ADVERTISEMENT

I Wouldn't Let Frost & Company Coach Your Bowl Game

Yea no shit. I think the frost said all that for political gain to soften the blow and has no intention of coaching nor should he.

It’s like when you leave a company and say let me know how I can help the transition.

Well he's gone and ain't coming back. He can really only stand to gain by winning, so if we win then great, that's all I care about right now.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Bottom line, it doesn’t really matter what anyone on this board wants. It’s going to happen and the players support him being on the sidelines.

Reactions: ltophoj21
The assistants have clearly moved on. Let UCF have this moment not nebraska. Sucks we’re going against a hell of a team with half the staff to prepare. At this point I would love to have coach beck take over at least he is black and gold through and through.

That’s a non-biased outsider’s opinion for the most part
I trust the Hawkeye. Nebraska fans are for it.
What does that tell you?

Frost leaving is too fresh. Everyone will come to their senses soon enough. We have 4 weeks

Et tu, Travis Fisher? He needs to come out publicly and explain what the hell he is doing and what he has been doing the past couple weeks. The secondary was getting eviscerated while they plotted their mass exit strategy to Nebraska.

That’s a non-biased outsider’s opinion for the most part
I trust the Hawkeye. Nebraska fans are for it.
What does that tell you?

Frost leaving is too fresh. Everyone will come to their senses soon enough. We have 4 weeks

SMH...bitterness is not a productive emotion.

Your staff is 2 people... hell Jovan is already doing I’m home visits in Nebraska gear...

I’d prefer Frost not coach your game, but you are going to have 2 coaches.

By company, I mean those that are going with him. At this point they are just using your program for their own self gain at Nebraska.

I'm so glad you're here....pretty sure no one could make a decision without your wisdom....

I'm good with whatever the players want....its their legacy.

SMH...bitterness is not a productive emotion.

12-0. Peach Bowl. Hardly bitter. Just looking out for the future of the program. Trolling isn’t productive. Additionally, since you’re a Nebraska Troll your opinion means less then nothing

Reactions: 80'sKnight
It's hard to watch the video below. It seems like Frost cared for our players, but it's still like watching someone else screwing your girlfriend.

YouTube: Scott Frost Nebraska introduction with Q&A

- Tom Osborne sabotaged our program!
- I don't think Frost's wife wanted to leave.
I agree with everything you said 100%
The wife didn't want to leave. That's why he wants to retire here and keep the house. Apparently the wife was very impressed with the way she was treated by the community and the hospital during the pregnancy, birth and afterwards. She loved the house, neighborhood and Winter Park. They were seen a few times on Park Ave., but barely noticed.

Usually a Scottsdale woman won't go to Lincoln, Nebraska but for 35 million she can be swayed

By the way, Frost said that it's not about the money. That's a bunch of BS

I really don't know what to think. I think it's basically a business vs. emotions thing.

I think Frost cares deeply for this UCF team - but just this UCF team.

He works for Nebraska now. I highly doubt when recruiting a sought-after player he's going to be thinking "Well you know, I was gonna take this guy for UCF so I'll leave him alone so they can keep recruiting him."

I think if he actually takes the time to prep this team like he has all season he'd be the best chance for victory because of his chemistry with the players. I just don't know how he can do that, since, well, he's a Husker now.

Et tu, Travis Fisher? He needs to come out publicly and explain what the hell he is doing and what he has been doing the past couple weeks. The secondary was getting eviscerated while they plotted their mass exit strategy to Nebraska.
I thought that fell on the DC? Thats what ive been hearing anyways.

A few UCF players have tweeted their dislike for Frost...or at least how he handled the situation. Hopefully the team pulls together for the bowl like they did for the conference championship. But Scott is going to get a "Frosty" reception from some of the players.

Reactions: Mikesi
Everybody was so happy about the early signing period. Well here is some negative fallout from that. Frost had to get on the road to recruit for the early period so they could not wait until after the bowl game. But just as well for UCF we had to move on as well.

We need a coach at the game. Otherwise we will get creamed.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
It's kind of a catch 22. If UCF can beat auburn then it goes a long ways towards national perception and proves that the program is bigger than Frost. On the flip side, if frost gives UCF the best chance to win then you have to consider it, but there's the risk of him getting even more credit than he's already earned.

If I'm making the decision, I'd say have him assist in as much of the bowl preparation as he can possibly give but don't let him coach in the game itself. Use his skills but limit his exposure.

No Frost on the sidelines. Have to go with the interim HC and then have the NEW, REAL UCF HC roaming the sidelines even if he's just there to hold up the pretty pictures that call the plays. More players are going to realize the difference between the "love love love" and the reality .... those were just words.

LOCK THEM OUT.

If Travis Fisher leaves, never come back. You're not Frost. Like someone else said Kevin Smith's our Frost.

Reactions: KISA
No Frost on the sidelines. Have to go with the interim HC and then have the NEW, REAL UCF HC roaming the sidelines even if he's just there to hold up the pretty pictures that call the plays. More players are going to realize the difference between the "love love love" and the reality .... those were just words.

LOCK THEM OUT.

If Travis Fisher leaves, never come back. You're not Frost. Like someone else said Kevin Smith's our Frost.
Agreed. Smith is our guy. The longer time goes by the more reality and bitterness will set in for some of the players towards Frost. There’s distance between them now

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
It's kind of a catch 22. If UCF can beat auburn then it goes a long ways towards national perception and proves that the program is bigger than Frost. On the flip side, if frost gives UCF the best chance to win then you have to consider it, but there's the risk of him getting even more credit than he's already earned.

If I'm making the decision, I'd say have him assist in as much of the bowl preparation as he can possibly give but don't let him coach in the game itself. Use his skills but limit his exposure.
Agreed, but that’s most likely not OK with Frost

Our fans need to CHILL, there are even some UCF fans try to argue with Milton's Mother who thinks Frost should be allowed to Coach the Bowl Game. Walters has almost no play calling experience. I'd go with the scenario that our QB prefers.

For being such big football fans some of you keep going for the scenario that would increase the chance of a blowout.

Reactions: VPNCantKeepMeDown
Our fans need to CHILL, there are even some UCF fans try to argue with Milton's Mother who thinks Frost should be allowed to Coach the Bowl Game. Walters has almost no play calling experience. I'd go with the scenario that our QB prefers.

For being such big football fans some of you keep going for the scenario that would increase the chance of a blowout.
Milton is key. He kind of has us by the balls

However, it’s one game vs the immediate future

Is Frost’s head into it? Is it in his best interest anymore?

Good God, why do people think the players and coaches won't even know how to line up if Scott frost isn't calling plays? Is it preferable if he does, sure. If he doesn't, we have no idea how we'll do. NO ONE Here has been a part of the offensive system or play calling processes. We have no idea to what degree not having Frost here will affect things.

Maybe have GOL as an emergency defensive consultant?
I was actually going to suggest the same thing but didn't for fear of being mocked. I mean, we're still paying him a consulting fee, right? Think we could do far worse in an emergency stop gap role.

Frost was part of the team. He bailed. He went to beyond thunderdome or whatever that state is called. However, The players should have the final say.

I was actually going to suggest the same thing but didn't for fear of being mocked. I mean, we're still paying him a consulting fee, right? Think we could do far worse in an emergency stop gap role.

Uh, didn't many players kinda dislike having O'Leary as a coach since he was kinda that "grumpy old man" figure? Also he benched Shaquem for like 2 years, that would be interesting though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT