ADVERTISEMENT

Impressions from the game

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
Tailgating is starting to catch on. And what a perfect day for it!
Colleague's cute granddaughter took to the floor at halftime after afternoon of tutoring from Knightwave dancers. Proud grandma. One tired 7 yr old munched nachos with us. Good luck charm.
Crowd matched size of Houston home game, despite modest student attendance.
Season ticketholder rippled giant floor-size flag during anthem in salute to military services.
Fans really got into if from the beginning as guys went out 14-zip. Home cookin' really helps.
When we distribute ball on offense and help out on defense, its a formidable, even scary, team.
One of our best defensive efforts: 5 blocks, 4 steals, balanced scoring, 14 assists, 53.5% shooting, held Memphis to 30% from floor, 22% from downtown. Could even afford to miss 18 free throws.
Despite 4 straight losses, today's win puts us only 1 game out of 3rd in AAC and game up on UConn!
Ranked Cincy, perfect in the AAC, next up midweek and UConn back at home next weekend.

Where were the students? Pathetic showing. All those missed free throws were killing me, but we got our 2nd ever win against memphis! Go Knights!

Thank You to all of the vets!

Where were the students? Pathetic showing.
Students don't/can't show on weekends (unless there's a giveaway). Still a decent student section. But it was the largest non-student attendance of the season. I haven't seen the sideline sections (even the $1000 seats) that occupied is quite a while.

Got to give lots of credit to Johnny for this win. We were on the verge of the wheels falling off like last year. Johnny clearly got the players motivated and had a great game plan. The offensive ball movement! Wow.

We are very good when we get 5+ players involved on the offensive side of the ball. AJ and Tank really stepped up. Nick had an off game due to some bad fouls. Chad made the most of his minutes. That's what we need. Tacko, BJ and Matt are all better off when we spread the ball around. Again I think this is mostly coaching.

We certainly showed toknight that we can continue to improve. This team has potential left in the tank.

Reactions: UCFProf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT