ADVERTISEMENT

I think Timmy should come home and Play for UCF.....USF QB Timmy McClain has entered the transfer portal

I saw him play several times last year and he reminded me a lot of what Milton looked like as a freshman, minus skill players who could help him out. This kid looks the part, and I thought he played with a lot of heart on a team that really didn't seem to have much. Time will tell. I like the idea of potentially having him and TC going forward, but my guess is that if he isn't the starter next year, he will transfer. But in the meantime, he will have two years to get better, with much better talent, especially on the OLine (knock on wood) and he would be only an ankle injury away from becoming the starter here. Either way it should give us time to help build up the depth at the position as we transition to the Big 12. As a few others have mentioned, it would be interesting to see if JRP can take the reigns and be above average as a passer. That would really give us time to develop depth at the position. I don't know if JRP is ready to make that jump, but if he is we should be a very dangerous out this year. I believe JRP has 2 years left, 3 at Ole Miss, one being the covid year, so he should have 2 seasons left.

Watching McClain and Keene head to head, I felt like we missed out on the better prospect.

I’m more excited about TC’s future, but why say no to more QB depth? For McClain, this feels like he’s betting big on himself.

I saw him play several times last year and he reminded me a lot of what Milton looked like as a freshman, minus skill players who could help him out. This kid looks the part, and I thought he played with a lot of heart on a team that really didn't seem to have much. Time will tell. I like the idea of potentially having him and TC going forward, but my guess is that if he isn't the starter next year, he will transfer. But in the meantime, he will have two years to get better, with much better talent, especially on the OLine (knock on wood) and he would be only an ankle injury away from becoming the starter here. Either way it should give us time to help build up the depth at the position as we transition to the Big 12. As a few others have mentioned, it would be interesting to see if JRP can take the reigns and be above average as a passer. That would really give us time to develop depth at the position. I don't know if JRP is ready to make that jump, but if he is we should be a very dangerous out this year. I believe JRP has 2 years left, 3 at Ole Miss, one being the covid year, so he should have
Paragraphs help.

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
I do think what’s happening here is that he’s just using this opportunity as a free year to be home, to train and get better, since he’s not going to be able to play anywhere else this year anyway. I think the chances are pretty high that he transfers back out next offseason after his year at home. And given our situation, I’m fine with that.

Reactions: atsKnight
I do think what’s happening here is that he’s just using this opportunity as a free year to be home, to train and get better, since he’s not going to be able to play anywhere else this year anyway. I think the chances are pretty high that he transfers back out next offseason after his year at home. And given our situation, I’m fine with that.
This was my thought. He knows he has to sit out, but wants to work out in good facilities and get good coaching. He helps us on the scout team. This also builds more good will with Seminole High. This is just a layover with a opportunity for more. If after this year its obvious that TC is who we all think he is he can transfer out a year stronger and with a year of Gus and Chip coaching.

Can’t wait to watch what happens when the Temple Terrace CC savior goes down with a knee or ankle injury in the beginning of the season. Who’s the third string QB? Do they have one? It’s going to be so fun to watch them sink even further into college football irrelevance!

He was the only player on that team besides Horn that showed any promise on their whole sorry ass team. And we need QB depth with development potential, it’s a win all around really.

He’s an upgrade athletically, better fit for system and overall size-wise over a qb that some of you want to start. And before you stat me, he was on one of the worst teams in college football surrounded by no talent running for his life as a true freshman last year. Not surrounded by one of the best OL in the conference with weapons all over the place.
I'm sorry, I didn't expect anyone to take that comment seriously. I just hope he doesn't carry Green Cow disease.

• Haha
Reactions: Central Floridave
giphy.gif

He is the worst about it but all Tampa/usf media are so weird when it comes to UCF. and a lot of USF fans are the same ..despite what has happened the last few years with our Program they are still condescending about UCF
Has there ever been a worse run football program than usf? UConn maybe? Maybe Kansas, but they’re a College basketball blue blood. Look at all the “little guys” who have excelled and passed them up, or at least on tier (I.e. their new conference mates lol). They really are a disgrace with some of the worst delusional fanbase in all of sports.

This was my thought. He knows he has to sit out, but wants to work out in good facilities and get good coaching. He helps us on the scout team. This also builds more good will with Seminole High. This is just a layover with a opportunity for more. If after this year its obvious that TC is who we all think he is he can transfer out a year stronger and with a year of Gus and Chip
Excellent Interview!

I think he was a victim of the COVID shutdowns. He didn't get a chance to visit any of the schools he was offered due to the restrictions, UCF offered him but Gus pulled it after he committed to USF. No sense in trying to turn a committed player if you've already got 2 QBs. He is a good QB as evidenced by the way he played last year. Will he take the reigns over? Who knows. There are 5 QBs ahead of him - Plumlee (Sr), Keene (So), Bohne (R-So), Castellanos (Fr), and Hansel (Fr). Next year's QB fight will be between McClain, Keene, and Bohne with competition from Castellanos and Hansel right behind them. At the very minimum, I expect to see some good competition in the locker room. I hope one of these QBs can win the locker room over and perform great on the field.

I believe JRP stays another year. I highly doubt Keene stays and doesn’t transfer but we will see I guess. Would love if McClain and TC could battle it out, that’s most likely scenario I can see.

Reactions: KnightLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT