ADVERTISEMENT

Incentives to keep students/fans for entire game...

AirAttack123

Bronze Knight
Nov 1, 2009
Cabana Club
Saw this at Arizona St. If the Sun Devils won they would pass out 1 free medium pizza gift card. Now IDK if that is in the budget but it sparks a great discussion of how to keep people in the stadium the whole game. My 2 cents:

1. Improve traffic leaving the stadium so that people dont feel the urge to "beat traffic".
2. Have an "after" victory party where there is music or something along those lines that allow the excitement to continue on. Have Tailgaters host, this could also help with number 1.

Any other ideas? Improving the gameday experience will be major (Brent) key going forward especially with the ticket increases and improving TV market.

CHARGE ON!!!!

What if the defense promises to let the opposing team back in the game in every fourth qtr?

How about an on field product that is worth watching for four quarters?
The Temple game was packed and we came out hot, then half the stadium left and momentum was lost. Thats obviously not the reason they lost, but you cant deny playing in front of a packed home crowed can give you an advantage.

The Temple game was packed and we came out hot, then half the stadium left and momentum was lost. Thats obviously not the reason they lost, but you cant deny playing in front of a packed home crowed can give you an advantage.

The momentum was lost because we couldn't move the ball and they controlled the clock and the ball.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Throw money from a blimp in the 4th Quarter:
Family-Guy-Season-1-Episode-1-39-e567.jpg

Family-Guy-Season-1-Episode-1-40-cf85.jpg

I don't have A.D.D. so it's not a problem for me. Basically, real football fans stay the whole game because they love the sport for what it is, and not because they are there to see football as a means of entertainment. Not everybody is like that, and those types are the ones that leave early. It's not a knock on them, because they paid to be there and it is their choice to leave as they see fit. It's simply the difference between fans of the game, and fans.

How about not blocking people from going back out to 408 through campus like they entered.
I'm stuck going the Alafaya direction after the game.

Alchohol sales
Good competition,
Close game for 4 quarters

and MOST OF ALL, LESS LAME FANS THAT LEAVE EARLY!

If the on field product becomes better, the product (tickets) will become more valuable and expensive and that will weed out the early leavers and increase the diehards.

Hold off on the Cheerleaders sling shotting Tshirts into the stands until the game ends. Then run a few cheesy promos that involve fans in the stands getting shown on the big video board. Ten or fifteen minutes of that relatively cheap to produce crap will keep quite a few in the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT