not good. THX Matt!

i think he should pay close attention to the depth chart wherever he goes. we're not going to turn him down because it's more competition, but he should be looking out for himself and i don't see how we present a better situation. we're a better team and will be in a better conference, but the idea is to play.

btw, JRP has a covid year available to him. with so little college QB experience under his belt i don't see why he wouldn't return if he's actually a hit here this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT