ADVERTISEMENT

if we play Maryland next year...

ucfversusbcs

Golden Knight
Oct 14, 2010
If Coach Frost has his QB decided, there's no excuse losing to them. They got handled by Penn State today.

Their top 20 recruiting class might have something to say about that.

A year under Frost should be much different even against a 2017 Maryland class.

That's 3 4 stars and 1 five star more than we have. I'm not saying I don't trust coach Frost but my stepdad played for Maryland and supposedly 3-4 more 4/5 stars are about to commit

And whose to say a year under durkin won't improve Maryland ? I would love to say we unequivocally win but that last series against their freshman QB doesnt instill complete confidence

And whose to say a year under durkin won't improve Maryland ? I would love to say we unequivocally win but that last series against their freshman QB doesnt instill complete confidence

I dont consider Penn State that good of a team i guess. if the score was close i'd reconsider.

And I don't think we'd beat penn state at home this year. Next year is completely different.

And I don't think we'd beat penn state at home this year. Next year is completely different.
Probably not and thats the point. Penn State beat Maryland pretty bad and we lost to Maryland in OT because of mistakes and inexperience at key positions.
If Maryland beat Penn State or played close and lost, then i like i said earlier would reconsider. Im not going to say Frost should be fired if we lose again next year, but i dont see the Maryland recruits for 2017 embarassing experienced wide receivers, speedy RBs that have made an impact their freshman year and another freshman QB whose star rating may only be because of his height.
i didnt expect much against Maryland this year because of 0-12, but after the OT game and Maryland possibly trending downward cause of the loss, i will expect a win.

Probably not and thats the point. Penn State beat Maryland pretty bad and we lost to Maryland in OT because of mistakes and inexperience at key positions.
If Maryland beat Penn State or played close and lost, then i like i said earlier would reconsider. Im not going to say Frost should be fired if we lose again next year, but i dont see the Maryland recruits for 2017 embarassing experienced wide receivers, speedy RBs that have made an impact their freshman year and another freshman QB whose star rating may only be because of his height.
i didnt expect much against Maryland this year because of 0-12, but after the OT game and Maryland possibly trending downward cause of the loss, i will expect a win.

I've got to agree. A crap 0-12 team played them pretty well. I don't know the actual facts, but I'm betting a P5 team redshirts a lot of their incoming class, not to mention, regardless of amount of stars, they're still just out of high school and many, many, many talk about true freshman mistakes. I'd say we have a pretty good chance.

Just an annoying question since I don't follow anyone other than UCF, but when's the last time anyone considered Maryland a force?

I did say it was annoying.

Maryland laid an egg today, but Penn State isn't that good. Bit of a shocker actually. Penn State would not blow UCF out.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Just an annoying question since I don't follow anyone other than UCF, but when's the last time anyone considered Maryland a force?

I did say it was annoying.
Maryland hasnt been a big deal since GOLs offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech was head coach (forgot his name).
Maryland is a beatable team for Frost just like Missouri was when GOL was coach.

Worry about temple....it's the only game that matters next.

A quote to prove "the only game that matters is the next one" is only believed by fans, and is complete bollocks.

"We've been practicing for the Houston defense all spring and at camp," Navy quarterback Will Worth said. "To be able to execute our game plan made the difference."

Only boobs believe that crap about only worry about the next game.

I'm going to play devil's advocate about bringing Navy into the conference as football only. All they do is embarrass top schools in the AAC with their offense that takes weeks to properly prepare for. Then they go and lose to Air Force of the MW the previous week. There are no real upsides to Navy.

Now that the Big 12 pushed their weight around to end the 12-team requirement for a conference championship game (more evidence system is rigged), the AAC looks pretty stupid by admitting Navy out of desperation!

A quote to prove "the only game that matters is the next one" is only believed by fans, and is complete bollocks.

"We've been practicing for the Houston defense all spring and at camp," Navy quarterback Will Worth said. "To be able to execute our game plan made the difference."

You can spend time in the spring and fall camp working on what you see as your biggest opponent in conference play. Get your guys ready for it. That being said, if the team you play the week before doesn't do anything like it, you work on what the team you are playing this week does. If you spend too much time looking down the road you don't see the car in front of you hit their brakes. Kind of what happened to Navy with Air Force last week.

That's ridiculous. It totally depends on the team. How can you compare an established Navy offense and defense to a newly installed UCF offense and defense? If you asked Scott Frost if he was preparing for Houston and USF in July and August, he would laugh. UCF will win games worrying about UCF. We aren't to that point yet. Do you really think we are worrying about Houston or USF right now or Temple?

Last edited:
If Coach Frost has his QB decided, there's no excuse losing to them. They got handled by Penn State today.

Last I checked Penn State is in the Big 10 and they are doing okay this year. I think they beat Temple earlier this season. If we lose to Temple, what does that say about us?

I think Maryland's players will be in the 2nd year in their new systems. So they are also learning on the fly, just as our guys are. I'm pretty sure Maryland is going to bring in some players this year that fit their system, like us. We lost this year at home. Next year we play them on the road.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you think we should be the favorite. If anything, the game could go either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT