ADVERTISEMENT

I'm rooting for SMU

Same, SMU has such great chemistry and composure... the benefits of their nonexistent depth

there is East Coast bias but I think the Pac12 might be the best league this year

saw the last 8 minutes of the game...Boatright is really good. Milton for SMU hit some daggers, tough loss

there is East Coast bias but I think the Pac12 might be the best league this year
saw the last 8 minutes of the game...Boatright is really good. Milton for SMU hit some daggers, tough loss
Not even close! The PAC 12 was clearly ranked the worst of the 6 top basketball conferences (i.e., P5 plus Big East)
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2017/conference/
In fact, the AAC is 7th as usual, just behind the PAC 12.
And USC was tied for fifth in the PAC 12, just ahead of Colorado.
We took care of business against our PAC 12 opponent and SMU could not.
And by tonight, UCF may be the only AAC school in the post-season, playing a team that deserved a Big Dance invite.

Reactions: UCFhonors
May want to finish in top 3 here, and actually make tournie before bitching.
At least this time, we don't have to only depend on choke artists like SMU and Cincy to carry the AAC's banner! For the first time, Dawkins and company has a chance to salvage some prestige for the conference.

Also, we did finish in the top 3: -- Houston and UCF tied for 3rd with 12 victories against conference schools, they got knocked out in the quarterfinals of the AAC tourney while we made it to the semis, they lost in the first round of NIT, we're in the 2nd so far, and we'll have at least one more victory this season than they do.

Not even close! The PAC 12 was clearly ranked the worst of the 6 top basketball conferences (i.e., P5 plus Big East)
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2017/conference/
In fact, the AAC is 7th as usual, just behind the PAC 12.
And USC was tied for fifth in the PAC 12, just ahead of Colorado.
We took care of business against our PAC 12 opponent and SMU could not.
And by tonight, UCF may be the only AAC school in the post-season, playing a team that deserved a Big Dance invite.
Three teams in the Sweet 16 #EastCoastBias

No AAC teams in the sweet 16?!? Aresco better not take this bias sitting down. The only question is: do we go with stickers again or try jersey patches?

At least this time, we don't have to only depend on choke artists like SMU and Cincy to carry the AAC's banner! For the first time, Dawkins and company has a chance to salvage some prestige for the conference.

Also, we did finish in the top 3: -- Houston and UCF tied for 3rd with 12 victories against conference schools, they got knocked out in the quarterfinals of the AAC tourney while we made it to the semis, they lost in the first round of NIT, we're in the 2nd so far, and we'll have at least one more victory this season than they do.

The results of the AAC in the NCAA has been disappointing. It's like the conference is in rebuilding mode. We need to have this success carry over to next year and the next so we can cash in with a big recruiting year.

The results of the AAC in the NCAA has been disappointing. It's like the conference is in rebuilding mode. We need to have this success carry over to next year so we can cash in with a big recruiting year.
I had said this last fall about a likely down year for our conference, providing UCF with an opening to move way up in the AAC. Dawkins and players, through hard work and focus, took every advantage of the opportunity, especially when Memphis, Tulsa, and UConn got worn down, just when UCF finally figured how to win close games and triumph on the road. When Houston lost it two recent games, we even passed them last week.

I had said this last fall about a likely down year for our conference, providing UCF with an opening to move way up in the AAC. Dawkins and players, through hard work and focus, took every advantage of the opportunity, especially when Memphis, Tulsa, and UConn got worn down, just when UCF finally figured how to win close games and triumph on the road. When Houston lost it two recent games, we even passed them last week.

That's right, you did say that. But does mean next year will be an up year for the conference?

I know UConn expects to be way better. If Lawson stays, Memphis will be better. Not sure about the rest.

Last edited:
That's right, you did say that. But does mean next year will be an up year for the conference?

I know UConn expects to be way better. If Lawson stays, Memphis will be better. Not sure about the rest.
And we'll we good. Conference has added some great, proven coaches, so that's a hopeful sign -- recruits are attracted to coaches a bit more in basketball than in football (where the P5 vacuums up most everyone). Perhaps the quick elimination of 7 of the 8 ACC schools may sway top recruits to re-consider the AAC, especially if Lawson and other top players get contracts with the NBA. Hope Matt is given a long look -- his catch-and-shoot, quick-release, NBA-range style and pro size and body is better styled for their league than the college game (his defense, condition, court awareness, and toughness have greatly improved, and he still have upside growth potential to improve his ball handling and passing).

And we'll we good. Conference has added some great, proven coaches, so that's a hopeful sign -- recruits are attracted to coaches a bit more in basketball than in football (where the P5 vacuums up most everyone). Perhaps the quick elimination of 7 of the 8 ACC schools may sway top recruits to re-consider the AAC, especially if Lawson and other top players get contracts with the NBA. Hope Matt is given a long look -- his catch-and-shoot, quick-release, NBA-range style and pro size and body is better styled for their league than the college game (his defense, condition, court awareness, and toughness have greatly improved, and he still have upside growth potential to improve his ball handling and passing).

True. There is probably not a better recruiting pitch than a couple of our guys now play in the NBA.

We may only recruit one player next year with AJ being the only senior. But in college ball there are so many transfers that it's almost impossible to predict. This team is basically stacked for the next two years.

Reactions: Miltonian
True. There is probably not a better recruiting pitch than a couple of our guys now play in the NBA.

We may only recruit one player next year with AJ being the only senior. But in college ball there are so many transfers that it's almost impossible to predict. This team is basically stacked for the next two years.
We really do have serious talent going into next year. PLus the fact we are in the running for some stud 4 stars to add to the depth;.

Yes, besides inevitable transfers, Dawkins' son gives us a scholarship and need help on front line. I'd love to see Johnny sending in waves of replacements like UNC would do to maintain full-court pressure. like the peak years of Memphis. Their depth and athleticism was the antidote to slowdown SMU and Cincy. By the time they'd gets into the front court, there's only 18 seconds on the clock -- too little to make 4 passes to find that open guy that those offenses are based on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT