ADVERTISEMENT

I'd take Scott Frost back in a millisecond! Thoughts?

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
From the Slant:
Scott Frost
The Buzz:
Would Frost consider an encore? It hasn’t gone exactly as planned at Nebraska, where he’s 12-20 in three seasons with the Cornhuskers. Frost turned around the UCF program in just two seasons and would provide an instant spark with a fan base that is eager to see another perfect season.

Thoughts? :)

Frost went out in a blaze of lies, deception and raped and raided our program of coaches and players with no remorse or respect. To invite him back would be to give him an even greater sense of entitlement that he can disrespect UCF at will. I for one feel there should be consequences to such disrespect, even for those who are talented.

Frost went out in a blaze of lies, deception and raped and raided our program of coaches and players with no remorse or respect. To invite him back would be to give him an even greater sense of entitlement that he can disrespect UCF at will. I for one feel there should be consequences to such disrespect, even for those who are talented.
I don't think Frost should ever come back, but this is such bullshit. He stuck around and helped us get our biggest win in program history, when he didn't have to. (see Norvell-Memphis 2019) He notified us he was leaving early which allowed us to get a new staff in place quickly, which certainly helped us have success the following year. Certainly the timing of his departure was much more ideal than Heupel's this year. He got all his coaches big raises, and he didn't raid the roster, yeah he took some recruits, but I don't think those guys amounted to much of anything. To say he raided our program of players is quite the overstatement. Especially considering we went undefeated the next regular season as well.

I don't think Frost should ever come back, but this is such bullshit. He stuck around and helped us get our biggest win in program history, when he didn't have to. (see Norvell-Memphis 2019) He notified us he was leaving early which allowed us to get a new staff in place quickly, which certainly helped us have success the following year. Certainly the timing of his departure was much more ideal than Heupel's this year. He got all his coaches big raises, and he didn't raid the roster, yeah he took some recruits, but I don't think those guys amounted to much of anything. To say he raided our program of players is quite the overstatement. Especially considering we went undefeated the next regular season as well.
Aren’t all NY6 Bowls even?

You don't think our undefeated season and national championship is the biggest accomplishment in program history?
2017 and 2013 are 1a and 1b for me. 2013 wasn’t perfect but the loss was by 3 to the number 4 team. It also featured wins at Happy Valley, at Louisville (12-1 Bridgewater team who was making BCS championship noise before the loss), and the big 12 champ.

we're going to bring him back and ruin whatever ounce of magical reminiscence left from that 2017 season when we see reality with our current roster. Nah, let's save those good times and move forward.

Reactions: mattropolis
From the Slant:
Scott Frost
The Buzz:
Would Frost consider an encore? It hasn’t gone exactly as planned at Nebraska, where he’s 12-20 in three seasons with the Cornhuskers. Frost turned around the UCF program in just two seasons and would provide an instant spark with a fan base that is eager to see another perfect season.

You think he would be willing to take a 50% pay cut because why????

You don't think our undefeated season and national championship is the biggest accomplishment in program history?
The Bowl wins are the same. I’d argue the first of them is sweeter. First bowl win for us was great as well. Just because it was the first.

Frost to many in our fanbase is the hot girl you got with in college that was over you the moment she left the door, yet you cling onto as your peak. I'm glad we had him and caught lightning in a bottle, but he ain't coming back, so move on.

Frost to many in our fanbase is the hot girl you got with in college that was over you the moment she left the door, yet you cling onto as your peak. I'm glad we had him and caught lightning in a bottle, but he ain't coming back, so move on.
You forgot the part where she developed a meth habit for 3 years after she left.

I'd take him quicker than a millisecond. Guy had leadership and got us wins. Idc about his stint in Nebraska. He shined here and he could do it again. Don't think he's interested in coming anytime soon. If they sack him though, watch for us to bring him back.

If Heupel crashes and burns at Tenn is he not considered a bum like Frost? A few weeks ago the sentiment from several on the board was Heupel has proven himself to be superior to Frost.

If Heupel crashes and burns at Tenn is he not considered a bum like Frost? A few weeks ago the sentiment from several on the board was Heupel has proven himself to be superior to Frost.
I don't think anyone thinks that. The opposite actually. He was handed a golden program at UCF and wasted it. He did nothing but bring us back to mediocrity.

Reactions: Yaes
No. To me he'd just be like the vast majority of other college coaches. Not great, not bad. A coach. Not a lot of coaches are particularly successful over time, unless you are at like at a specific set of 10-15 universities, with some outliers out there as well (I think we are an outlier). A lot of that success just comes from the talent difference they hold over their peers (and ability to develop that talent).

Reactions: Yaes
A lot of that success just comes from the talent difference they hold over their peers (and ability to develop that talent).

Seems like UCF has had the talent difference the last two years amongst its peers.

I don't think Luck got us a national championship! Everyone loved how Scotty called the game and the plays......and they worked with what we had! :cool:

From the Slant:
Scott Frost
The Buzz:

No

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT