ADVERTISEMENT

I'm disappointed at Frost's offense ....as a unit they look lost

Oldest Man

Silver Knight
Oct 19, 2001
maybe it's just the QB but Frost has to instill some stability and confidence to help the young guys....

he is supposed to be an offensive genius right? right now it looks like the blind leading the blind...

if you don't have a leader who can bring some confidence to the offense, why not use the next group of QB's (like Kruczek or the freshman) and let them gain experience and grow with the young and talented skill players that we have? If our offense is gonna perform like a deer in the headlights, might as well give the next generation some experience...honestly Holman and Patti should both be in the rear view mirror.....

maybe it's just the QB but Frost has to instill some stability and confindence to help the young guys....

he is supposed to be an offensive genius right? right now it looks like the blind leading the blind...

if you don't have a leader who can bring some confidence to the offense, why not use the next group of QB's (like Kruczek or the freshman) and let them gain experience and grow with the young and talented skill players that we have? If our offense is gonna perform like a deer in the headlights, might as well give the next generation some experience...honestly Holman and Patti should both be in the rear view mirror.....

the offensive line is weak but Holman will never be the answer, hard to have the offense go when you have an OLine that IAA SC State can push around.

Holman doesn't have the poise

We'll be fine in another season or 2. Even with the play we see before us right now, we'll have a few more wins this season---hopefully.

This is game 2 of a brand new scheme that he doesn't yet have the pieces for. I'm more surprised by the special teams whose playbook isn't a novel. He is taking 0-12 "prostyle" offensive personel and trying to run the read option from his own 10 yard line rinse repeat.

some of you need to realize this team was 0-12 last season for a reason

Taggart took over a 4 win team at USF and lost his 1st game to a IAA team

Frost will get you some wins this year I think. Just keep believing. He is accustomed to winning and that is what he plans to do.

maybe it's just the QB but Frost has to instill some stability and confidence to help the young guys....

This is very reactionary. Look at the context of his situation. It takes more than game 2 to bring a program back from the grave. O'leary left the program in pure shambles.

I expect us to win at least 2 games this year. 3 would be a big bonus.
I think that's crazy

1) Receiver blocking has been great.
2) Defense has looked really good given the talent we're facing is way beyond what we'll face in conference.
3) Wilson has shown himself to be a great running back.
4) The misdirection of this offense has opened huge holes even with our terrible oline.

We still play FIU, ECU, Tulane, UConn, Temple, USF this year, I can't imagine we won't win at least hlaf of those.

Reactions: jared151
Gotta win with new freshman QB's. Holman is injury prone and doesn't have instinct. Patti is worse with little to no talent except when running for his life. Start grooming the freshman to lead the future!!!

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I disagree. I think the team does have stability and confidence. We are talking about a team that didn't win any game in like 600 days. You can't expect to go to a team like Michigan and expect to compete toe to toe. The team needs time. We saw what they were capable of last week. A lot of errors were made this week. That is to be expected. I thought UCF would have a better showing then they did. But I still expect 6-7 wins. Frost has this team believing. Can't let one game get you discouraged.

I saw a lot of good things today. I saw a lot of ugly things today. But all those ugly things are correctable.

I think that's crazy

1) Receiver blocking has been great.
2) Defense has looked really good given the talent we're facing is way beyond what we'll face in conference.
3) Wilson has shown himself to be a great running back.
4) The misdirection of this offense has opened huge holes even with our terrible oline.

We still play FIU, ECU, Tulane, UConn, Temple, USF this year, I can't imagine we won't win at least hlaf of those.
Right. We humiliated them. That's why Harbaugh kept his starters in until real late in the 4th quarter and kept passing with under 2 minutes left. Giving up 275 yards to the worst running team in the nation last year? Pressuring his QB repeatedly despite uncalled holding on most every play. Stopping his run game cold and forcing him to pass every down. Getting out hustled repeatedly. Think how close it could have been if their scouts hadn't discovered a weakness in our special team blocking schemes. Don't complain that Michigan's D is their real strength. They'll make any opposing offense look bad.

Sure, give the freshman or sophomore some playing time. I'm sure Frost is considering that, especially if Holman's hammie keeps him out.

Reactions: cocoabeachjason
This is game 2 at Michigan for him. The majority of the team is oleary's players. Give the man time. This game was scheduled as a money grab years ago. Give it time..

I just got back. We looked really good in some areas and even Michigan fans said so. We are not Hawaii. At one time it was 44-14 and we were driving. Lots of correctable mistakes.

The only thing that bothers me is that the plays aren't being run fast enough like this offense is supposed to do. The QB isn't changing the play when needed, but is waiting for the coach. Sometimes it took 15 or more seconds. We definitely ran ball great at times, just too inconsistently.

We are definitely beating FIU!

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFProf
It's the OLine. This OLine is probably the highest level recruited OLine that we've ever had but looks like the worst. Wyatt Miller, Chavis Dickey, Tate Hernly, Luke Palmer, Aaron Evans. These guys were studs coming out of high school and have been studs in the program before. What happened?

I think they are OK at blocking for the run. They just aren't that athletic yet and may never be. Not sure about Rae at center either.

I just got back. We looked really good in some areas and even Michigan fans said so. We are not Hawaii. At one time it was 44-14 and we were driving. Lots of correctable mistakes.

The only thing that bothers me is that the plays aren't being run fast enough like this offense is supposed to do. The QB isn't changing the play when needed, but is waiting for the coach. Sometimes it took 15 or more seconds. We definitely ran ball great at times, just too inconsistently.

The QB isn't allowed to change play. There is no way Frost will trust these kids to call a game.

The QB isn't allowed to change play. There is no way Frost will trust these kids to call a game.
That's fine, but it's not near the speed it needs to be yet. That's for sure. The times that it was (and there were few), i definitely saw the defense getting a little winded and they were caught a little off guard.

That's fine, but it's not near the speed it needs to be yet. That's for sure. The times that it was (and there were few), i definitely saw the defense getting a little winded and they were caught a little off guard.
Yes agree. Not as fast as I'd like but it was run faster than last week. Every week hopefully gets faster. It's looking like we will need to burn a redshirt this year. Not sure why we wouldn't. Recruiting should get better every year and we should get a top tier qb in 2 years.

Yes agree. Not as fast as I'd like but it was run faster than last week. Every week hopefully gets faster. It's looking like we will need to burn a redshirt this year. Not sure why we wouldn't. Recruiting should get better every year and we should get a top tier qb in 2 years.
Agreed. Let's put him in one of the next 2 games.

Remember, during the first half of the SCST game, Frost sent in the plays before the defense was set...and the UCF offense was inconsistent, especially at QB play. It wasn't till the 2nd half, when Frost WAITED for the defense to set up and all UCF players looked to the bench for the call, did Holman and the team's performance improve.

UCF went to that style a lot vs Michigan too...especially with Patti at QB.

Really? Are you kidding me? Unreal. It's game 2 of a polar opposite offensive scheme against the #5 team in the country on the road, after scoring 38 in game 1. All this coming after going 0-12 last year and people are already questioning the offense and the head coach?

This is a special level of ridiculous.

I think the complaint is more about the vanilla playcalling. Obviously noone expected the offense to dominate.

Vanilla? We have a QB(s) who can't complete passes to our skill positions. O-Line pass defense is like punching through paper. I think we have to keep it pretty simple.

bump....if Milton starts as rumored, we'll see if a QB (albeit a very young one) who understands the offense can rev it up....I'm expecting better decisions and an improved passing game to add to our run game.....should be exciting to be introduced to our future....best of luck young man!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT