ADVERTISEMENT

I Wouldn't Let Frost & Company Coach Your Bowl Game

Uh, didn't many players kinda dislike having O'Leary as a coach since he was kinda that "grumpy old man" figure? Also he benched Shaquem for like 2 years, that would be interesting though.
Because shaquem wasn't better than the other safeties. Nobody knew the type of LB he would become. I'm sure the Statue is proud of him.

Grumpy old man or not, he knows defense better than anyone on This Place's staff.

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
Uh, didn't many players kinda dislike having O'Leary as a coach since he was kinda that "grumpy old man" figure? Also he benched Shaquem for like 2 years, that would be interesting though.
True, I'm more just suggesting him coming in assisting with the defensive game plan rather than actually coaching the team.

wow you guys are cruel, the coach just took u to a undefeated season and your bashing him because he is leaving your program to go HOME, he could have gone elsewhere 3 years ago but chose to come to your program and lead it and make it successful, lay of him, he is doing what is best for him and his family, going back to where he played, can't blame him.

wow you guys are cruel, the coach just took u to a undefeated season and your bashing him because he is leaving your program to go HOME, he could have gone elsewhere 3 years ago but chose to come to your program and lead it and make it successful, lay of him, he is doing what is best for him and his family, going back to where he played, can't blame him.
You write like a nine year old.
Now:
AnNEmF6.jpg

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
Let me introduce you to my friends the period and the sentence.

That’s a non-biased outsider’s opinion for the most part
I trust the Hawkeye. Nebraska fans are for it.
What does that tell you?

Frost leaving is too fresh. Everyone will come to their senses soon enough. We have 4 weeks
Ya, all the publicity is good for Nebraska. Expect a large Husker presence. A bunch of people are discussing it on our fb pages. Most intend to buy some UCF gear and mix it with Husker gear.
Also, how do I change my name? I promised LemmyKilmister I would.

Reactions: VPNCantKeepMeDown
I wouldn't get plane reservation yet if I was a Nebraska fan. I have feeling he won't wind up being there. And if anyone does go, at least have the freaking decency to wear UCF gear. Nebraska gear is trolling. Period.

Reactions: Mikesi
Ya, all the publicity is good for Nebraska. Expect a large Husker presence. A bunch of people are discussing it on our fb pages. Most intend to buy some UCF gear and mix it with Husker gear.
Also, how do I change my name? I promised LemmyKilmister I would.

You know that this is just a reverse LeBron situation right?

I wouldn't get plane reservation yet if I was a Nebraska fan. I have feeling he won't wind up being there. And if anyone does go, at least have the freaking decency to wear UCF gear. Nebraska gear is trolling. Period.
That is the main topic of discussion. Most are just going with UCF gear, but a loud minority are arguing to represent Nebraska in some way as well.

Now, I'll start this off by saying that I am a Husker fan first....

So I will start by saying, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want it either. I know it would be amazing recruitment tool for Nebraska, and as much as I still want it to happen, Danny White should see that there may be too much distraction for this to actually happen.

IF UCF wins, that is a huge for the university and the team. But it's also big for Nebraska and Scott Frost. That would be a win win for both of our programs obviously.

However, it gets ugly if UCF loses. There's already some sort of hatred sentiment from you guys towards SF, and while I disagree, it is certainly explainable. You guys feel abandoned, and would rather cut the cord right now and move on to the next guy. (By the way, I think Sumlin would be a super good hire for you guys) I get that, and would totally understand if the team/admin told Scott thanks, but no thanks. Either way, he will most likely be at the game watching. But, if UCF loses, who will be to blame? Will it be Scott for not giving 100%, because he has to do some work at Nebraska? Or will it be Danny White, for letting Frost come back and bringing all those distractions with him?

I would leave this up to a team vote for sure, and allow those guys to let their coach come back, or try it without him. Certainly a tough call to be made, but I wish nothing but the best for UCF.

Reactions: Mikesi
Are Frost and his assistants still on UCF payroll or Nebraskas? Do we really want the coaches at OUR bowl game wearing UCF gear, and than changing to Nebraska gear as they leave the stadium? What a disgrace and insult to UCF. Screw them...they were in our house making calls to future Nebraska commitments instead of properly prepping for our own Conference Championship!

That's fair.. Coming as an obvious outsider, I don't really know the sentiment about this subject. But was just giving you my 2 cents.

We love us some DW. He's killing it in other sports as well. The average football fan doesn't see this guy getting us to Top 25 status is multiple sports. When the P5 football things happens, DW will havethis place on path to be like Ohio State.

We love us some DW.
He's really a great AD. He will leave you guys in a good position no matter what.

Are Frost and his assistants still on UCF payroll or Nebraskas? Do we really want the coaches at OUR bowl game wearing UCF gear, and than changing to Nebraska gear as they leave the stadium? What a disgrace and insult to UCF. Screw them...they were in our house making calls to future Nebraska commitments instead of properly prepping for our own Conference Championship!

Hmm... He did sign the contract on the 27th of Nov, so that is obviously possible. But I wouldn't go that far unless there is evidence of that. If a recruit has come out saying that Frost called him that week to talk about NE then sure, you can say that. But no one should make up something like that to tarnish someones name.

Either way, I really don't have much more to say here. I just wanted to give my opinion on the coaching situation.

We love us some DW. He's killing it in other sports as well. The average football fan doesn't see this guy getting us to Top 25 status is multiple sports. When the P5 football things happens, DW will havethis place on path to be like Ohio State.
LOL
You said "this place"

There is zero chance someone from this staff never spoke to that QB recruit Mario offered 3 hours after the AAC championship game. No way.
When did they originally contact him? If they talked to him before, they could of given him a call after he was hired officially..

I mean Frost has done in home visits already with Nebraska kids. He and his staff have hit the ground running.

Agree with you on this.........but we are looking for the best interest of our school.

I don't hate Frost at all, and I'm grateful for what he did for UCF. However, him coaching the bowl game is a bad idea; one that shouldn't even have been brought up in the first place.

Yes they are, until January. I just have to think that a win is a win is a win. Lose without frost and it gives the appearance that he is bigger than the program. Lose with him and it's because of distractions, it's auburn, etc. Obviously the best case scenario is to win without him but if that isn't possible then err on the side of winning.

I can tell you guys this from what is being said up here. It sounds like they did meet in Philly before the Temple game. It sounds like Matt Davison played a HUGE role in this as he was almost a go between from the Nebraska AD to Frost. Frost was the only candidate that Nebraska reached out too/offered the job too. A memo of understanding was signed the Monday after Black Friday. It sounds like Frost still had some questions and a phone call between him and Osborne did take place later that week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT